The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:51:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86778 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: July 01, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »

I have enough attention from crazy girls with daddy issues. I am just walking a fine like because I'd hate to lose my job over something like this. Today has been a bit better, but the week is young...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #451 on: July 01, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »

I have enough attention from crazy girls with daddy issues. I am just walking a fine like because I'd hate to lose my job over something like this. Today has been a bit better, but the week is young...

The Greek gay boy option needs to still exist, though you can save it til it's time to save your job.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #452 on: July 01, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »

The Greek gay boy option needs to still exist, though you can save it til it's time to save your job.

I just wish the solution to the other girl is that easy, but she knows I'm not a fab gay greek boy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #453 on: July 01, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »

My motorbike restoration proceeds apace - just checked on it today at the shop.  I think its going to end up with re-doing a lot more than I originally thought - maybe $160 in fixing up, the bike cost only about $225 to buy. But, I think it will be quite nice - perhaps suitable for cruising to towns 1-2 hours away (though I'm a bit worried about what that might do to the family jewels.)

As I spend on this, and as more money rolls in from my 'extra gigs', I'm thinking of doing a similar restoration of my old Toyota car.. that would probably run into quite a lot more money.  Thais think I'm crazy for not just buying a new car, but so far as I know foreigners can't finance here, and anyway who wants a $300 monthly payment.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #454 on: July 01, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »

This girl I was hooking up with during school before we had a massive fight called me last night after a month of ignoring her to tell me she missed me and to ask if I'd spend the 4th with her. I love when girls stroke my ego. Wink
Was she your Asian mistress?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #455 on: July 01, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »

Nice to be back in home today.  Still, I'm already itching to get back to my job in DC.  The Fourth offers plenty of opportunities for socializing and drinking, though.  This will be my first chance to see my high school friends in about five weeks, and it may be one of the last before they start moving off to college.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #456 on: July 01, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »

This girl I was hooking up with during school before we had a massive fight called me last night after a month of ignoring her to tell me she missed me and to ask if I'd spend the 4th with her. I love when girls stroke my ego. Wink
Was she your Asian mistress?

You remembered a blast from the past!

But no, this girl isn't exotic like that Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #457 on: July 01, 2013, 10:50:59 PM »

OH. MY. GOD. Best. day. ever. Awesome time on the Hill with 2 Canada Day concerts. Not only was Carly Rae Jepsen THE BEST, I also managed - no lie - to shake hands with Steve Harper and Carly Rae! That was so awesome, I was in a crowd and extended my hand towards Harper and he shook it! And then Carly Rae Jepsen ran by and I high-fived her. Awesome day.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #458 on: July 01, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »

OH. MY. GOD. Best. day. ever. Awesome time on the Hill with 2 Canada Day concerts. Not only was Carly Rae Jepsen THE BEST, I also managed - no lie - to shake hands with Steve Harper and Carly Rae! That was so awesome, I was in a crowd and extended my hand towards Harper and he shook it! And then Carly Rae Jepsen ran by and I high-fived her. Awesome day.

The crowd looked it was dead on TV, through. Never saw a crown being so silent and static.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #459 on: July 01, 2013, 11:35:34 PM »

Hate that.

OH. MY. GOD. Best. day. ever. Awesome time on the Hill with 2 Canada Day concerts. Not only was Carly Rae Jepsen THE BEST, I also managed - no lie - to shake hands with Stephen Harper and Carly Rae! That was so awesome, I was in a crowd and extended my hand towards Harper and he shook it! And then Carly Rae Jepsen ran by and I high-fived her. Awesome day.

Didn't think you were a fan of his? Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #460 on: July 02, 2013, 12:36:40 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2013, 12:39:15 AM by PASOK Leader Hashemite »

Meh, the crowd was pretty loud, though it probably didn't live up to the hype because a vast majority (incl. me) only cared for CRJ and not for the horrible Canadian nobodies who won't make it in the US. Still a pretty great ambiance, on the whole - though some parts (when Dear Leader was telling us TEH FREEDOM IN ZE UNFREE WORLD!!!! or the GG boring us to tears) were dead. Nobody really ever cares for organizers' horrible attempts to get people to yell like nutcases.

Didn't think you were a fan of his? Tongue

Yes, I never thought I'd fangirl for Harper - I, of all persons, was yelling "Mr. Harper!" to get his attention. Just shaking hands with a head of government is pretty cool, even if he's politically horrible. Though getting to brush hands with CRJ was cooler.

My friend caught it in a pretty good picture:
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #461 on: July 02, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »

LOL I spectacularly misread this  - I thought 'Steve' Harper was a musician, and I edited it to Stephen to take the piss. Where's your resolve, man?! Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #462 on: July 02, 2013, 08:03:10 AM »

Wait, you met Stephen Harper and managed to resist to the urge of punching him in the face? How did you do that? Shocked
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #463 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:13 AM »

I am not pleased with the program my public radio station has chosen to replace the now discontinued Talk of the Nation.  Not that the Diane Rehm Show is a bad show, but it is grating to hear the host and guests refer to what is being talked about "this morning" on a show that is being aired in the afternoon.  (2pm to 4pm).
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #464 on: July 02, 2013, 10:21:02 AM »

Wait, you met Stephen Harper and managed to resist to the urge of punching him in the face? How did you do that? Shocked

Look at the three guys in the shades... I probably would be in some jail or labour camp in Nunavut if I had punched him in the face. Besides, I'm not the type of person who would go up to barricades only to make a scene a la "casse-toi alors pov' con" dude.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #465 on: July 02, 2013, 10:34:59 AM »

Look at the three guys in the shades... I probably would be in some jail or labour camp in Nunavut if I had punched him in the face. Besides, I'm not the type of person who would go up to barricades only to make a scene a la "casse-toi alors pov' con" dude.

Not saying you should have, of course! I just imagined that it would be hard to control yourself in a situation like this. Grin
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: July 02, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »

Quit being a baby, Hashemite. It is well known that you can assault a Prime Minister without risk of being punched out.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #467 on: July 02, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »

I turned 18 today!

Will not say which aspects of that I took advantage of. Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #468 on: July 02, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »

Not saying you should have, of course! I just imagined that it would be hard to control yourself in a situation like this. Grin

It's really not in my personality to be a heckler or one of those annoying nutcases who yell angrily at politicians in public. I do that online or with close acquaintances Cheesy How would you have reacted if you were in barricades and Sarkozy/Berlusconi was shaking hands? Tongue

On another note from yesterday, my friend's sister had a really unfortunate picture of Carly Rae Jepsen...

No, she's not a Nazi.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #469 on: July 03, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »

Today I got an email saying one of the pre-closers has "left us abruptly." RIP Sad

Another mob casualty.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2013, 01:46:49 PM »

Dukey, I'd stay away from any sites they're building which need concrete poured on them.  IF you know what I mean.  RIP to your associate.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:23 PM »

A few pictures from my trip through mainland China for those who might enjoy them.  The first two are from a rather new temple complex built atop some old sites in Shanxi province called Mian Mountain (Mianshan).  The last one is of an old-fashioned hu tong neighborhood in Beijing.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2013, 10:21:50 PM »

My brother and his friends got into trouble for dine and dashing at the I-HOP. Idiots.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #473 on: July 04, 2013, 12:19:21 AM »

A few pictures from my trip through mainland China for those who might enjoy them.  The first two are from a rather new temple complex built atop some old sites in Shanxi province called Mian Mountain (Mianshan).  The last one is of an old-fashioned hu tong neighborhood in Beijing.

Wow, those are great!
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #474 on: July 04, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »

Glad you like the photos, guys.  The first two and others like them required some hiking and climbing that were, for me, slightly on the scary side, but the pictures seem to have been worth it.  The last one of the hu tong or "town" is really just made out of formerly small family residence courtyards joined together into narrow alleys where people of various social classes resided in different directions in the alley.  They came to include shops of various kinds too, of course.  They've been around for more than five hundred years.  But during the modernization period in recent Chinese history, lots of hu tong neighborhoods have disappeared, but some are protected as historical landmarks, like the one in the picture, close to the Ho Hai area.  They're really neat little places, although in some parts a bit too touristy, so I like to find more residential ones.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies