Swann Donated to Kerry in '97
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:46:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Swann Donated to Kerry in '97
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Swann Donated to Kerry in '97  (Read 12052 times)
danwxman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2005, 02:06:35 AM »

Name one issue Piccola is liberal or moderate on.

He was in favor of abortion rights but happened to switch a few months ago. His voting record is still seen as a Pro Choice record.

Oh no, according to Piccola he's been pro-life for years. Smiley

He's just a political opportunist like Santorum, except Santorum seems to have stronger core beliefs. Every time he runs for re-election, he runs to the left and plays himself as a moderate. His district does after all include the city of Harrisburg and the area around it which is very liberal. As an incumbent he's tough to beat because he can raise money very well, but he knows he's somewhat vulnerable.

The point - Suddenly when there's a race between two Pro Choice candidates (at the time Swann wasn't really in the race yet) Piccola saw that voters wouldn't see much of a difference between the two and would probably go with the more well known candidate (Scranton). Therefore, to attract the strong Pro Life vote, he suddenly thought about his position on the issue again and became "Pro Life."

No sh*t sherlock. Didn't I point this out weeks ago and you said "no he's been pro-life for years"?

Why do you get so angry? You must have some temper problems.

Anyway, I have never said Jeff Piccola has been Pro Life for years. Never. You must have been talking to someone else.

No, but you quoted an article that said he had ....you agreed with it I'm sure. You're just as bad as him. On second you're supporting the guy as a pro-life conservative, but the second I start calling him that all of the sudden he's liberal among the likes of Scranton.

So let me ask you this, if abortion is such a litmus test which you claim it is (with Casey and now Piccola)....Is Swann the most conservative candidate when he donated to John Kerry, supported Specter and is pro-choice? Versus Piccola who is the pro-life majority whip in the state senate and has spearheaded the Republican effort to destroy any initiative by Rendell?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2005, 02:12:53 AM »

He was in favor of abortion rights but happened to switch a few months ago. His voting record is still seen as a Pro Choice record.

He's just a political opportunist like Santorum, except Santorum seems to have stronger core beliefs. Every time he runs for re-election, he runs to the left and plays himself as a moderate. His district does after all include the city of Harrisburg and the area around it which is very liberal. As an incumbent he's tough to beat because he can raise money very well, but he knows he's somewhat vulnerable.

The point - Suddenly when there's a race between two Pro Choice candidates (at the time Swann wasn't really in the race yet) Piccola saw that voters wouldn't see much of a difference between the two and would probably go with the more well known candidate (Scranton). Therefore, to attract the strong Pro Life vote, he suddenly thought about his position on the issue again and became "Pro Life."

No sh*t sherlock. Didn't I point this out weeks ago and you said "no he's been pro-life for years"?

Anyway, I have never said Jeff Piccola has been Pro Life for years. Never. You must have been talking to someone else.

No, but you quoted an article that said he had ....you agreed with it I'm sure. You're just as bad as him. On second you're supporting the guy as a pro-life conservative, but the second I start calling him that all of the sudden he's liberal among the likes of Scranton.

So let me ask you this, if abortion is such a litmus test which you claim it is (with Casey and now Piccola)....Is Swann the most conservative candidate when he donated to John Kerry, supported Specter and is pro-choice? Versus Piccola who is the pro-life majority whip in the state senate and has spearheaded the Republican effort to destroy any initiative by Rendell?

No, moron, I was going crazy over the fact that the article said Piccola was conservative. By the way, I've never supported Piccola. I don't know how you can make this stuff up.

I never claim abortion is a litmus test. You asked for a liberal position, I gave it. Don't twist my words.

Also, you need to read up on some stuff. Swann is the most conservative candidate and is Pro Life. He is not Pro Choice. When it comes to Piccola, he has actually stood with the Governor on spending issues so I really don't think you know what you're talking about.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2005, 02:14:20 AM »

Hey clown...here you go.

http://www.draftswann.com

Check out the second story on the site. Terry Modonna, who is supposed to be the best political analyst in the state, says that Piccola represents the conservative wing of the GOP in the primary. What a joke. I'm beginning to lose respect for Mr. Modonna.

Try following what I actually say. I feel bad correcting you so often.
danwxman

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2005, 02:19:04 AM »

Hey clown...here you go.

Check out the second story on the site. Terry Modonna, who is supposed to be the best political analyst in the state, says that Piccola represents the conservative wing of the GOP in the primary. What a joke. I'm beginning to lose respect for Mr. Modonna.

Umm, and what are you implying by that? Anybody with their head screwed on straight would figure that you are saying Piccola doesn't represent the conservative wing of the Republican party, and that Swann is the conservative candidate (when I've clearly shown that he's not).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2005, 02:22:06 AM »

Hey clown...here you go.

Umm, and what are you implying by that? Anybody with their head screwed on straight would figure that you are saying Piccola doesn't represent the conservative wing of the Republican party, and that Swann is the conservative candidate (when I've clearly shown that he's not).

So you're wrong but don't want to admit it? dan, first off, acknowledge that 1) I never supported Piccola and 2) never agreed with what this article stated. You said I did both. You were wrong.

What I am implying is that Piccola is not the conservative candidate. I was pointing out a clear error by Terry Maddona. Now you haven't proved a thing when it comes to Swann "not being a conservative" because you have a hard time with facts. You claimed he was Pro Choice. Uh...wrong. You're trying for the record, aren't you?
danwxman

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2005, 02:26:42 AM »

Hey clown...here you go.

So you're wrong but don't want to admit it? dan, first off, acknowledge that 1) I never supported Piccola and 2) never agreed with what this article stated. You said I did both. You were wrong.

What I am implying is that Piccola is not the conservative candidate. I was pointing out a clear error by Terry Maddona. Now you haven't proved a thing when it comes to Swann "not being a conservative" because you have a hard time with facts. You claimed he was Pro Choice. Uh...wrong. You're trying for the record, aren't you?

Sorry, I'm gonna go with the number one and most respected political analyst in Pennsylvania and agree that Piccola is the conservative candidate. Sorry.
danwxman

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2005, 02:27:20 AM »

I don't think Swann could beat Rendell anyway.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2005, 02:29:53 AM »

Hey clown...here you go.

Sorry, I'm gonna go with the number one and most respected political analyst in Pennsylvania and agree that Piccola is the conservative candidate. Sorry.

Aww...so you won't admit that you got my positions wrong? That's ok, Dan. I forgive your stupidity.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2005, 02:30:53 AM »

I don't think Swann could beat Rendell anyway.

He's more likely to beat Rendell than the other two.
danwxman

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2005, 02:34:16 AM »

Hey clown...here you go.

Aww...so you won't admit that you got my positions wrong? That's ok, Dan. I forgive your stupidity.

You "defended" Piccola....happy now? Does that make you feel better that I changed the word? Okay shmoopie.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2005, 02:37:38 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No...see...you have a clear problem when it comes to understanding me. I didn't defend Piccola. I do not see him as the conservative candidate. I never supported him. Would you like me to use the big letters, Danny? Maybe then you'll understand my opinion of Mr. Piccola.

(By the way, you're also wrong about Swann. He's Pro Life.)
danwxman

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2005, 02:42:55 AM »

No...see...you have a clear problem when it comes to understanding me. I didn't defend Piccola. I do not see him as the conservative candidate. I never supported him. Would you like me to use the big letters, Danny? Maybe then you'll understand my opinion of Mr. Piccola.

You did defend Piccola when I pointed out that he was a flip-flopper. Funny now that you agree with me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2005, 02:45:48 AM »

You did defend Piccola when I pointed out that he was a flip-flopper. Funny now that you agree with me.

It amazes me the stuff you are saying. Dan, I believe Piccola is a flip flopper, too. You really need to improve your reading skills.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2005, 02:47:29 AM »

See Danny? That's me pointing out that he changed his position for political purposes.
NHPolitico

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2005, 03:52:26 PM »

He donated to both of Teresa Heinz's husbands. That's the connection. He's on the Board for Heinz Foods.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies