The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:39:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 85801 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2013, 12:22:39 AM »

What did you do today?  How was your day?  Any exciting things coming up in your life?

We get to peer into Bushie's life in incredible detail.  Why can't we talk about ourselves a little here?

My day was alright though I had a lot of anxiety for no good reason.  I had meant to get out and weed the flower beds, but I didn't.  Instead I looked up climate change crap so I could come here and not convince anybody on the issue! Smiley

So yeah.. your turn
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 12:26:03 AM »

Today, I went to the swearing in and after party (open bar) for a friend of mine's mom, who became president of the SC Bar. I learned that College of Charleston girls are incredibly hot (first hand) but incredibly stupid (as one girl tried to explain to me how awesome her communications degree was and what all she would do with it). I also got some phone numbers for potential jobs and shook a lot of hands. It was a nice afternoon.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 12:46:58 AM »

Working on my last freaking paper... starting to pack up my stuff since I need to leave the Residence Hall by Saturday... having mixed feelings about leaving SF (homesickness v. extreme sadness about leaving an awesome place filled with awesome people).
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 12:58:01 AM »

I worked from 830 in the morning tell 6 this evening, and that was about the extent of my day.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 01:24:54 AM »

I went to the gym, went to work, hit up the grocery, made dinner, and had a few hours of screen time. It's been long established that my life is too dull for an update. And that's exactly the way I like it. I'm very much a creature of habit. I don't like adapting to new situations.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 02:16:34 AM »

I'm at war with a bird right now. My rainwater gutter is clogged with leaves from the previous fall and now this bird is looking for worms to eat in there and throwing a ton of rotten leaves onto the street and cobblestones. Once I put it away, he starts again. I'm either going to kill him (not that easy) or eventually I have to climb up 15 meters with a ladder and clean the rainwater gutter ...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 02:22:18 AM »

My favorite roommate is moving to Tennessee in two weeks to move in with her girlfriend and I'm sad because dude I'm really gonna miss her.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 03:05:18 AM »

Last night myself and the husband took a jaunt out of town to visit IKEA. After there was much eating of meatballs, we went to the Bavarian bar at the nearby indoor ski slope for a drink. I opted for a cider and we watched people ski, snowboard and fall comically. We then headed home. A drunk/high/both man threatened to jump on the tracks at the Subway station so a burly Glaswegian woman came and ‘manhandled’ him away to much applause. When we got home it was late and I had gym. I woke at 6.30. Today was a ‘break’ day in my usual routine but involved 100 squats, 100 push ups and 100 pull ups followed by customary flys, tricep extensions and biceps curls. At the end of which I looked quite vascular which was kinda nice. I headed to work. It is now just after 9am. I have a two hour change management meeting this morning and it is unusually sunny.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 03:56:41 AM »

My cat's dying of renal failure. I've had him since I was four. My best friend is visiting. I only see her a few times a year. I'm in a very mixed emotional state.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 05:58:57 AM »

I strangled a hooker, then went to Golden Corral. I hope to join the Peace Corps tomorrow.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 06:25:54 AM »

My cat's dying of renal failure. I've had him since I was four. My best friend is visiting. I only see her a few times a year. I'm in a very mixed emotional state.

I am sorry to hear about your cat. My own cat that I had since I was 6 died some years back of the same thing. It was actually heartbrekaing because you can't explain to them what's wrong.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 06:29:06 AM »

Taking a couple of days off working. I need them.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 07:10:02 AM »

Well, to preview: I am going to have breakfast, then do some editing work and make an inquiry about visa application requirements for my trip to East Asia this summer, then go to the gym, then do some more editing work and write a recommendation letter, then go home and make dinner with the gf, and after that maybe practice on guitar and learn a few new songs.  It would be nice if I could perform all this without getting rained on while I'm outside today, which would be a nice change from the past week.  Exciting stuff, huh?  No wonder we read Bushie's threads.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 07:48:04 AM »

FF thread, Snowguy!

Well after work, I had 2 Grey Goose martinis, dirty, with olives, and a respectable portion of rare grilled steak along with a cucumber/tomato/scallions/egg salad.  Watched the Pirate game around 9:00 til it was over, then sleepy time.

This morning, like every morning, the dog wakes me up at 5 for her morning constitution, then I feed her, make coffee and drink 4 mugs (black) before my shower, then off to work by 7:45.  Now I'm at my desk typing this stupid sh**t so you can all see my exciting life.

No brief relaxations to report.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 07:58:37 AM »

Where the heck is the Bushie thread that everyone keeps talking about?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 08:27:22 AM »

Yesterday, I got up, ran 1.5 miles, ate nothing for breakfast (been dealing with this goddamn stomach bug) went to school, for lunch I had some chicken and broccoli quiche thing my mom made, it was different, but good. For diner I had some whole wheat spaghetti with some rather tough chicken my dad made, but I can't complain, the spaghetti was good. In the evening did some homework, played Call of Duty with my brother, and then watched the Bruins beat the Rangers, which was the best part of the day. Rather boring day, but I'll probably be getting my license next month, so it should get more exciting this summer. Smiley
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 08:28:27 AM »

Where the heck is the Bushie thread that everyone keeps talking about?

Its current incarnation is "Update Season VII: The OK Corral"
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »

I woke up early and went to work unable to tell anyone there that I was getting a promotion and would be their boss in two weeks. Didn't eat anything until dinner except coffee and cigarettes. Rearranged my garage because the landlord next door claims that there are cockroaches in our garage that have infested his unit (spoiler: there are no cockroaches in my garage). Got drunk and watched Boston Legal with my wife. Now I'm wasting time on here until the Benadryll kicks in.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »

Not yout inksing business.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »

Looking for a second job so I can keep up with bills, etc...

Best of luck!  Hope you find one that works with your schedule.

Let's see, work is in the quiet period (hence why I've been able to get on here), so we're just pitching old files and getting ready for the next wave to hit.  On the side, I'm bidding on 5 display cases that I can use in the new house and looking forward to this weekends' Warrior Dash.  Need to prep the vehicle for the journey.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »

Heading to North Bay tomorrow to see family. Oh, joy.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2013, 11:27:05 AM by HockeyDude »

Sitting here getting ready to take my last exam in about an hour.  It's a take home and I have all the notes/Powerpoints from the class so that;s alright.  Got my old job back for the summer: valeting cars over at the fancy restaurants near the mall.  Typically pull in about $20/hour, so the frustration becomes worth it.  Start tomorrow with a 12-hour day, naturally.  Made a really good cup of coffee this morning, never does it turn out that tasty.  

The Rangers lost last night, which of course is truly awful... but the girl I'm into is a Ranger fan, as well, and she made sure to text me after the loss.  Hearing from her took away the sting a little bit.  

Probably going to just chill in after the exam.  I starting watching a Youtube video of some guy completing Resident Evil 3 in less than an hour.  IMPRESSIVE!  I didn't think that could be done.  Definitely want to finish that.

EDIT: AND OF COURSE!  Moved back home for a few months before my best friend and I move into an apartment in Riverside.  So glad to be out of Camden.  Live there as an undergrad and moved back for my first year at law school.  Spent WAAAAAYYYY too much time there... change of scenery was absolutely necessary.  So glad to be back with my family for a little before I set out on my latest venture. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »

The Rangers lost last night, which of course is truly awful... but the girl I'm into is a Ranger fan, as well, and she made sure to text me after the loss.  Hearing from her took away the sting a little bit.  

Is that the same girl you were telling Uncle angus and I about?  Sorry about the Rangers. 
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 12:00:25 PM »

I finished an essay for a class yesterday, and the prof in that same class really loved my posting on the class Facebook about an Afrikaner music video that she called on me in class to discuss it (but didn't call on anybody else to discuss their postings) and then she went on about how it was excellent and so forth. But she also assumed I was actually South African, which was weird.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 02:28:52 PM »

Bizarrely enough I have a female house-guest.  Normally no one enters my house except for the maid(s) and that only rarely.  So, its an adjustment, but, she's leaving tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies