Swiss Elections & Politics (Next election 2019) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:16:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Swiss Elections & Politics (Next election 2019) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swiss Elections & Politics (Next election 2019)  (Read 98308 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: January 14, 2014, 04:57:17 AM »

I vaguely heard about a votation on abortion or its refunding by social security somewhere in Switzerland, could you fill us in if you have insight ?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:24:45 AM »

I'm fully aware than the quota-system can only be repelled by the people. But I personally think than if, at the end of the process, Switzerland has to choose between some bilateral agreements or the immigration system, I suppose than the question will be directly asked to the people.

Why do you write "than" instead of "that" ?

Wink

Given than my first language is French and the low quality of English teaching in Quebec (meaning I learned my English in video games and here), my sentence patterns are based on French grammar. I use "than" for the French "que" and that" for the French "cela". The Wiktionnary is saying than in German, "que" is "dass" and "cela" is "das".

I'm aware it's wrong, but it's deeply ingrained (than is only for comparison, I know).
You also tend to mix "though" and "through", by the way, but I'm sure you're also aware of that. Wink
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »

Asinus asinum fricat.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:29:20 AM »

Swiss news that are not utterly despicable? Yes, please!

Frankly, I'm glad this initiative didn't pass. I wouldn't want all of our French sportsmen and women to get back to France as soon as they got a speeding ticket with their Lamborghini in Montreux... Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies