The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:01:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44]
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 85795 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: October 16, 2013, 07:39:39 AM »

Well due to the teacher's conference school is out until Monday.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1076 on: October 16, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »

Back in New York. Spending most of the rest of the break on Long Island.

Also, the train from Boston to NYC takes exactly 4 hours and 20 minutes. I giggled. Yeah I know I'm so mature Curly
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1077 on: October 16, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »

Back in New York. Spending most of the rest of the break on Long Island.

Also, the train from Boston to NYC takes exactly 4 hours and 20 minutes. I giggled. Yeah I know I'm so mature Curly

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1078 on: October 17, 2013, 02:11:24 PM »

I'm just finishing up midterms of my first semester in my econ PhD program. It's been intense; it's quite literally the hardest thing I've ever done. It's quite punishing too; there's nothing quite like getting 26% on an exam and knowing that I'm still in the top half of the class. I feel like I'm in over my head, but then again so does everyone else. Homework is constant and exceedingly long; everyday is a 10-12 hour day at least between class, homework, and my assistantship. It wears you down. The material so far is interesting, if a bit intricate for my long-term plans, so my motivation isn't always the highest. If I can make it past the core exams, things will get a lot better in the second year when I get to specialize and begin research.

On the other hand, I'm getting married in two and a half months. That's exciting, though it's also stressful. Thankfully I can share the load on that one. Tongue Most of the plans are already done. We've also been trying to find my fiancée a job near relatively my university, but there simply aren't that many openings in her field in such a lightly populated area. Considering she graduated top in her master's program, I didn't think it would take so long. Alas. At least she's had some interviews lately.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1079 on: October 17, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »

I'm just finishing up midterms of my first semester in my econ PhD program. It's been intense; it's quite literally the hardest thing I've ever done. It's quite punishing too; there's nothing quite like getting 26% on an exam and knowing that I'm still in the top half of the class. I feel like I'm in over my head, but then again so does everyone else. Homework is constant and exceedingly long; everyday is a 10-12 hour day at least between class, homework, and my assistantship. It wears you down. The material so far is interesting, if a bit intricate for my long-term plans, so my motivation isn't always the highest. If I can make it past the core exams, things will get a lot better in the second year when I get to specialize and begin research.

On the other hand, I'm getting married in two and a half months. That's exciting, though it's also stressful. Thankfully I can share the load on that one. Tongue Most of the plans are already done. We've also been trying to find my fiancée a job near relatively my university, but there simply aren't that many openings in her field in such a lightly populated area. Considering she graduated top in her master's program, I didn't think it would take so long. Alas. At least she's had some interviews lately.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1080 on: October 17, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »

Congrats on your upcoming wedding Smiley

Yes congratulations Smiley The first year is the most unusual because it takes a while to get used to the whole idea but once you're through that as long as there's communication you should be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies