The Update for Everybody Else (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:49:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 85827 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: May 17, 2013, 07:48:04 AM »

FF thread, Snowguy!

Well after work, I had 2 Grey Goose martinis, dirty, with olives, and a respectable portion of rare grilled steak along with a cucumber/tomato/scallions/egg salad.  Watched the Pirate game around 9:00 til it was over, then sleepy time.

This morning, like every morning, the dog wakes me up at 5 for her morning constitution, then I feed her, make coffee and drink 4 mugs (black) before my shower, then off to work by 7:45.  Now I'm at my desk typing this stupid sh**t so you can all see my exciting life.

No brief relaxations to report.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »

The Rangers lost last night, which of course is truly awful... but the girl I'm into is a Ranger fan, as well, and she made sure to text me after the loss.  Hearing from her took away the sting a little bit.  

Is that the same girl you were telling Uncle angus and I about?  Sorry about the Rangers. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 02:30:25 PM »

Bizarrely enough I have a female house-guest.  Normally no one enters my house except for the maid(s) and that only rarely.  So, its an adjustment, but, she's leaving tomorrow.

You dawg, you.  We expect full gory details later.  Cheesy
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 06:37:30 AM »

Well I watched the Penguins take a 2-0 lead thanks to a Crosby hat trick, then tuned into the end of the Pirate game to watch the Astros blow the lead.  Glorious.

Now I'm off to do some chores around the house, hit the grocery store, then grill something later (accompanied by a martini or two, of course)

Again, no brief relaxations to report.  Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »

Dog and I up at 5.  Downed 4 mugs of coffee, showered, then off to the old age home to feed my mother-in-law at 8AM.

Tee time was 11AM today.....felt good to get back out there after such a long layoff these past couple of years.

Watched the end of the Pirate game and going to watch the Penguins game 3 tonight.

Still no brief relaxations to report.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »

I bought a set of golf clubs. Don't really know how to play golf.

Any one have any good resources? Particularly for a lefty.

Take a few lessons at a local driving range that offers them.  You'll be miles ahead.  Trust me.  It's not expensive and you'll spend less overall than beating balls until you get it right.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 11:26:07 AM »

I am in the process of helping my sister move out of her apartment and it's miserable. She's basically the kind of person that asks for help and then tries to dictate the schedule in which she needs you even if it isn't convenient at all with you.

Typical Greek girl.......demanding, mouthy.  Ugh. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 03:22:30 PM »

Tried to start conversation with a certain girl again. I have one more day to try and get her number before the year ends and she is not on Facebook so if I don't get it tommorow I won't be seeing her at all until August.

We expect results young man!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 06:32:39 PM »

Thanks, tranny.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 10:27:22 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2013, 12:28:21 PM by Grumps »

As some of you (the IRC crew) know, I've liked this girl for a couple of months. We went to prom together as friends, she's pretty much aware how I feel, and I'm 99% sure she just sees me as a friend, which I can accept. Still, my feelings are bogging me down and probably keeping me from pursuing more...viable relationships. Should I just tell the girl how I feel and that I understand it isn't mutual so as to help let it go?

Always trust your Uncle Grumps and when he offers advice, Uncle angus too.  Hokey Dude has learned this.....you should too.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 05:36:55 PM »

Tried to start conversation with a certain girl again. I have one more day to try and get her number before the year ends and she is not on Facebook so if I don't get it tommorow I won't be seeing her at all until August.

We expect results young man!
Results: Saw her in the hall, talked to her for a little bit, and I totally forgot to even ask for her number. On the other hand, I did get a few other peoples numbers. Schools out for me, as I don't have any exams tomorrow. I have a job interview at the funeral home sometime next week.

Then I'll assume you're not so infatuated if you forgot to ask. You didn't chicken out. Good. Now we just need to get snowstalker a set of gonads so he's confident when he talks to his love interest.  Man you teens are a lot if work. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »

I had three small hamburgers at McDonalds.  Small fries.  Small coke. 2 Big Macs and a side salad.  500 calories max.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »

I golfed. Drank too many martinis. No brief relaxations to report. Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 04:41:09 AM »

I had three small hamburgers at McDonalds.  Small fries.  Small coke. 2 Big Macs and a side salad.  500 calories max.

A spoonful of fries?

A large spoonful.  Last night I ate horribly. Beef shish kabob and a cucumber and tomato salad. That had to be worse than McDonald's, right?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 03:55:18 AM »

Tomorrow's the big day: I'm moving into my new apartment! I'm mostly packed, excepted for some food in the fridge, my bathroom stuff, and some dishes that are still drying. If I never post here again, then I likely tried and failed to set up my Time Warner internet at the new apartment because I wanted to save $20 on installation fees and attempt it myself.

Will you be getting the Playboy channel on your cable service?  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »

I was too lazy to make breakfast today so I went to McDonald's and got 2 egg mcmuffins, no cheese, no candian bacon, and no english muffin.   250 calories tops.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 01:42:56 PM »

Got invited to a party tommorow. Said I might go but now am not really interested in going, as I am awkward at partys and wouldn't know anybody.

Be brave, young one. Those are the events that are the best, and most challenging.  And you do know someone or you wouldn't be invited.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 02:26:39 PM »

Got invited to a party tommorow. Said I might go but now am not really interested in going, as I am awkward at partys and wouldn't know anybody.

I was in a similar situation with two sweet sixteens I went to this month and last. Just get food and mingle. Don't mention you're a Republican, either Wink

There you go, Sanchez.  You can't let R2D2 get away with having a bigger set than you.....go get 'em!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »

Employed is the key word......good man, Sanchez!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 01:23:22 PM »

Speaking of jobs, I need these attorneys to call me back. Especially my uncle's Greek mob lawyer friend. I wanted to start by mid June.

No Greek mob connections in Chicago, Dukey?  I'm surprised.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »

Speaking of jobs, I need these attorneys to call me back. Especially my uncle's Greek mob lawyer friend. I wanted to start by mid June.

No Greek mob connections in Chicago, Dukey?  I'm surprised.

I'm pretty sure it's understood my uncle is in the mob and this "friend" is a mob lawyer. But I haven't heard back from him yet. My uncle just told me "they needed help this summer" and "email him your résumé and tell him who you are and that I'm your uncle." Then he hung up.

Patience, Dukey.  Uncle Takis will pull through.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »

I just told a girl who graduated from my high school (also lost a parent) last year that I had a crush on her and still do.  She said she isn't in a position to be with anyone right now, but I'm glad I told her.  I also told her I plan on chatting with her more often and that we should meet up one day to reconnect.

Very brave.  Hope it works.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 12:57:12 PM »

Kind of neglecting my regular duties for a week though, hope I don't get any guff.

That's different, ole friend?  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »

My uncle's mob lawyer finally got back to me. He said I should expect to hear from them next week. Dukey needs a summer job. I can't stay drunk all summer without any income!

And your drunk postings here and on FB are second to NONE, Dukey, so we need you all liquored up this summer.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »

I was talking to the girl I like (Liz) again last night about college.  Since I'm likely moving to the state she's attending college at, I wanted to know what things are like where she goes.  She said she was at a concert and that we could talk about it later.  I said, "okay."

Almost 24 hours later; no new messages.

Gulp. Sad

Patience. Every reason you think is causing the delay is wrong. It's something completely innocent and normal. Fear not, puissant paladin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies