Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 173578 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: May 20, 2013, 09:05:07 PM »

I think I'm going to try to clear my head just a bit and watch some Monday Night Baseball. Tonight's matchup, Washington Nationals vs. San Francisco Giants. I am going to watch it on my tablet. I am going to keep Channel 4 on the TV for continuing damage coverage, but I'm going to try to clear my mind.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #926 on: May 20, 2013, 11:21:47 PM »

What a perfect excuse to not diet and exercise
Actually I'd imagine there would be a cleanup to volunteer for..
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #927 on: May 20, 2013, 11:30:03 PM »

Seriously Bushie, get out there and help with the cleanup. You can help people, do gods work and help yourself. Three birds with one stone.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #928 on: May 21, 2013, 01:40:09 AM »

Just so awful. Thoughts and prayers to all those in affected.

And people talking about diet and exercise in this situation are being way too cynical.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #929 on: May 21, 2013, 07:40:04 AM »

Just so awful. Thoughts and prayers to all those in affected.

And people talking about diet and exercise in this situation are being way too cynical.

Tik's point is well taken though.  I bet they could use some help other than just tasks requiring a lot of physical exertion.  At a shelter, food bank, elder care, whatever.   All of those services are also important. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #930 on: May 21, 2013, 09:12:58 AM »

Guys, you know he isn't going to volunteer or anything. That would interfere with nap time!

Let's just be happy that The Lord saw fit to protect our Bushie and his family.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #931 on: May 21, 2013, 09:19:53 AM »

Guys, you know he isn't going to volunteer or anything. That would interfere with nap time!

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #932 on: May 21, 2013, 09:58:49 AM »

If the rain ever clears out today, I will get out there and walk.  Right now, there is rain and some lightning outside (no severe weather), and there is a severe batch coming in from Western Oklahoma.  It may not completely push out until 1500-1600 this evening.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day, so if I cannot get out there today, I will go to the Harrah Park and resume walking.

As everybody knows, I had ballooned to 275.  I weighed this morning and am down to 270!  5 pounds lost due to eating less.  I'm not necessarily eating right, per se, but I am eating less with one meal a day plus a light snack.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #933 on: May 21, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »

So you can mock Jeff's religion, because religion mocks itself; that has essentially no impact on getting Jeff to stop doing harmful habits.

Jeff doesn't even act like a real Christian. Does Jesus approve of lying, taking advantage of others while avoiding any responsibility? "Religion" is a very useful for him as an excuse to keep his ways.

I understand that; however, that's not what Mitty is doing.  He's not pointing out those things.  He's just mocking the base of Jeff's religion.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #934 on: May 21, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »

I think I'm going to try to clear my head just a bit and watch some Monday Night Baseball. Tonight's matchup, Washington Nationals vs. San Francisco Giants. I am going to watch it on my tablet. I am going to keep Channel 4 on the TV for continuing damage coverage, but I'm going to try to clear my mind.

Other than the bottom of the fifth, that was a pretty excellent game. I was glad to see Belt and Torres do well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #935 on: May 21, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »

The rain and storms appear to be out of our area, now.  We can now begin a 2 1/2 day break before more rain and thunderstorms come in on Friday.  Thankfully, Friday may only bring marginally severe weather.  It is not projected to be anything like what we just went through the past four days.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #936 on: May 21, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »

Tomorrow, I am going to try to return to some sense of normalcy by visiting with the Dietitian at 11:00 am.  After the  appointment, I am going to come back by the Harrah Park and walk for 25 minutes.  Tomorrow night is church, and I was going to begin a sermon series in Luke, but I'm thinking about just having a night of prayer for the victims and survivors of the tornadoes in Moore, Bethel Acres, Shawnee, Carney, Edmond, and Luther.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #937 on: May 21, 2013, 10:37:51 PM »

Tomorrow, I am going to try to return to some sense of normalcy by visiting with the Dietitian at 11:00 am.  After the  appointment, I am going to come back by the Harrah Park and walk for 25 minutes.  Tomorrow night is church, and I was going to begin a sermon series in Luke, but I'm thinking about just having a night of prayer for the victims and survivors of the tornadoes in Moore, Bethel Acres, Shawnee, Carney, Edmond, and Luther.

How far is the dietician's office from your house?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #938 on: May 21, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »

How far is the dietician's office from your house?

~25 miles
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #939 on: May 22, 2013, 12:18:50 AM »

Good Wednesday Morning!  It is about 0015 and I am starting to realize that my time until Kenya is growing short.  As of tomorrow, which is Thursday, I will have exactly four weeks until I leave.  That makes me realize that on Thursday, I need to start the personal packing process.  All the supplies are packed, and now I need to begin the personal packing process.  I don't necessarily need to start putting things into the suitcase quite yet, but I need to start making a list on Thursday, or even later tonight after I get home of what I need to take.  I would like to actually start packing late next week before the end of May, and have everything packed by Father's Day which is the Sunday before I leave.  From the time I actually start packing until the time I finish packing, I will have less than 2 1/2 weeks.  I am starting to get close to crunch time!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #940 on: May 22, 2013, 07:54:27 AM »

Good lord...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #941 on: May 22, 2013, 08:01:31 AM »

bushie's diet and exercise plan were casualties of the tornado, i see.   
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #942 on: May 22, 2013, 08:03:34 AM »

He had a plan?  Perhaps a pipe dream, but hardly a plan.  A plan is something you intend on executing.  The tornado is an excuse, sadly. Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #943 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:58 AM »

He had a plan?  Perhaps a pipe dream, but hardly a plan.  A plan is something you intend on executing.  The tornado is an excuse, sadly. Sad

How is it an excuse?  What was I supposed to do, walk 30 minute in large hail with the tornado sirens going off? Or walk in rain with lightning?  I don't exactly feel like being fried!!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #944 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:31 AM »

I don't exactly feel like being fried!!

Unlike your food?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #945 on: May 22, 2013, 08:56:06 AM »

I'd rather the food be fried than me be fried.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #946 on: May 22, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »

How is it an excuse?  What was I supposed to do, walk 30 minute in large hail with the tornado sirens going off? Or walk in rain with lightning?  I don't exactly feel like being fried!!

mitty and I mean you haven't walked since and you probably won't again today, or tomorrow, rinse - repeat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #947 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:53 AM »

mitty and I mean you haven't walked since and you probably won't again today, or tomorrow, rinse - repeat.

The tornado was Monday evening.  Yesterday, there was rain and lightning off and on all day until 1700 and then I had things to do, dinner and putting my cousin's children to bed.  Today, on my way back from the Dietitian, I am going to stop by the park and walk again.  If the rain stays away tomorrow, I will walk tomorrow, too, but let's just get through today.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #948 on: May 22, 2013, 09:07:06 AM »

Buy an elliptical or stationary bike, dude. Also, what about the Wii fitness game?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #949 on: May 22, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »

Buy an elliptical or stationary bike, dude. Also, what about the Wii fitness game?

No room for either.  This is a single-wide mobile home.  I have no room.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies