The Update for Everybody Else (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:13:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 85786 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:56 PM »

The 'friend zone' is kind of a creepy concept that stems from people being outraged that girls might not want to sleep with nice guys (tm) such as themselves. Am I overthinking this?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »

Was updating the firmware on one of my music gizmos and was met with this slightly unnerving screen-

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »

Nearly objectively true... and I say this as someone who changed to a liberal arts degree from a far more useful (i.e. employable) one.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:48:36 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2013, 05:54:59 AM by Oakvale »

And, of course, Cal Tony is 1000 percent right that it's pretty disgusting that people would pooh-pooh the humanities (i.e. that which makes us human) just because they don't pay the big buxx.

That strikes me as a ever-so slightly pretentious way of describing a degree in Theatre Studies or whatever. Again, I say this as someone doing a pretty useless liberal arts degree (Economics + miscellaneous credit filler). Math is less "human" than Philosophy?

I'm always a bit skeptical of passionate defences of arts degrees since it's something of a privileged luxury to be able to take anything other than future employability into account when selecting a college major. Like the way people who say they don't care about money are invariably rather wealthy. In an ideal world you'd be able to find gainful employment in a field that interests you and earn enough money to be comfortable, but in reality you find a lot of English graduates working in minimum-wage coffee shops.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »

I shaved my face fully for the first time in a couple of months. I went from looking about 30 to looking about 12.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 04:06:44 AM »

Also, I love how it seems like p much everyone here was on drugs friday night Curly

yeah damn right i was up from like friday to sunday night #yolo
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 05:50:37 AM »

Overwhelming surge of self-hatred in me right now. Can't go to sleep until I've dealt with it. Convinced I'm worthless, stupid, an incompetent and fraudulent student of my major, deserve to die, et cetera.

I spend my entire life feeling like a total fraud but what helps is realising that almost everyone feels that way anyway. Hope you're coping okay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies