Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:58:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 171881 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: May 18, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »

May I ask the forum a question?  Anybody who wants to respond feel free?

Why am I not encouraged to follow my dreams?  Am I somehow not allowed to follow my dreams?  Every time I mention something I hear people constantly saying "it's impossible", "don't try it", "you're wasting your time", "it's a pipe dream", etc.

I have made many mistakes, but it doesn't mean I have no right to pursue my dreams.

Because it's is actually important I'll break my vow of update silence and explain this one for you. (And yeah all these gifs has a specific message I'm trying to make, although admittedly some are so abstract I'm not really expecting anyone get them).

The net symbolizes your goals.

The jumping man is you.

His rolls of fat are your rolls of fat and also symbolizes your numerous habits that are unhealthy for you mentally and physically.

The mat is your dependency on others because you're unable to take care of yourself.

EDIT: And just so we're clear I'll go ahead and connect the dots between these concepts. If you try to keep your eye on the prize without solving the problems that are holding you back you'll fail and nothing will change. Get your day to day life in order before you even think about what your plans will be more than like a year from now. If you can't even motivate yourself to walk around the block how do you think you'll motivate yourself to focus on your education and graduate at the time you're expecting, let alone keep up with all the other things you want to do after that?

What you don't realize, BK, is my life is in order.  I do have things together.  No body believes me, but I seriously do have things together.  I've got my God to fill in the gaps.  One thing I know is certain, the duration of my life will be focused on foreign missions (a very noble and non-egotistical endeavor).  It just remains a question of which capacity do I enter the mission field?  Do I enter through the Peace Corps (which is foreign missions) or do I enter directly through Maisha?  That part, I don't have figured out, yet.  As far as my weight goes, would people please give me a freakin' chance!!!!!  I am going to a Dietitian next Wednesday, but not a single post has been made on that.  Everybody is saying I am doomed and have absolutely no hope.  Where is the encouragement in that?  Give me a chance!!!!

Why should we mention your dietician?  History has shown us that you don't listen to your doctors.  A year ago, you were seeing the new Indian doctor who told you to lose weight, and back then, you vowed to lose weight.  Month after month, you keep telling us you're going to lose weight, yet it hasn't happened.  Why is this time going to be any different?  Sure, you think it's going to be, but the precedent says otherwise.

Precedent may say otherwise, but that means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the future.

I wish people would give me a chance before they say I'm hopeless and I will never change and attempt to discourage me from doing something radical.  My dreams don't have to be what everybody else is doing.  I can have radical dreams, and I can achieve them.
Success breeds success.  Failure breeds failure.  It's not just a trend, it's quantum mechanics. 

EDIT:  Also, Jeff, I'm a high school sophomore whose parents forced me to join the high school cross country team despite my complete lack of desire to do it.  But I sucked it up and ran from 6-12 miles(the 12 miles would be spread out over 2 practices) every day.  If I can do that, then you can walk a freaking quarter mile every day.  Come on!  Show a little discipline!  If you don't have the discipline to do extremely easy walking, how could you ever have the discipline to be a missionary at Kenya?   

I have walked the past two days.  I walked 1.29 miles Friday and 0.80 miles today.  I would have walked further today, but my ankle was killing me.  I've got a very busy day on Sunday, so I'll take a break tomorrow and let my ankle rest, and then start again Monday.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #726 on: May 18, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »

Bushie you probably only burned anywhere from 200-300 calories over a two day period so don't take your stroll as a license to eat more. Unless you work very hard with exercise, you will have to eat a lot less than you are accustomed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #727 on: May 18, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »

Bushie you probably only burned anywhere from 200-300 calories over a two day period so don't take your stroll as a license to eat more. Unless you work very hard with exercise, you will have to eat a lot less than you are accustomed.

According to the app, I've burned about 400 calories in the 2.09 miles I have walked since then.  I'm definitely not going to eat more than what I already do.  I'll probably only have one or one and a half helpings of the Enchilada Casserole tonight.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #728 on: May 18, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #729 on: May 18, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »

That was at a computer camp that I worked at in Atlanta in 2008.  I was the Co-Assistant Director of this particular camp.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #730 on: May 18, 2013, 04:53:32 PM »

bushie wont approve me as a friend on the fb Sad

Looks like he's made one good decision over the past few years. Unless he has a desire to hear about how awesome Sheldon Whitehouse and Jack Reed are or has a fondness for sandwich wraps.

i feel the need to spread the word about reed and whitehouse.  both are very underrated.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #731 on: May 18, 2013, 05:16:08 PM »

OK, I just have to dissect this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What does that mean?

No... just no.

With Bulk Richardson numbers in the 40-80 range, what's your thought process behind thinking there's going to be a lot of rotation here?  Sure, we'll get some supercells, but most of this system won't be supercells.

And then the earlier one:

Destabilization has nothing to do with the cap "break"ing.  A somewhat small cap is what can lead to very supercells, because it limits the number of cells that have access to the CAPE above the cap.  Destabilization doesn't have to affect the cap at all and has nothing to do with a storm breaking through the cap.  That has to do with moisture advection/updrafts.

Again, just no... an upper level storm?  What is an upper level storm?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #732 on: May 18, 2013, 05:18:59 PM »

watch the dry line, bushie.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #733 on: May 18, 2013, 05:20:04 PM »

Enchilada casserole cancels whatever you walked and will walk this week. And you'll have two helpings. And your ankle hurts because supporting 280+ is hard, you see.  
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #734 on: May 18, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »

What?!?!  No!  You can have a CAPE of 9,000, and that alone wouldn't give you a tornado.  More instability isn't the problem... the issue is shear.  So far, there's relatively weak shear associated with the storms and this system overall to be conducive of strong supercells.  As of the 2100Z RUC run, 0-6 km shear is only at 30 kts, and Oklahoma has Bulk Richardson numbers of less than 10.  Sure, half of Oklahoma has BRNs of 20-40, which is great for supercells, but the problem is that those are all east of the storms right now, and the storms in Oklahoma are moving north-northeast.  And you're going to have a hard time getting any storms to develop there with the numbers I'm looking at for Convective Inhibition.  Plus, dewpoints are way to high to the east, because there's not enough moisture over there.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #735 on: May 18, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #736 on: May 18, 2013, 05:35:05 PM »

That should be way too low, not way too high.  And I used the wrong "to".  Yikes... that was pretty bad.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #737 on: May 18, 2013, 05:36:43 PM »

You should stop eating so much Mexican food. Too much cheese and crap. Just FYI
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #738 on: May 18, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »

Inks, I have been studying weather for 25+ years since you were either just a baby or not even born, so I know what I'm talking about.  I am watching our NBC affiliate.  Mind you, Oklahoma City has the best meteorologists in the entire world, plus KFOR (NBC) now has Reed Timmer, who needs no introduction.  Mike Morgan on KFOR has been doing the weather for 30+ years and studied under Gary England of KWTV (CBS) who has been doing weather for nearly 40 years.  I am using the exact terms that both of them use day in and day out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #739 on: May 18, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »

That should be way too low, not way too high.  And I used the wrong "to".  Yikes... that was pretty bad.

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Will+Rogers+World+Airport+OK+OKC:9:US

Dewpoint is 70.  That's hardly too low.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #740 on: May 18, 2013, 05:52:13 PM »

Inks, I have been studying weather for 25+ years since you were either just a baby or not even born, so I know what I'm talking about.  I am watching our NBC affiliate.  Mind you, Oklahoma City has the best meteorologists in the entire world, plus KFOR (NBC) now has Reed Timmer, who needs no introduction.  Mike Morgan on KFOR has been doing the weather for 30+ years and studied under Gary England of KWTV (CBS) who has been doing weather for nearly 40 years.  I am using the exact terms that both of them use day in and day out.

Then you're either misinterpreting them, or your city's meteorologists are idiots.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #741 on: May 18, 2013, 05:54:47 PM »

Ahh, yes, because all storms start at the surface.  Surface observations are all that's important!

No, Jeff, you don't know what you're talking about.  I've never heard of an "upper level storm" that moves in and ignites the gasoline.  I don't know what the heck that means.  You should leave this stuff to people who actually understand it... especially because you're advising others of the weather.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: May 18, 2013, 05:56:48 PM »

Then you're either misinterpreting them, or your city's meteorologists are idiots.

Stop it! Just, stop it.

Don't you dare call Oklahoma City's meteorologists idiots.  That is not accurate and you know it.  Everybody in the nation should have heard of Gary England.  He doesn't study weather for nearly half a century in the most severe weather prone city in the nation by being an idiot.

I am not misinterpreting them, either.  You must think I am an absolute idiot on pretty much everything.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #743 on: May 18, 2013, 05:58:06 PM »

Stop it! Just, stop it.

Don't you dare call Oklahoma City's meteorologists idiots.  That is not accurate and you know it.  Everybody in the nation should have heard of Gary England.  He doesn't study weather for nearly half a century in the most severe weather prone city in the nation by being an idiot.

I am not misinterpreting them, either.  You must think I am an absolute idiot on pretty much everything.

Yes, I know that OKC's meteorologists are not idiots... that was my point.  That means you're misunderstanding them.  You're using terms I've never heard of before, and you're way off on your analysis and understanding of how severe convective storms work.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #744 on: May 18, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »

Ahh, yes, because all storms start at the surface.  Surface observations are all that's important!

No, Jeff, you don't know what you're talking about.  I've never heard of an "upper level storm" that moves in and ignites the gasoline.  I don't know what the heck that means.  You should leave this stuff to people who actually understand it... especially because you're advising others of the weather.

I know what I'm talking about.  Weather is one of my biggest passions.  Don't even attempt to question my knowledge.  I've been studying weather for 25 years.  I will continue to update my blog with the truth of what is going on.  If you don't like it, don't read it.  I'm not talking about Michigan, anyway.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #745 on: May 18, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »

I'm done with this conversation.  I don't have time to argue pointless rhetoric.  I've got severe weather to track.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #746 on: May 18, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »

Doesn't Inks actually hold a degree in meteorology? Regardless of whether or not he was "just a baby or not even born" when Bushie started "studying" weather, I would trust the guy who holds a degree in weather stuff over some guy sitting on some couch watching local affiliates weather reports whose degree is like e-commerce.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: May 18, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »

Doesn't Inks actually hold a degree in meteorology? Regardless of whether or not he was "just a baby or not even born" when Bushie started "studying" weather, I would trust the guy who holds a degree in weather stuff over some guy sitting on some couch watching local affiliates weather reports whose degree is like e-commerce.

I trust the guy who lives in Oklahoma for Southern Plains weather.  I trust the guy who lives in Michigan for Great Lakes weather.  I'm not questioning Ink's knowledge, but its not like I'm dumb or don't know anything.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #748 on: May 18, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »

I'm done with this conversation.  I don't have time to argue pointless rhetoric.  I've got severe weather to track.

And that's what you say when you know you're wrong.  You don't understand it, and it's dangerous to give advice on storms when you don't understand it.  I had this conversation here instead of on Facebook to save you the embarrassment in front of all your non-forum friends.  What you're doing right now is dangerous.  The major threat right now is the western part of the state, and in a couple hours, if the models hold, 0-6 km shear should increase, but I'd be very surprised if OKC gets a warning, unless some things really change over the next couple hours.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #749 on: May 18, 2013, 06:03:38 PM »

I like this weather argument. Keep it up!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies