The Update for Everybody Else (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:48:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 85774 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: May 17, 2013, 01:24:54 AM »

I went to the gym, went to work, hit up the grocery, made dinner, and had a few hours of screen time. It's been long established that my life is too dull for an update. And that's exactly the way I like it. I'm very much a creature of habit. I don't like adapting to new situations.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »

Is this woman with or without penis?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »

I'm kind of homeless. Trying to figure out how I'm going to make it to August.
Yikes! Hope that wirks out for you. Housing situations are awful!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »

Is there a word for those who prefer trans partners?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »

You want to work in a funeral home? I'd drink even more than I do now if that was my job.

Why?  Death is peaceful and painless - all problems solved.  The hospital or the nursing home is the place where the employees must turn to drink for solace.
Hospitals have all the good drugs. Employees there do much better than drinking.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »

I'm drinking again. 5th day in a row
This a cry for help? All good things in moderation Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 11:41:43 PM »

Family gathering, started Lexapro since I found out headaches weren't a side effect. It's screwed with m tolerence.

The efficacy of SSRIs in treating depression is very much in doubt, just FYI. They're pretty good at making wieners shrivel though.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »

First day on the job. Learned how to operate the cash register, but I still need to memorize the many different menu options. Walk home was only about 50 minutes, so I should leave home each morning at 10:00 AM, get there at 11:00 AM, and work until 3:00 PM for now, until they decide I am trained enough for a full day on the job. The staff is nice, and they are never swamped with people.
Congrats on the job! That's one heck of a walk though. Can't imagine being presentable enough to work with food after walking for an hour in Florida in June. No other transit options?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 02:39:11 PM »

With today's oversupply of lawyers, a JD is becoming a worthless degree, and one that comes with a six figure price.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »

I'm going to Nashville for a few days on Monday. Hopefully, hillybilly isn't contageous.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »

I'm also fairly certain my boss is hitting on me. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now.

Run To The Hills

I can't watch that here, but she hasn't left me alone all afternoon on email, and I'm afraid if I ignore her emails I will make her mad or something. I'm going to have to tiptoe around this one.
Tell her that you are a closeted gay. She'll leave you alone and won't tell anybody.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »

I didn't know hooking up was something for which one could use the past progressive.
You disapprove of habitually hooking up with the same person?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »

I didn't know hooking up was something for which one could use the past progressive.
You disapprove of habitually hooking up with the same person?

That isn't what I said.
I'm confused. That's the purpose of the verb tense.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »

I made it back from my weekend alive. I actually had a productive morning and my supervisor hasn't invited me to lunch today.... yet.
You should show her the comments from Jamespol and ask her what she thinks of him. Guarantee you, she'll take the hint. Unless you just enjoy the cougar attention. Not that there's anything wrong with that either. Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »

On Monday my psychiatrist gave the the go-ahead to stop taking the antidepressant I was prescribed back in May (I'm still taking the mood stabilizer o/c). Today I started feeling the SSRI Withdrawal and it's pretty much the most annoying thing ever. Like it's not debilitating or anything, it just that every few minutes I feel like my brain got struck by lightning.

Also here's an amusing gif

I've done plenty of drugs in my day. Anti-depressants have the worst withdrawal ever. Ok, so I've never done heroin or cigarettes, and they're probably worse to come off of. But seriously, they suck. And not even helpful beyond placebo levels when one is on them.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 09:02:06 PM »

Sixty-five hundred yen is not a reasonable price for half a kilogram of dried blueberries, be it a festival night or not.

Yikes!  No, that's not a reasonable price.
I googled a currency converter, and that's about $65. Wtf?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »

Been having a lot of hip issues for a while. Had to go in for an MRI today. The long syringe of contrast dye in the groin was fantastic. Results next week. Surgery is a likely outcome.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »

Amazing how critical a missing comma can be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies