George W. Bush now as popular as Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:37:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George W. Bush now as popular as Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George W. Bush now as popular as Obama  (Read 4632 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:14 AM »

I don't like the results of the poll so I'm going to follow the GOP lead and say that it is skewed. Obama's really at 101% approval and W's really at -50%
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:56:02 AM »

Doesn't really matter.

Only thing I'm really curious about is if there would still be fatigue associated with the name due to a potential Jeb run in the future. Bill was more popular than this and it still wasn't enough to overcome it for Hillary.
Wasn't enough for Hillary in the primaries. Hillary could've mopped the floor with John McCain, Mitt Romney, and all the rest.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »

Just wait for him to open his mouth again. People seem to forget the endless scandals, nepotism, and general incompetence.

It wasn't just Iraq, Katrina, and the Economic Crash.

Bush caused Hurricane Katrina?
No, but it was the breaking point after which his approvals never recovered into positive territory.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 03:59:06 PM »

Just wait for him to open his mouth again. People seem to forget the endless scandals, nepotism, and general incompetence.

It wasn't just Iraq, Katrina, and the Economic Crash.

Bush caused Hurricane Katrina?
No, but it was the breaking point after which his approvals never recovered into positive territory.

True.  And most of the problem can be laid squarely at Nagin's feet......but Bush paid for it.
I disagree. We like to think that our leaders, local state and federal, control far more than they do. Katrina was nobody's fault. Maybe the long dead real estate developers who built neighborhoods in drained swamps, but really, sometimes Mother Nature just gives you big middle finger. Katrina was on a scale with just a few parallels in American History. The San Francisco Earthquake of 1906. The Great Chicago Fire. Hurricane Galveston. When an entire major city is destroyed by nature, policy makers don't have a lot of options. You can't put Humpty Dumpty back together again. I was impressed to see how good New Orleans looked when I was there over Christmas though. I was expecting far worse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies