The Update for Everybody Else (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:26:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 85802 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: May 17, 2013, 05:58:57 AM »

I strangled a hooker, then went to Golden Corral. I hope to join the Peace Corps tomorrow.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:51:01 AM »

As some of you (the IRC crew) know, I've liked this girl for a couple of months. We went to prom together as friends, she's pretty much aware how I feel, and I'm 99% sure she just sees me as a friend, which I can accept. Still, my feelings are bogging me down and probably keeping me from pursuing more...viable relationships. Should I just tell the girl how I feel and that I understand it isn't mutual so as to help let it go?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 03:13:09 PM »

As some of you (the IRC crew) know, I've liked this girl for a couple of months. We went to prom together as friends, she's pretty much aware how I feel, and I'm 99% sure she just sees me as a friend, which I can accept. Still, my feelings are bogging me down and probably keeping me from pursuing more...viable relationships. Should I just tell the girl how I feel and that I understand it isn't mutual so as to help let it go?
Bro, just ask her. Don't start presuming, just ask anyway and go after another girl. The biggest mistake I ever made in high school was getting hung up over a girl for two years.

That's probably the best course of action, but on the other hand I feel it could be redundant (again, my infatuation is a terribly-kept secret) and could potentially dent our friendship.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 05:55:55 AM »

The reasoning is still correct, though I'd argue that the friendzone exists (insofar as one person rejecting another's romantic advances while establishing a platonic relationship), but is not a bad thing.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 07:35:47 AM »

In other news, got my SAT scores in--1960!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 03:45:30 PM »

In a nut shell, it's a millennial generation take on unrequited love. Guy develops feelings for a female friend, desires to take it to the next level but is rebuffed with "let's just stay friends." or at least a presumption that such a thing would happen.

More accurately, it's an invention designed by our blubbering, socially incompetent contemporaries to blame their inability to cope with rejection and letdown on society and trivialized versions of people instead of themselves.

More often, it's actually not rejection so much as the fear of rejection that keeps people in the so-called "friend zone". See Snowstalker's example.

It might be because I am just as (if not more) awkward as Snowstalker, but from my perspective his attitude in that situation makes perfect sense. Sure, he could go on and make his feelings known, but why should he if nothing good can possibly come from that?

To get it out of his system and be able to move on.

Precisely what I was thinking.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »

3-day weekend ends tomorrow. Probably a good thing (I've pretty much spent the last 3 days sleeping, watching Futurama, and writing insane political rants).
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:12 AM »

Family gathering, started Lexapro since I found out headaches weren't a side effect. It's screwed with m tolerence.

When I actually use "Bitch I might be" in a conversation" and telling IRC that "I love titties", it's time to stop drinking.

I should add that Sawx repeatedly messaged me on Facebook with messages about how he loves me (with a blurry selfie!) and how Oakvale took his keys, among other things.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »

I'll be in Montreal from the 7th through the 10th, hence the avatar change. This is my first trip outside the United States and Montreal is supposedly one of the greatest cities in North America, so I'm excited. Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »

dear jesus i love canada
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »

Coming home from Montreal. Loved it!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 09:30:31 PM »

Planned to have a boy toy tonight, but I got distracted drawing yet another Michigan map. My priorities suck! Sad

True Atlas poster.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 08:32:51 PM »

First day of school. Nothing really happened of course (first day etc), but I am very much tired.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »

I finally was going to ask my Homecoming date to-day at an Academic Decathalon meeting after school, only to find she was not present. Debating what to do now...

If your school's homecoming is anything like mine, don't bother.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies