a question to ponder.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:51:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  a question to ponder.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a question to ponder....  (Read 8072 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« on: February 20, 2005, 11:25:09 PM »

"A black man voting for the Republicans makes about as much sense as a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.” - JC Watts Sr.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 11:39:28 AM »

Not for a while. Mississippi will become Democratic in a few decades when it becomes black majority.
Isn't that rather presumptuous? Where is it written than blacks must and will vote Democrat? The Democrats continue to push a policy that says that blacks need a helping hand to succeed (affirmative action), continue to feel entitled to black support at elections; by contrast, the Repulbicans continue to push individualism, diversity and personal responsibility. What exactly is it that gives the other party such arrogance - I was about to say confidence - that "black" equates to "democrat'?
That's the point. democrats are bound and determined to wipe their party out. abortion kills potential demo-voters, while affirmative action educates blacks (even if it is in a liberal brainwash situation) and they will soon remove the symbolic leash from around their necks, and take off the blindfold. its already happening. Even though 3% may not seem like much, Bush gained that many (~300,000) blacks from the 2000 election to the 2004 election.If Condoleezza Rice is nominated, and there is no black woman as the Democrat's nominee; the divide could stretch all the way to 50/50. it is possible. 39% (~3,900,000) change in votes would be a major blow to their party. even a 10% change is very significant. If Condi is our nominee, she will pick up about 20-50% of the Black vote. That is why we need Condi to run. Hilary can't win against a black woman. Period.

Your crazy if you believe Rice would get anywhere near 50% of the African American vote.  I cant see her breaking 20%.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:32:12 AM »

Condi's biggest weakness is she has never held elective office. If she wasn't black or a womahn, no one would've thrown her name out at all. She's a gimmick candidate, but I really doubt she'll run.

Plus, shes uncharismatic and broing as hell.  I cant watch her speak for anymore than 2-3 minutes at a time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies