Bomb attack in Boston
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:21:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bomb attack in Boston
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22
Author Topic: Bomb attack in Boston  (Read 43585 times)
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 15, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »

Pretty sure that graphic pictures (ah, language) are deemed 'not o.k' for the same reason that swearing is.
Nobody gives a sh**t what you deem to be ok and not ok.  Go ahead, start infracting people for posting links to images of this tragedy.  It'll make you really super popular.  You're pathetic.  Infract me up to 11.  I'd welcome the points over this issue.
Pretty sure hes saying it violates the ToS. Also Al cant infract you here, he can only do that on his board.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #326 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:28 PM »

That is the leg above the knee.  Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #327 on: April 15, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »

Pretty sure that graphic pictures (ah, language) are deemed 'not o.k' for the same reason that swearing is.
Nobody gives a sh**t what you deem to be ok and not ok.  Go ahead, start infracting people for posting links to images of this tragedy.  It'll make you really super popular.  You're pathetic.  Infract me up to 11.  I'd welcome the points over this issue.
Al really has no business being a moderator. These images are part of the history that the United States lived through today.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #328 on: April 15, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »

Looks like there's a head in that picture, too.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »

We should seriously ban teenagers from posting here.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2013, 06:59:42 PM »

Pretty sure hes saying it violates the ToS. Also Al cant infract you here, he can only do that on his board.
if Al wanted me infracted, he'd get his way.

And I'm pretty sure bombing civilians violates the law.  Why should we be beholden to ToS in this specific instance.  What an odd and ridiculous time to choose to enforce the ToS.   But please.. go ahead.... censor the tragedy.

And for Al:  No, not a bad day.  We don't need you to frame this tragedy through the pile of sardonic cynicism you call your personality.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #331 on: April 15, 2013, 07:00:18 PM »

Al really has no business being a moderator. These images are part of the history that the United States lived through today.

You can find the graphic stuff on hundreds of other sites. They don't belong or need to be here.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2013, 07:00:56 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2013, 07:04:25 PM by Paul Kemp »

Would you have supported posting the photos of Newtown corpses as they are part of American history?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #333 on: April 15, 2013, 07:01:04 PM »

CNN says one of those killed was an 8 year old boy. As if this couldn't get any worse.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »

Someone lock this thread.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »

But where will your pictures of dogs go?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »

Would you have supported posting the photos of Newtown corpses as they are part of American history?
Was the Newtown attack aired live on TV, with hundreds of people watching it in person at a public event?
CNN says one of those killed was an 8 year old boy. As if this couldn't get any worse.
So now two 8 year olds are dead? Sad
Why? If the Thatcher thread survived, this certainly can. Nothing wrong was posted here.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »

I'm afraid the Atlas Forum is just gonna have to tough it out Sad
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #338 on: April 15, 2013, 07:07:43 PM »

Back on topic: the Globe says a PoI who was hurt in the explosion was being questioned at Brigham and Woman’s Hospital.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #339 on: April 15, 2013, 07:08:15 PM »

Come on, now.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #340 on: April 15, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »

You can find the graphic stuff on hundreds of other sites. They don't belong or need to be here.
Well, in that case.. why are we even discussing this here?  Surely there are other, better sites for national tragedies... I guess once you've seen the insides of someone you love as they nearly go mad from the pain.... you take offense when people try to censor this.  You think the people near the bomb got a ToS compliant view of the tragedy?  

When people like you defend people like Al about rules and regulations in situations like this.. it does nothing but breed resentment and make light of the situation.  "Oh, it was a tragedy.. but I just can't stomach seeing body parts!  I'm so terribly weak.. and you know!  Rules and regulations!"

There is a time and a place, indeed.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #341 on: April 15, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »

So is there a suspect or not?  Seems to be conflicting reports
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: April 15, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »

Hey man, I posted that to cheer some of you up

Sorry for trying to be a contributor
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #343 on: April 15, 2013, 07:09:47 PM »

Was the Newtown attack aired live on TV, with hundreds of people watching it in person at a public event?

Graphic images are being shown on television?

I'm not complaining about so called "graphic images" but your argument is a bit ridiculous.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »

Come on, now.
OK, so that one was pointless.
Like the JFK fire/explosion, the police don't seem to know themselves Tongue.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #345 on: April 15, 2013, 07:11:03 PM »

Not in custody, but suspicious. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: April 15, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »

Nobody gives a sh**t what you deem to be ok and not ok.  Go ahead, start infracting people for posting links to images of this tragedy.  It'll make you really super popular.  You're pathetic.  Infract me up to 11.  I'd welcome the points over this issue.

I'm not complaining about so called "graphic images" but your argument is a bit ridiculous.
So have you missed the repeated airing of the bomb ripping through the crowd that CNN has played over and over again? Of the bloodied people running from the smoke? Should CNN have cut away when the World Trade Center collapsed on live TV, when every person watching knew thousands of people were still inside?

I am not advocating people posting these images persay, I am just disputing why they should not be allowed.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2013, 07:13:30 PM »

Obviously there's a lot of confusion right now and you can't really trust the breaking news as it comes.

Unfortunately, only time will tell.  That's not what we want to hear.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »

Anderson Cooper just said to be on the lookout for a black man with an accent.

Lot of detail there, CNN...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »

So have you missed the repeated airing of the bomb ripping through the crowd that CNN has played over and over again? Of the bloodied people running from the smoke? Should CNN cut away when the World Trade Center collapsed on live TV, when every person watching knew thousands of people were still inside?
No.  But we shouldn't show pictures of it here... ToS.  There are plenty of other websites on which to see the trade towers collapse.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies