The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 10:19:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86736 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: September 04, 2013, 10:36:10 PM »

I'm addicted to soda and sugar and sweet sugary drinks. I'm seriously drinking a gallon of Kool aid right now, it's about half gone. Oh it tastes so good but is so bad for me. I love you soda.

Kool aid isn't soda
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #876 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40:08 PM »

I'm addicted to soda and sugar and sweet sugary drinks. I'm seriously drinking a gallon of Kool aid right now, it's about half gone. Oh it tastes so good but is so bad for me. I love you soda.

As one of the several Thirsty-Americans, that sounds amazing. I hope it's nice 'n' cold.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #877 on: September 05, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »

So I'm almost definitely gonna drop my earliest class (which starts at 8:30 in the morning ughh :x) for one that starts an hourish later. That also means switching from German to French as my language requirement, which sounds better anyway. I think I'm getting pretty good at this laziness thing. Plus the professor for the second class is hotter than the prof for the first. Not that the German prof isn't attractive, she's pretty good looking, but the French prof much better. He's almost certainly gay tho (how stereotypical :b).

That's possibly the one thing I miss about being a guy; gay dudes are def hotter than straight dudes on average.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #878 on: September 05, 2013, 12:00:21 PM »

All the College Dems are graduating this year. Basically I have to get new blood in there somehow.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #879 on: September 05, 2013, 04:25:56 PM »

Already raged about this on Facebook, but someone who I thought was one of my "best friends" unfriended me and every other guy from her FB page because her boyfriend told her to.

Nothing in my life is normal anymore.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #880 on: September 05, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »

Already raged about this on Facebook, but someone who I thought was one of my "best friends" unfriended me and every other guy from her FB page because her boyfriend told her to.

I've seen some of the worst of people in the past few weeks, and it's brought the worst out of me too. Thankfully, I have some of the best friends I could ask for, but people are crazy, I tell you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #881 on: September 05, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »

I personally feel that if I am in a relationship that is serious, I should have no close female friends and my partner should have no close male friends, unless they were "best friends" for a long time before the relationship, which I presume was what happened to you. While I see the general point, her unfriending of you and literally every guy on Facebook is just irrational.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #882 on: September 05, 2013, 05:22:06 PM »

I personally feel that if I am in a relationship that is serious, I should have no close female friends and my partner should have no close male friends, unless they were "best friends" for a long time before the relationship, which I presume was what happened to you. While I see the general point, her unfriending of you and literally every guy on Facebook is just irrational.

This makes me glad that you being in a relationship will remain purely hypothetical for a long, long time.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #883 on: September 05, 2013, 05:43:32 PM »

I've seen some of the worst of people in the past few weeks, and it's brought the worst out of me too. Thankfully, I have some of the best friends I could ask for, but people are crazy, I tell you.

"People are strange, when you're a stranger, faces look ugly, when you're alone. Women seem wicked, when you're unwanted, streets are uneven when you're down."
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #884 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2013, 05:49:03 PM by Scott »

Yeah, this girl in particular was someone I had known for over three years.  I feel kind of hurt knowing that I wasn't good enough for her to tell her over-jealous boyfriend off, but I'm not going to lose sleep over something I'm not at fault for.  She's a lot younger than me, though, so hopefully she'll realize someday what a terrible mistake she's made.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #885 on: September 05, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »

My new government (Fisheries and Oceans Canada) badge looks like I work for a zoo (it has a dolphin and fish on it).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #886 on: September 05, 2013, 06:58:32 PM »

This makes me glad that you being in a relationship will remain purely hypothetical for a long, long time.
I would think a transvestite would be more tolerant of other people’s religious opinions in the same way they would want people to tolerate their lifestyle, which I do. My religion teaches about the concept of original sin, which you and I both have. Temptation is easy to come by, and I have at one point or another thought about more than just friendship with my female friends. That was a rather bigoted attack you leveled on me there, but whatevs Dawg (TM Cathcon).

Yeah, this girl in particular was someone I had known for over three years.  I feel kind of hurt knowing that I wasn't good enough for her to tell her over-jealous boyfriend off, but I'm not going to lose sleep over something I'm not at fault for.  She's a lot younger than me, though, so hopefully she'll realize someday what a terrible mistake she's made.
Sad situation. I obviously don't know this girl or her boyfriend, but I am assuming that they are not in a very serious relationship that is fairly new. If that is the case, then the girl will hopefully realize that her new boyfriend is frighteningly controlling and insecure, and it could be only a matter of time before it all comes apart. Of course, all of that is just based on the way I pictured it playing out in my head, and is purely just a assumption on my part. Anyway, I hope that things will resolve themselves for you and your friend, Scott.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #887 on: September 06, 2013, 12:06:09 AM »

I would think a transvestite would be more tolerant of other people’s religious opinions in the same way they would want people to tolerate their lifestyle, which I do. My religion teaches about the concept of original sin, which you and I both have. Temptation is easy to come by, and I have at one point or another thought about more than just friendship with my female friends. That was a rather bigoted attack you leveled on me there, but whatevs Dawg (TM Cathcon).

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #888 on: September 06, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »

I had a world class Bahn Mi yesterday at a small Vietnamese joint across the street from where I am staying in Portland.  Awesome.  $3.95. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #889 on: September 06, 2013, 12:03:05 PM »

I had a world class Bahn Mi yesterday at a small Vietnamese joint across the street from where I am staying in Portland.  Awesome.  $3.95. 

Very cool, Grampus.

Can someone tote up my calories for the day?

I had:
1 small Thai Coke (10 oz)
two fried eggs, a small sausage, and toast with butter and marmalade
one coffee with one sugar packet

two glasses white wine
small Caesar salad
Turbot filet with steamed veg and a few fried potatoes with onion
small piece of Brie or similar cheese.
espresso with one sugar

two small pieces of KFC (a wing and a thigh)
7-Up.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #890 on: September 06, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »

Coke = 120 calories
Fried egg = 90 calories x 2
Breakfast sausage = 55 calories
Toaster w/ butter and jam = 170 calories
Coffee with sugar = 20 calories

Glass of white wine = 80 calories x 2
Small caesar salad = 380 calories
3 oz Turbot fillet = 100 calories
Veg + potato = 200 calories?
Small piece of brie = 60 calories
Coffee with sugar = 20 calories

KFC wing = 115 calories
KFC thigh = 250 calories
7Up = 125 calories

Total: 1935

Obviously Bushie should go on the opebo diet.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #891 on: September 06, 2013, 04:46:38 PM »

Thanks Lief.  I had a feeling it was about a 'maintenance level' intake of calories.  In fact that's a bit heavier eating than I normally do, as I'm on holiday.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #892 on: September 06, 2013, 10:27:13 PM »

I am in a good mood right now.  My school's football team just won our first game 42-0.  I think we will go to state for a second year in a row. 
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #893 on: September 07, 2013, 01:10:23 AM »

i'm dancing in my underwear to the future senator from kentucky's music and it's magical
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #894 on: September 07, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »

i'm dancing in my underwear to the future senator from kentucky's music and it's magical

I'm largely in favor of drug legalization, but every so often I'm reminded that it would have its problems.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #895 on: September 07, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »

I'm finding it a lot harder to tell girls' sexualities here. In virginia, a girl with a septum piercing, tattoos and/or purple hair is pretty likely at least a little queer. Not so much at a liberal arts college in NY.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #896 on: September 07, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »

I had enchiladas with Mexican rice for lunch with a tall glass of OJ.  Fantastic. 

Watching that stupid movie, Deep Impact, on HBO.  Such shlock. 

Gonna grab a shower and get my workout in for the day.  I have my running shoes back so I won't have to do my 1.5 mile run in DC skate shoes again, which killed my shins.  Gonna work chest and arms today and do some situps tonight. 

Anyone want to give me a suggestion of what to cook for dinner? 

Tomorrow is my 26th birthday and will be getting SUSHI FOR DINNER : D

EDIT: On a sad note, both of my major football teams, the Philadelphia Eagles and the San Diego Chargers will be playing on MONDAY night.  Alas, no games I really care about on tomorrow.  At least there's Breaking bad at 9. 
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #897 on: September 07, 2013, 06:12:17 PM »

I got surveyed by PPP today.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #898 on: September 07, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »

What are some of the things they asked you?
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #899 on: September 07, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »

Decided to go to homecoming considering its my senior year, still nervous about asking someone out...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies