Conservative plans march on Washington with loaded rifles
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:05:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Conservative plans march on Washington with loaded rifles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Conservative plans march on Washington with loaded rifles  (Read 7176 times)
DevotedDemocrat
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: 0.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:37:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/03/a_march_on_washington_with_loaded_rifles/

The Libertarians are just getting crazier and crazier.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 12:40:54 PM »

This will be a legal event, unless the government chooses to enforce the law.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 12:44:08 PM »

These great patriots are defending the constitution.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 12:48:53 PM »

I voted for Kokesh a congressional primary here as a protest vote.  He's a real character.

The problem is that some people who will potentially go to this event may be so paranoid that a sneeze may set off the "government is reacting" meter.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »

What could possibly go wrong?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »

This could very easily go very, very wrong.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »

This could very easily go very, very wrong.

That's the hope, I'm sure.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 01:10:55 PM »

Let's hope the police rough 'em up a bit.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »

Let's not, Mr. State-Is-Great. I hope they're blocked, but police brutality is not something we should consider conscionable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 01:23:36 PM »

Let's not, Mr. State-Is-Great. I hope they're blocked, but police brutality is not something we should consider conscionable.

Honestly, I'm willing to make an exception for these dickheads.
Link
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »

Have they opened up Darwin Award nominating yet for 2013?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43624650/ns/us_news-life/t/ny-motorcyclist-dies-ride-protesting-helmet-law/#.UY06rsok670

These are some of my most favorite protests.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »

Nah, police brutality against fascists is acceptable.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

Hopefully they get arrested and became felons which can't vote.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »

Nah, police brutality against fascists is acceptable.

Police brutality is never acceptable in a democracy and these guys are Libertarians not fascists.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56:19 PM »

Not me. We start allowing it for people we disagree with, then it becomes all the easier for the police to do such things to everyone else. Chase the nuts off and be done with it.
Link
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »

Not me. We start allowing it for people we disagree with, then it becomes all the easier for the police to do such things to everyone else. Chase the nuts off and be done with it.

No.  These guys need to be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  You do not solve your political problems with loaded guns.  They need to make an example of these people.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 01:59:43 PM »

No.  These guys need to be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  You do not solve your political problems with loaded guns.  They need to make an example of these people.

Not by caving their faces in with truncheons. I feel now is as good a time as any to remind everyone that we do not live in a country where the slippery slope is a fallacy - we live in one where it's the operating rule.
Link
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 02:11:24 PM »

Not by caving their faces in with truncheons. I feel now is as good a time as any to remind everyone that we do not live in a country where the slippery slope is a fallacy - we live in one where it's the operating rule.

I never advocated this approach dude.  Read my posts.  I just said simply "chasing" them is nowhere near enough.  They need to be handcuffed and run through the system... hard.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 02:13:19 PM »

I never advocated this approach dude.  Read my posts.  I just said simply "chasing" them is nowhere near enough.  They need to be handcuffed and run through the system... hard.

I was just making a point. Arrest them and put them through the system, sure - because bringing loaded guns anywhere near the White House is just asking for it - but take it no further.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »

I would hardly call Kokesh a fascist. He was dragged out of the 2008 Republican convention for protesting McCain and has been pretty hard on Rand for "selling out." He's very much a radical Libertarian, for good or ill.

That said, this strikes me as a bit unproductive and just asking for trouble.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 02:58:05 PM »

I like Kokesh (he can be too "puritan" sometimes) and I also love the 2nd Amendment. That being said, if he does this, he should be arrested for violating the existing laws, whether he (and I for that case) like them or not.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 04:12:56 PM »

I like Kokesh (he can be too "puritan" sometimes) and I also love the 2nd Amendment. That being said, if he does this, he should be arrested for violating the existing laws, whether he (and I for that case) like them or not.
This.

But no, there should be no police brutality. But they should be arrested if thing really does turn something disorderly, the police should be allowed to use any force necessary to bring the situation under control.
Benj

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 04:23:18 PM »

Arresting them all isn't police brutality.
Link
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 05:21:18 PM »

I was just making a point. Arrest them and put them through the system, sure - because bringing loaded guns anywhere near the White House is just asking for it - but take it no further.

It's a free country.  You are free to make your point.  Just don't quote me when you are saying something that is irrelevant to my post.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »

There's no way that something like this could end well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies