Battle of the States: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:25:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Battle of the States: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Minnesota

Wisconsin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Battle of the States: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin  (Read 3812 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2013, 05:33:43 PM »

24 hours.

Minnesota.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »

Badgerland, obviously.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »

Minnesota
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 06:02:10 PM »

Both of them are too effing cold for me, but I'll go with Wisconsin.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 06:12:22 PM »

Minnesota has a bit better weather, being further north, so I'll go with that.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »

You know, weather is probably the only issue we're complete opposites on. Tongue
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »

You know, weather is probably the only issue we're complete opposites on. Tongue

I noticed that immediately after posting...I live in the Cleveland suburbs and complain that it's too warm yearround. I honestly don't understand how people can stay sane somewhere it never snows. Perhaps they don't Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »

I noticed that immediately after posting...I live in the Cleveland suburbs and complain that it's too warm yearround. I honestly don't understand how people can stay sane somewhere it never snows. Perhaps they don't Tongue

I feel the same way about who live in places without sun. Tongue
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »

Minnesota, of course!
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 06:44:26 PM »

Minnesota.
HoosierPoliticalJunkie

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 09:32:35 PM »

I'm with Goldwater on this.  That being said, it's partly a longing effect.  Living in NW Indiana, I know I won't ever get warm winters.  We naturally want something different than we have now.  But I definitely prefer warm weather to cold weather because I like being outside and doing things like swimming also for one slightly embarrassing reason:  canker sores.  I'm prone to them in the winter but never get them in the summer.  When the winter is warm, I get almost none of them.  If it's a cold winter, I usually will get a few of them, which are quite painful. 
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 12:50:44 AM »

Wisconsin wins 308-230. Minnesota could probably do better if she picks a running mate from the South.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 01:31:21 AM »

I'm with Goldwater on this.  That being said, it's partly a longing effect.  Living in NW Indiana, I know I won't ever get warm winters.  We naturally want something different than we have now.  But I definitely prefer warm weather to cold weather because I like being outside and doing things like swimming also for one slightly embarrassing reason:  canker sores.  I'm prone to them in the winter but never get them in the summer.  When the winter is warm, I get almost none of them.  If it's a cold winter, I usually will get a few of them, which are quite painful. 
Canker sores are not "embarrassing" to have.  They can be caused by many different things (they are not contagious...) including stress or a nutritional deficiency.

Is there something you maybe don't eat during cold weather that you otherwise eat frequently?  Could maybe being holed up inside cause an allergy? 
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 04:17:31 AM »

I think Minnesota's an easy pick over Wisconsin. They're both too cold, so it comes down to other considerations where Minnesota easily wins.
HoosierPoliticalJunkie

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 08:07:18 AM »

Canker sores are not "embarrassing" to have.  They can be caused by many different things (they are not contagious...) including stress or a nutritional deficiency.

Is there something you maybe don't eat during cold weather that you otherwise eat frequently?  Could maybe being holed up inside cause an allergy? 

I'm not sure what causes them.  The only food I eat during the summer that I don't int he winter is ice cream.  It might be related to exercise:  I get more of it during the summer, because I'm on the cross country team.  But during the spring, I only run 2-3 miles every other day and I'm OK.  Even if I do run during the winter, I'm still prone to the cankers.  Maybe it's an allergy?  Either way, I can tolerate them and they're not a huge deal.  It's just a nuisance.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 08:15:33 AM »

Most don't. We elected Rick Scott, after all.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 08:50:23 AM »

Wisconsin wins 308-230. Minnesota could probably do better if she picks a running mate from the South.

You think Illinois is going to go heavily for Wisconsin?  You need to brush up on Midwestern sports rivalries.  Or just bordering state rivalries in general.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »

Wisconsin, they elected Scott Walker twice, and make great cheese, enough said!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 05:44:33 PM »

I'm not sure what causes them.  The only food I eat during the summer that I don't int he winter is ice cream.  It might be related to exercise:  I get more of it during the summer, because I'm on the cross country team.  But during the spring, I only run 2-3 miles every other day and I'm OK.  Even if I do run during the winter, I'm still prone to the cankers.  Maybe it's an allergy?  Either way, I can tolerate them and they're not a huge deal.  It's just a nuisance.
It's could also just be from the drier air.. if you breathe through your mouth when you sleep, you could be drying it out a lot and that can worsen any sores.

Try brushing with a toothpaste that specifically combats dry mouth.. it might make a difference.

I notice I used to get canker sores a lot when I was very anxious and stressed out a lot and not sleeping well.  But they were worse in the winter, probably because of how dry the air is.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 07:44:27 PM »

My answer stays the same as it always has been: Wisconsin.

Wisconsin, they elected Scott Walker twice, and make great cheese, enough said!
Exactly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies