Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:21:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster  (Read 9258 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: May 24, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »

Garden variety social democrat as far as I can see. Occasionally gets hot blooded but is generally able to argue with reason not rhetoric, so he's ok in my book.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:54:22 PM »

re: DC al fine I like him but he's is extremely pro life, he wouldn't fit with us

Indeed. If the Democrats pro life wing was bigger than Bob Casey, I would seriously consider switching.

SKIP

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:06:42 PM »

Despite my differences with TNF, I actually kind of like him. He seems to actually be concerned about the welfare of the working class instead of the oh so trendy people who look down their noses at people worse off than themselves. That said, I think he is severely misguided on how to better the working class. His views on labour markets, immigration and social issues each have clear instances where they harm the working class. Ex: I think sexual libertinism has maimed the institutions that provide stability for the working poor, he does not.

All in all an ok if somewhat frustrating individual/
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »

DC Al Fine is a decent person. Pretty... different views on social issues (more than a 1.39 would suggest)

That'd be my ultra dove foreign policy dragging it down.

SKIP
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 01:34:47 PM »

Underrated poster almost exclusively due to his white nationalist phase. I wasn't around for it, but it's harmed his credibility with almost every longtime lefty, and a good chunk of the right wingers too. He writes interesting stuff and its a shame so many dismiss his stuff out of hand. My only critique of him is that he occasionally writes the odd "head-scratcher" post where I have no idea what's going on in his argument.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »

A good poster and a really nice person. But of course, this thread requires details:

Maddy posts well-written stuff on a variety of subjects and is nice to people which is something we need more of on this forum. Most importantly Maddy adds to the knowledge of the forum thanks to her extensive knowledge of a topics that the forum is weak on, most notably Japan, and liberal Protestantism.

On the negative side, Maddy seems almost totally disinterested in economic issues, which saddens me and has a habit of posting walls o' text, which can be a bit annoying but doesn't diminish her overwhelming FF rating.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies