Shooting reported on MIT campus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:32:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting reported on MIT campus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: Shooting reported on MIT campus  (Read 23016 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: April 19, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »

From what I heard, that uncle only called the older one the loser.  Unfortunately, the younger one apparently got dragged down by by his brother. A shame, as from what I've heard it appears he had a bright future.  Families.  They can lift you up, but they can also drag you down.

How does a 19 year-old slip away? They had a million cops/FBI/etc there and he just drove off? No helicopters?

Since the first cop who was shot was the MIT cop, I suspect the timeline is something like the two were on the MIT campus preparing to plant bombs, the MIT cop discovered them doing what they were doing and ended up being shot and killed, but in doing so started a hurried improvised  manhunt.  Keep in mind, the authorities were presuming that the perpetrators would be trying to hide/get away, not trying to do a second attack in Boston.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #301 on: April 19, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »

That's probably why they are going door to door.

They do that because they are polite people.

Like Mormons.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted or not yet, but this is supposedly his real twitter profile: https://twitter.com/J_tsar

He enjoys Breaking Bad because he likes meth!
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2013, 02:21:23 PM »

From what I heard, that uncle only called the older one the loser.  Unfortunately, the younger one apparently got dragged down by by his brother. A shame, as from what I've heard it appears he had a bright future.  Families.  They can lift you up, but they can also drag you down.

How does a 19 year-old slip away? They had a million cops/FBI/etc there and he just drove off? No helicopters?

Since the first cop who was shot was the MIT cop, I suspect the timeline is something like the two were on the MIT campus preparing to plant bombs, the MIT cop discovered them doing what they were doing and ended up being shot and killed, but in doing so started a hurried improvised  manhunt.  Keep in mind, the authorities were presuming that the perpetrators would be trying to hide/get away, not trying to do a second attack in Boston.

This morning both brothers were outside their car in a HUGE shootout with the cops. I saw a guy on MSNBC who lived in apt. overlooking the shootout and he live tweeted it.  He said that one of the suspects got in the car and drove off. Sorry but it seems to me that the cops screwed up. Couldnt follow a car? Even with helicopters. The older one was probably the brains of the pair, but the kid has eluded the cops for about 16 hours now.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »

Sean Collier, 26, was the MIT officer killed by the suspects.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17825631-dedicated-officer-gunned-down-by-boston-marathon-suspects-at-mit?lite
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

My bet is he is close by to the location of the shooting. He is probably in some strangers house and is holding them hostage or maybe killed them and his trying to wait it out. That's probably why they are going door to door.
That's probably their line of thinking, anyways.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #306 on: April 19, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »

I find the lockdown very creepy.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2013, 02:28:39 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2013, 02:33:01 PM by Mynheer Peeperkorn von Thurn und Taxis-Hohenlohe »

Now I saw some kind of tank in CNN.

Do you think that Obama should declare DEFCON-1 until the boy is captured?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »

I think people should be out and about.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2013, 02:41:17 PM »

Their father said that they were framed and that "cowards" shot them
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »

I think people should be out and about.

Sorry, the terrorists won.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2013, 02:45:54 PM »

Did these guys think they were going to get away with it. They live only 2 mi from the bombing. The 19 yo was seen on campus at his school this week after the bombing. They appear to have been living at their apt. after the bombing. On the day their photos (but not names) were released they rob a 7-Eleven a few blocks from their place then carjack a guy and force him to give them money. It seems they didn't originally have an escape plan (with car and cash ready). They went along with everyday life.

And if I lived anywhere near there I wouldnt go out on the streets. The kid needs resources so any car or any person is a potential opportunity for cash or transportation.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »

All this stuff with his seven or eight uncles is priceless. "Borat goes rogue".
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2013, 02:58:04 PM »

So do they keep the lockdown going if they can't find this guy by tomorrow? I'm guessing that's not going to be realistic.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »

The father and an aunt seem to be in denial. Aunt says it is all a setup. That should keep the conspiracy theorists going who will claim all the evidence was 'planted' and these kids are patsies.

btw i wont link it but shot of dead body of older bro is at LiveLeak.com
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #315 on: April 19, 2013, 03:13:53 PM »

Barack Obama ‏@BarackObama 6 Nov
This happened because of you. Thank you.
 Retweeted by Jahar
Does it really matter what his political affiliation is?

Ladies and gentlemen, your radical right. Will stop at nothing to score political points.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #316 on: April 19, 2013, 03:24:31 PM »

Barack Obama ‏@BarackObama 6 Nov
This happened because of you. Thank you.
 Retweeted by Jahar
Does it really matter what his political affiliation is?

Ladies and gentlemen, your radical right. Will stop at nothing to score political points.

It's the nature of both political sides. Attack a strawman or exploit a tragedy or make hideous generalizations in the name of political gain and ego-stroking.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »

I'm not sure on the exact timeline, or just how many cops he eluded at the time of the car chase.  At some point, after having engaged with cops in a car chase, that involved him running over his older brother with the car(!), he managed to lose cops and drive a short distance to somewhere where he ditched the car, then either went off on foot or switched to a different car.  I'm not sure exactly how many cops were on the scene yet at that point.  Maybe not all that many.

And I'm not quite sure of the geography, but from some of the discussion on the NBC affiliate early on, it sounded like this went down close enough to Cambridge that he could have even gotten there by foot from where the car was ditched?  Does that mean that he could have gotten onto one of those college campuses, could even be hiding in some building there, and no one would find him because they cancelled classes so there's no one on campus?
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: April 19, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »

Meanwhile, in Iraq we have dozens of fatalities per week due to terrorism.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #319 on: April 19, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »

Lindsey Graham's response:

https://twitter.com/grahamblog/status/325346404644048897

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2013, 03:50:48 PM »

For some reason I'm most curious about the other name floating around that was completely wrong: Mike Mulugeta. I get the Sunil Tripathi flub, given the publicity of his disappearance, his uncanny resemblance to the blurry FBI photos, and the fact that a former classmate of his stated unequivocally that it was him on Twitter, but the other name (Ethiopian, apparently) was first mentioned on police scanners as far as I know.

I don't really see how Sunil looks like that guy but I guess he is brown! Automatic suspect!
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #321 on: April 19, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »

For some reason I'm most curious about the other name floating around that was completely wrong: Mike Mulugeta. I get the Sunil Tripathi flub, given the publicity of his disappearance, his uncanny resemblance to the blurry FBI photos, and the fact that a former classmate of his stated unequivocally that it was him on Twitter, but the other name (Ethiopian, apparently) was first mentioned on police scanners as far as I know.

I don't really see how Sunil looks like that guy but I guess he is brown! Automatic suspect!

There were a couple of pictures where the resemblance was uncanny, but apparently it was just those couple. It didn't help matters any that the police actually mentioned Sunil's name.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »

He called one of his uncles asking that he forgive him. It's not a set-up, and the father/aunt are in for a rude awakening.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2013, 04:03:34 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2013, 04:11:17 PM by Senator Sbane »

There were a couple of pictures where the resemblance was uncanny, but apparently it was just those couple. It didn't help matters any that the police actually mentioned Sunil's name.

The classmate or "friend" saying it was him was likely the real problem. I don't know how many times the police repeated it, and whether it was just some random cop. Just imagine how their family feels. It's utterly disgusting, and only because people are closed minded morons.

Actually it doesn't even seem like the cops said anything about it. Just some retards on the internet who should be prohibited from commenting on anything more complex than American idol or do you have a voice or whatever that other retarded show is.
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/04/it-wasnt-sunil-tripathi-the-anatomy-of-a-misinformation-disaster/275155/
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #324 on: April 19, 2013, 04:09:56 PM »

ABC saying Brother 2 ran over Brother 1 as he fled police.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies