The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:59:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86840 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:37 PM »

Thanks Xahar

Oh God he's scamming his family!

Perhaps the greatest update quote of all time: "My parents are warming to this idea, as well, and my Dad said sometimes you just have to step out on faith and let the Lord take care of you."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #576 on: July 18, 2013, 11:16:29 PM »

Well my latest experiment in employment has ended due to not being the right age to do this line of work. This type of employment discrimination I'd expect in the Jim Crow South, not here in modern day Michigan, but nevertheless, ageism is the new racism. I worked Mobday, couldn't go in Tuesday, the place was shut down yesterday & today, and I just got the bad news. A shame, too, since I was enjoying being part of Anerican industry. Sad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #577 on: July 18, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »

No Duke, this is the best ever Bushie's dad quote:

"It's a whole different line of work than you're used to, and it may not be the most pleasant or what I would have picked, but hang on to this one with all you've got.  Don't let the Oklahoma wind knock it out of your hand.  Believe in yourself and you can do it.  It may be vacuum cleaners, but hang onto it anyway, your Mom needs to retire."
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #578 on: July 19, 2013, 12:14:37 AM »

Just touched down here in Pennsylvania. Mom and Dad are off to parent orientation, and I want to visit my family. Plus I get to meet my grandma's boyfriend.

Avatar's changed because let's face it: Phil and Grumps are much better company to be in than koenkai and Darryl W. Perry.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #579 on: July 19, 2013, 03:01:39 AM »

Underrated latter-day great Update quote:

With days like today, I highly doubt I'll be at a different company by the end of June.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #580 on: July 19, 2013, 03:09:44 AM »

I'm staying at a super luxury resort on the Andaman Sea, doing 'teacher training' sessions for a few days, making about $200/day, with a free fancy hotel room, free meals, etc.  Co-teaching with a team that includes a couple of young (21, 22 ish) American girls.  I forgot how annoying this kind of person can be! 

Practically unbearable - fresh faced, positive, smirking, mewling, self-gratified bores.  I think its more my anti-americanism kicking in than my anti-youth reaction.  I can't even think of the last time I liked an American!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #581 on: July 19, 2013, 08:31:31 AM »

No Duke, this is the best ever Bushie's dad quote:

"It's a whole different line of work than you're used to, and it may not be the most pleasant or what I would have picked, but hang on to this one with all you've got.  Don't let the Oklahoma wind knock it out of your hand.  Believe in yourself and you can do it.  It may be vacuum cleaners, but hang onto it anyway, your Mom needs to retire."

The Walter White comparison is really accurate after spending my entire night reading through the past few seasons. Bushie began this whole saga by quitting his ONG job because he desperately wanted to be able to support his fiancee and felt he couldn't because of his meager ONG salary. That is admirable, and while he did something stupid, it was hard to hate him for it.

Contrast to today, where nothing Bushie does is remotely likable, well, this tale would make for a fascinating show once Breaking Bad wraps up in August.

Also, looking back, I have been right nearly 100% of the time, yet Bushie continues to doubt me. Silly man... Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #582 on: July 19, 2013, 09:35:42 AM »

Oh my god, bushie's Update is now taking over this Update for Everybody else..  Our only updates are apparently about how we our progressing with viewing/observing/commenting upon The Great Man's Update.   He's absorbing us all!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #583 on: July 19, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »

That update is really a cancer coursing through this forum. Just my opinion. I am not agitating to excise the cancer. But Bushie should be profoundly ashamed of himself. That is just my opinion too.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #584 on: July 19, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »

I'm a little puzzled why so many people read it so avidly.  I looked at a page or two way back when, but I didn't find it all that interesting, and have not been tempted to look at it since.  I read Bushie's comments on other political threads and they're fine and I've always found interacting with him there to be pleasant, but why his update threads capture so much attention from so many Forumites, I don't understand.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #585 on: July 19, 2013, 09:25:01 PM »

Well my employment status is again apparently changed. I got a text from my friend/former classmate/coworker saying that I'm back in and that we'll be getting paid $15 an hour once they fix the warehouse's compressor.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #586 on: July 19, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »

I don't know if I should call this girl tonight or not. I am really tired and don't feel like going to see her tonight, but I need to plan my day tomorrow. She never said she was for sure coming this weekend, only that I could do whatever I wanted to do with/to her Saturday.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #587 on: July 20, 2013, 01:55:01 AM »

Well my latest experiment in employment has ended due to not being the right age to do this line of work. This type of employment discrimination I'd expect in the Jim Crow South, not here in modern day Michigan, but nevertheless, ageism is the new racism. I worked Mobday, couldn't go in Tuesday, the place was shut down yesterday & today, and I just got the bad news. A shame, too, since I was enjoying being part of Anerican industry. Sad

File a grievance at your local.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #588 on: July 20, 2013, 06:50:37 AM »

File a grievance at your local.

Read my most recent job-related post in here. And I'm not a likely ally of the unions at this point.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #589 on: July 20, 2013, 11:52:54 AM »

That update is really a cancer coursing through this forum. Just my opinion. I am not agitating to excise the cancer. But Bushie should be profoundly ashamed of himself. That is just my opinion too.

Can't really be a cancer when it is better than the host..
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #590 on: July 20, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »

Ouch!  Tongue  Why are you "here" then pray tell if this place in your mind is the cyberspace equivalent of the "Bad Place?" And how can it really be so bad, when you have the opportunity here to yank my chain from pillar to post? Isn't that at least a little modest silver lining to it all?  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #591 on: July 20, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2013, 02:57:36 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

Enough of Torie's preaching. Let's get on to important things. I'm so sick of some fat f[inks]er tying up the parking lane so they can get two spaces closer so their fat ass won't have to walk as far to the store.   End of rant.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #592 on: July 20, 2013, 03:14:27 PM »

And I am tired of folks in parking lots driving big SUV's and whatnot that they really don't know how to drive, and failing to watch out for folks starting to pull out of parking spaces who can't see the behemoths because their line of sight is blocked by other cars, leading to fender bending. The SUV invention is one of the great banes of my existence; the road slugs also block my view forward on the highway. The licensing fees for the contraptions should be quadrupled immediately, so that the owners start paying their "fair share" for all the negative externalities they cause. End of rant.   
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #593 on: July 20, 2013, 03:19:44 PM »

Gonna leave at some point for "Lakefest", an annual celebration of sorts that happens at a lake a friend lives on. If tradition holds, a bunch'a folks'll be at his house havin' a good ol' time.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #594 on: July 21, 2013, 01:26:48 PM »

Went and fed my mother-in-law at the old age home but instead of playing golf, I'm staying home since my dog is sick.

So, I watched the British Open, watching the Pirates play now, and I'm going to consume copious amounts of a new smokey bourbon I picked up today at the State store.

I'm also going to consume copious amounts of shrimp.  I haven't decided how I want to cook it quite yet.

Mrs. Grumps and her sisters are in NOLA visisting my daughter, so it's me and my poor baby girl dog who is sicker than a dog (pun intended).

It's fun being lazy ass once in a while.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #595 on: July 21, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »

Ouch!  Tongue  Why are you "here" then pray tell if this place in your mind is the cyberspace equivalent of the "Bad Place?" And how can it really be so bad, when you have the opportunity here to yank my chain from pillar to post? Isn't that at least a little modest silver lining to it all?  Smiley

Yeah I like it well enough no doubt, but its just that update is better.

Updating myself - I completed the work, got about $500 in cash, and now they took us to Phuket for a night of 'partying' before flying back tomorrow.  I was exhausted and dislike 'partying' particularly with boring drunks.. did stop for a massage on the way back to the hotel though. Went to a very fancy one so 'full-service' wasn't on offer, only the one small extra was available.  1,000 baht all in.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #596 on: July 21, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »

I'm back in NH. I was in PA for the weekend visiting family and hit up a few grad parties on the way (cancelled the visit to college, turned out it was more of a parent thing than a student thing so I just decided to go to my cousin's party and catch up with the whole family down there). They're all fighting over me now, and I couldn't be happier.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #597 on: July 21, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »

I had a great weekend. I spent all day Saturday with that girl. We were supposed to go to the beach, but it ended up raining so we just stayed in. Today it rained again all day and I met my granddad for lobster tacos and oysters. Oh, and Phil Mickelson won the Open... it was a great day.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #598 on: July 21, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »

Just read 20 pages of old Updates. Bushy is on his 3rd scam... Need sleep.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #599 on: July 23, 2013, 10:46:01 AM »

Just found out I'm getting my hours cut this fall, so I'm trying to find a new job. I applied to Koodo (mall cell phone place) and Sobey's (grocery store) today.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies