Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:15:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you think is most likely to win this November?
Terry McAuliffe (D)

Ken Cuccinelli (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 168

Author Topic: Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?  (Read 67042 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: May 04, 2013, 09:50:31 PM »
« edited: May 04, 2013, 09:57:01 PM by Beet »

Changing my vote to Cuccinelli (although this race is certainly subject to change). He is the definition of a right wing extremist, but at this point an ideologue with charisma can beat a milquetoast Generic D. And nobody in America fits the Generic D stereotype better than Terry McAuliffe.

It's absolutely disgusting that VA Democrats couldn't find someone better.

Really? Wasn't Joe Donnelly a Generic D? You think it's a shame the Ds couldnt find someone other than a Generic D? Isn't the definition of Generic D type of candidate the Ds would typically find? I'm confused by this post.

Edit: Nvm, just saw the WaPo poll. Sure, if someone else were to jump in that might shake things up, but it would be risky. Equally with a prospect of success is just McAuliffe running a better campaign
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 09:46:32 PM »

Ugh. GreenTech is an embarrassment for McAuliffe, period. At this point I'm worried that if he wins, his governorship is going to be dogged by questions of how much he knew at GreenTech about any improprieties. If Bill Bolling had run I'd probably have voted for him. There aren't really any good choices right now.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 04:41:57 PM »

The problem for Republicans is that if the Democrats keep sweeping state races, Republicans won't have a very good bench to compete.

Who else does the Republicans have beside Bill Bolling?

What are you talking about? The Republicans are the ones who have been sweeping state races. If Jackson loses, we'll have the first Democratic Lt. Governor since 2006. The AG has been Republican since 1994.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »

Wait, the LG race was close? I've never seen any polling on it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:48:22 AM »

Good lord, they buried that deeply. I was just thinking the other day how we've never seen any polls of lower level races. Giving it a bit more attention in the story or graphic or even posting the question a bit higher in the poll might help.

I guess it's the African-American evangelical vote coming out. I think I mentioned this but when I was canvassing for Obama I met one black woman who said she wouldn't vote for him because of his stance on gay marriage. The ironic thing is that most of these people are pro-choice.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »

Anyone got county maps?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies