George W. Bush now as popular as Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:19:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George W. Bush now as popular as Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George W. Bush now as popular as Obama  (Read 4628 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: April 23, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »

People are surprised at this?  Ex-Presidents gain popularity in a meteoric way, especially when they're quiet and out of the limelight instead of busting their predecessors balls.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »

Well, we are a stupid, spoiled, racist, dumb-**** of a nation...  this surprises anybody? 

Yes, we are a forgiving nation, regardless of the other adjectives you might care to use, my friend.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »

Well, we are a stupid, spoiled, racist, dumb-**** of a nation...  this surprises anybody? 

Yes, we are a forgiving nation, regardless of the other adjectives you might care to use, my friend.
Forgiving is definitely the word. I think Obama and Bush are both good men who have tried to do what they think is the best for this country, whether they have succeeded or not is a different story.

I agree.  Wait until you hear Obama at the Bush Library dedication.  No matter how much he uses the blame Bush game in speeches (without mentioning his name), the President's club is a tight knit group on a personal level and I think they chat more than we might imagine....except that Carter hates Clinton.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 02:40:20 PM »

Just wait for him to open his mouth again. People seem to forget the endless scandals, nepotism, and general incompetence.

It wasn't just Iraq, Katrina, and the Economic Crash.

Bush caused Hurricane Katrina?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »

Just wait for him to open his mouth again. People seem to forget the endless scandals, nepotism, and general incompetence.

It wasn't just Iraq, Katrina, and the Economic Crash.

Bush caused Hurricane Katrina?
No, but it was the breaking point after which his approvals never recovered into positive territory.

True.  And most of the problem can be laid squarely at Nagin's feet......but Bush paid for it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies