The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:04:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 85790 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »

Speaking of jobs, I need these attorneys to call me back. Especially my uncle's Greek mob lawyer friend. I wanted to start by mid June.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2013, 01:23:22 PM »

Speaking of jobs, I need these attorneys to call me back. Especially my uncle's Greek mob lawyer friend. I wanted to start by mid June.

No Greek mob connections in Chicago, Dukey?  I'm surprised.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2013, 01:26:09 PM »

Went to the gas station where I am a regular customer to get an Arizona Peach Tea. The owner sent me walking three miles down the road to the Miami Subs that he owns, where after a brief interview, I got a job. ChairmanSanchez is now WorkingSanchez. It is not as interesting as the funeral home (which may still call me, who knows) but it is a job none the less.

Awesome stuff man. Might be better than my current dishwashing gig, especially given the lack of hours I work.

As for me? I just graduated yesterday and I'm officially done with high school. Got a summer of lounging and working about five hours a week (Tongue) and then college. Went to the senior all night party yesterday and our band played there. Last gig with the drummer who'll be shipping off to California soon. Went to bed at 5 AM, woke up at 8.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2013, 01:48:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's understood my uncle is in the mob and this "friend" is a mob lawyer. But I haven't heard back from him yet. My uncle just told me "they needed help this summer" and "email him your résumé and tell him who you are and that I'm your uncle." Then he hung up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's understood my uncle is in the mob and this "friend" is a mob lawyer. But I haven't heard back from him yet. My uncle just told me "they needed help this summer" and "email him your résumé and tell him who you are and that I'm your uncle." Then he hung up.

Patience, Dukey.  Uncle Takis will pull through.  Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »

First day on the job. Learned how to operate the cash register, but I still need to memorize the many different menu options. Walk home was only about 50 minutes, so I should leave home each morning at 10:00 AM, get there at 11:00 AM, and work until 3:00 PM for now, until they decide I am trained enough for a full day on the job. The staff is nice, and they are never swamped with people.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »

First day on the job. Learned how to operate the cash register, but I still need to memorize the many different menu options. Walk home was only about 50 minutes, so I should leave home each morning at 10:00 AM, get there at 11:00 AM, and work until 3:00 PM for now, until they decide I am trained enough for a full day on the job. The staff is nice, and they are never swamped with people.
Congrats on the job! That's one heck of a walk though. Can't imagine being presentable enough to work with food after walking for an hour in Florida in June. No other transit options?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »

I'll be in Montreal from the 7th through the 10th, hence the avatar change. This is my first trip outside the United States and Montreal is supposedly one of the greatest cities in North America, so I'm excited. Smiley
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2013, 10:30:58 AM »

I'll be in Montreal from the 7th through the 10th, hence the avatar change. This is my first trip outside the United States and Montreal is supposedly one of the greatest cities in North America, so I'm excited. Smiley

Where's your probably not so much almost not really girlfriend?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2013, 05:18:25 AM »

I had my iPod touch stolen a few days ago.

It was during gym and I don't have a lock on my locker as THAT was stolen off of my locker as well. So I would keep my phone and iPod in my backpack underneath some papers. The person unzipped my backpack, rifled through my belongings, took out my headphones and then took my iPod. They left my phone though. It was devastating.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2013, 11:49:09 AM »

I just told a girl who graduated from my high school (also lost a parent) last year that I had a crush on her and still do.  She said she isn't in a position to be with anyone right now, but I'm glad I told her.  I also told her I plan on chatting with her more often and that we should meet up one day to reconnect.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »

I just told a girl who graduated from my high school (also lost a parent) last year that I had a crush on her and still do.  She said she isn't in a position to be with anyone right now, but I'm glad I told her.  I also told her I plan on chatting with her more often and that we should meet up one day to reconnect.

Very brave.  Hope it works.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »

Making $40/hour again for a week or ten days, total maybe $2,100 or so... in addition to regular job.  Kind of neglecting my regular duties for a week though, hope I don't get any guff.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2013, 12:57:12 PM »

Kind of neglecting my regular duties for a week though, hope I don't get any guff.

That's different, ole friend?  Wink
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »

Headed back to Philly for a long weekend with the GF.  The occasion being her 5-year college reunion (we both went to the same school, but we're different years).  The school is out in the burbs, but we're spending more time downtown than on campus anyway, seeing friends and finding food and playing boardgames.

We've been having lovely weather for a reunion, by the way.  Where "lovely" is of course anything but.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »

Bravo, Scotty!  Never be afraid to tell a girl how you feel.  If it's reciprocal, telling her can only be beneficial.  If it's not, you can cross her off your list right away (and the dramalessness of it means you can remain friends if you so choose) and pursue more fruitful ventures. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2013, 03:19:15 PM »

My uncle's mob lawyer finally got back to me. He said I should expect to hear from them next week. Dukey needs a summer job. I can't stay drunk all summer without any income!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »

My uncle's mob lawyer finally got back to me. He said I should expect to hear from them next week. Dukey needs a summer job. I can't stay drunk all summer without any income!

And your drunk postings here and on FB are second to NONE, Dukey, so we need you all liquored up this summer.  Smiley
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #193 on: June 07, 2013, 04:52:03 PM »

I'm gonna have three hot dogs for dinner.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2013, 05:05:06 PM »

I'm gonna have three hot dogs for dinner.

Are you going to put anything on those diggity dogs?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2013, 08:07:55 AM »

I just baked a whole [inks]ton of muffins.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »

Went to college orientation at University of Detroit, Mercy on the 6th and 7th. Looks like I'll be spending my entire first semester in Briggs (the Liberal Arts building). Probably should've diversified. Or maybe switched majors. Tons of chicks in nursing (like three fourths).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »

Don't do liberal arts. They're all useless degrees.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »

Isn't liberal arts what one does before law school?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »

Isn't liberal arts what one does before law school?

Nah, the best course is to do some hard science, study patent law, and make the big $$$. Wish someone had told me that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies