The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 07:52:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86730 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: July 05, 2013, 01:17:24 AM »

My family had our one and only party for the year on July 4th, as per tradition. Usually my brothers friends families (including the milfy moms) come, but since my brother and his friends were busted for dining and dashing at the I-HOP yesterday, only a few people showed up. Some of my grandma's friends showed up, and they are all super involved in the South Florida Tea Party. My dad's hilarious business associates also showed up with their wives, and we had a good time. We have an overabundance of booze, which my brother and I are taking care while my parents and younger brother (who gets to come home from the group home for the holiday) sleep Tongue. Long story short, I am hammered right now. I love Yuenglings because they are beers without the bad beer taste.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #476 on: July 05, 2013, 01:28:02 AM »

So this is what's going on in my hood right now: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/fire-rescue/kyle-canyon-under-mandatory-evacuation

This was the view from my driveway this afternoon:

We evacuated about 5pm, and are staying with friends for now.  Local news says we could expect to be forced out for 7-10 days.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #477 on: July 05, 2013, 01:37:12 AM »

So this is what's going on in my hood right now: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/fire-rescue/kyle-canyon-under-mandatory-evacuation

We evacuated about 5pm, and are staying with friends for now.  Local news says we could expect to be forced out for 7-10 days.
Good Lord! I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts, and I hope nothing bad comes out of this fire.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #478 on: July 05, 2013, 01:44:40 AM »

Damn, hope everything is okay Joe Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #479 on: July 05, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »

I took that girl I was seeing to the beach with me yesterday for the 4th, which was nice and all until I ended up leaving my ID and debit card with her. She ended up going to a festival that I was too late to buy tickets to and I wasn't able to go out...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #480 on: July 05, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »

Whoa. Real sorry to see that. Also, seems that aside from the forest fire, you live in a pretty nice place. Looks like it could be the cover of a movie honestly. Hope that your area can be spared. Beautiful place.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: July 05, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »

I took that girl I was seeing to the beach with me yesterday for the 4th, which was nice and all until I ended up leaving my ID and debit card with her. She ended up going to a festival that I was too late to buy tickets to and I wasn't able to go out...
That sucks. Did you get your ID and Debit card back?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #482 on: July 05, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »

No. She wanted to go out tonight but I really feel rough from yesterday. But she's leaving town again tomorrow so I have to see her before she goes...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #483 on: July 05, 2013, 07:43:57 PM »

Reminds me of the time that a number of friends lost their wallets and keys at a homecoming after party.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #484 on: July 05, 2013, 07:45:59 PM »

I didn't lose it. I gave it to her to keep in her bag when we went to the beach. She gave me my phone back but not my ID and debit card. Now I can't get her to answer her phone or texts. And she's leaving tomorrow morning. This isn't good.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #485 on: July 05, 2013, 07:48:57 PM »

Whoa. Real sorry to see that. Also, seems that aside from the forest fire, you live in a pretty nice place. Looks like it could be the cover of a movie honestly. Hope that your area can be spared. Beautiful place.

Indeed, that's a very nice view aside from all the destruction.  I'll keep you and everyone else near there in my thoughts.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #486 on: July 05, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »

Keep safe, Joe.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #487 on: July 06, 2013, 09:59:52 AM »

Got my stuff back last night. She was applying to clerkships and was having a mini freak out, so I had to....calm....her down. But I got all I needed back and said goodbye. I have no idea when I'll see her again before school starts.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #488 on: July 06, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »

I think I'm going to go to the movies today.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #489 on: July 06, 2013, 01:11:52 PM »

Tax returns are finally in. The crisis my parents created is over.

Watch out, Pennsylvania. I'm coming in hot.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #490 on: July 08, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »

I found another bike ride in Detroit that rides every Monday which is cool because Critical mass is awesome but it's only once a month. This ride is called the Slow Roll and it is a 12-15 mile ride round Detroit with a different route every week. It starts at a bar/restaurant with a different one every week and they food and drink specials there. They only ride at around 10mph so it is a nice ride not a race. So I will be checking it out tonight, should be a good time, hopefully we don't get rain. There is suppose to be at least 200-250 people there so it will be a little smaller than Critical mass ride which is around 300+
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #491 on: July 08, 2013, 03:20:14 PM »

I think my boss may be backing off. She asked me what I did for the 4th and who I was with when I went to the beach, and I told her a girl I was sort of seeing from school. Since then, she hasn't been around me nearly as much as she was before. Maybe that's all I needed to do to cool her pursuit.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #492 on: July 08, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »

I think my boss may be backing off. She asked me what I did for the 4th and who I was with when I went to the beach, and I told her a girl I was sort of seeing from school. Since then, she hasn't been around me nearly as much as she was before. Maybe that's all I needed to do to cool her pursuit.

"Hell hath no fury......."  RIP Dukey.  If your fb status says you left the firm "unexpectedly" we'll know what happened. Cry
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #493 on: July 08, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »

"Hell hath no fury......."  RIP Dukey.  If your fb status says you left the firm "unexpectedly" we'll know what happened. Cry

Do you think she was my protector? Maybe I should have kept her as an ally for a little longer....
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #494 on: July 08, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »

Do you think she was my protector? Maybe I should have kept her as an ally for a little longer....

She was too clingy......but I'm not sure letting her know you got sand on your wee wee banging some hot 20 something putana on the beach was so smart.  Nice knowing you, my Greek friend.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #495 on: July 08, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »

She was too clingy......but I'm not sure letting her know you got sand on your wee wee banging some hot 20 something putana on the beach was so smart.  Nice knowing you, my Greek friend.

Don't give up on me yet!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #496 on: July 08, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »

I'll be leaving for Chicago on Thursday until the 21st. Woo.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #497 on: July 08, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2013, 04:52:19 PM by patrick1 »

Passed one year sober this weekend.
In 18 months Ive now lost about 155lbs.
I've had some success in career and personal life of late too.
In short- I'm glad I finally got my act together.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #498 on: July 08, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »

Passed one year sober this weekend.
In 18 months Ive now lost about 155lbs.
I've had some success in career and personal life of late too.
In short- I'm glad I finally got my act together.

Congrats Cheesy
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #499 on: July 08, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »

In my monthly meeting with the manager she basically told me that in about 7 months I pretty much have a promotion to the third and top level if I want it. Only problem with that is it's a year commitment to still being on the phones. She knows that so it all depends on if an HR job is available at that time or not.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies