Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2019, 06:21:45 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: New features added! Click here for more information. Click here to configure new features.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Recent bans - v 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 91 Print
Author Topic: Recent bans - v 1.0  (Read 279501 times)
Orphan Crippler
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: March 20, 2017, 03:06:56 pm »

If you guys think we're some constantly-alerted forum police, I have to dissapoint you. Like 80% of my work is about moving topics/merging threads, more like a garbage guy than Inks-In-Waiting.

Cath
Cathcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1351 on: March 20, 2017, 07:20:36 pm »

If you guys think we're some constantly-alerted forum police, I have to dissapoint you. Like 80% of my work is about moving topics/merging threads, more like a garbage guy than Inks-In-Waiting.

The value judgment I wrestle with most is as to whether or not it is just (or "acceptable") to move a thread without an informative post explaining such. I tend to think of this as perfectly ethical, but to think that others may be too weak or inattentive to tolerate such activity without routine information.

Illiniwek
Governor Illiniwek
YaBB God

« Reply #1352 on: March 21, 2017, 08:23:53 pm »

I am more than happy to be a bootlicker for the mods.

Illiniwek
Governor Illiniwek
YaBB God

« Reply #1353 on: March 21, 2017, 08:25:31 pm »

So if the two of them continue to offend as they were, will they be given permanent bans? Is there a strike system?
Orphan Crippler
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1354 on: March 22, 2017, 07:55:47 am »

So if the two of them continue to offend as they were, will they be given permanent bans? Is there a strike system?

There's no a strike system per se.

While I can't speak for other mods, I clearly see a distinction between an occassional slip made by a poster who otherwise is trying to improve, and going back to the old way.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:57:47 am by Semon Dye »Logged

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

P P

« Reply #1355 on: March 22, 2017, 09:47:49 am »

There is no longer an exact strike system because when one existed it led to uproar over moderator fascism. Tongue

But, yes, the point of a warning is to imply that unless behaviour improves they would eventually be banned.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Orphan Crippler
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1356 on: March 22, 2017, 10:33:54 am »

There is no longer an exact strike system because when one existed it led to uproar over moderator fascism. Tongue

That's our life:

Secret Cavern Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1357 on: March 24, 2017, 10:50:24 pm »

Eharding and Famous Mortimer are banned for a week.

I guess he's coming back tomorrow or the day after Tongue

Oh, joy...

"In the end, the world we live in is in darkness."
"That's why... we seek the light."

Noir, episode 26
heatcharger
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -1.24

« Reply #1358 on: March 25, 2017, 12:15:00 am »

Oh, joy...
I really think he'll do well. This ban likely knocked some sense into it.

I think you're highly delusional for this prediction, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Fmr. Pres. Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

« Reply #1359 on: March 25, 2017, 04:56:45 am »

Oh, joy...

Considering that - by his own admission - he's been banned from multiple other forums for similar behaviors, color me skeptical.

This thread went completely off the rails. Exactly as Griffin would have wanted.
Orphan Crippler
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1360 on: March 25, 2017, 05:21:09 am »

Oh, joy...

Considering that - by his own admission - he's been banned from multiple other forums for similar behaviors, color me skeptical.

He's more likely to make 300 posts on his first day, to made up for all lost time...

(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding
YaBB God

« Reply #1361 on: March 25, 2017, 04:24:13 pm »

Asinine "temp bans" in both cases. Shame on all of you. All of us should be looking over our shoulders now, I suppose.
-True.
Thanks to such friends of the people as TNVolunteer, Alex, Santander, BRTD, ssuperflash, Senator Leinad, and especially Averroes, for pointing out the complete and utter injustice of my unjust ban and being completely and totally right on all counts in his recent posts here. I hope good fortunes await you all.
If that’s all you wanted to hear, stop here. But, come on, you wanna hear my thoughts on the unjust ban, and the mods presumably want effortposts, not short posts.
Much like I cannot feel any emotion at the deaths of random bomb victims in the Middle East tomorrow–terrorists gonna terrorist, you’re not gonna change that, and you can’t be sad all the time, despite it being sad in objective terms- I can’t really feel any emotion over my unjust ban, despite its sadness in objective terms, for much the same reasons. It had no justice. It had no justification backing it. It was asinine. It was arbitrary. It was Kafkaesque. The excuses for it were awful. It was purely based on my lack of popular opinions and statements. I did not break a single forum rule to a degree to which even a one-second ban was warranted. Posting too much is not an offense here (and, besides, I had greatly moderated my posting rate greatly in the days leading up to my unjust ban, posting under 25 posts per day for three days, including that of my unjust ban –the same as or less than that of the notorious Kalwejt, who got me unjustly banned, in the days immediately following my unjust ban). Necroposting is not an offense here (and I did not do so on the day of my unjust ban –will Frodo and bagelman be punished for this non-offense, as well?). None of my posts were spam, even when I could have included links to my own content for illustrative purposes. I did not even remotely troll here. Being unpopular is not an offense here. I post much higher quality content here than the Russophobic ignorance of ApatheticAustrian, Clay, and BRTD, to name just a handful of men. There was nothing the least bit uncharacteristic, much less improper, about the way I delivered my views. I am a friend of the forum community and desire nothing but the absolute best for its future. Nobody has yet pointed me to a single post of mine that was deserving of this unjust ban even in the slightest, much less was even close to being “low quality garbage”. But unjust mods gonna be unjust. And I can’t change that at all. The ultimate sovereignty over this forum belongs to men other than I. In the long run, it only hurts them, just like it hurt the comment sections of Tyler Cowen (whom I am clearly a superior writer to) and Scott Alexander (whom I am an obviously inferior writer to). I have been an absolutely fantastic contributor to the forum, just like I have been on many other websites, and I hope to be so for at least a decade. I was right on everything I said about everything in the past month, including prominently on Ryancare dying in the House (unlike the chronically wrong and generally awful poster Virginia), as well as on all controversial topics on which the vast majority of the forum community disagreed with me, such as the ubiquity of false flag anti-Semitism. My recent unjust ban has to all men of reason only confirmed the truth of this fact. Due to my excessive humility, I will not speak here of my many virtues, and of the great benefits I have added to the forum, though my discussion of such could easily fill a book. But I will not shed a tear if the mods decide to continue their present ways. Again, such behavior of theirs is not my problem, but that of the forum community as a whole, and I am but a sliver of it. I will obey their commands, as I have done readily before, to no avail, in order to avert the folly of rebellion, which afflicts vast parts of the Middle East even unto this day, but I cannot pretend their decisions are something other than damaging to the entire forum community’s future, for reasons Averroes pointed out.
I will continue espousing firmly true doctrines of accuracy in prediction, Trumpism (if not always Trump), liberty, strict constructionism, capitalism, a sound foreign policy, sanity, and open-mindedness, whether on this forum or elsewhere.
As for the circumstances of the unjust ban, I was unjustly banned completely from interacting with the forum in any way with my account without warning and without any more information as to why I was banned than you all have. I still don’t understand why I was banned, other than the notorious Kalwejt being a long-standing and public supporter of permanently banning me long before he was appointed mod, due to some arbitrary whims of his I am unable to read his mind to understand.
I did nothing banworthy.
In the interests of transparency, these were the exact and unedited words I sent to Mr. Dave Leip an hour after my ban was instated (I always planned to do it; indeed, I said for at least a week that I would do it soon, and, being honest, I did it, and soon).

Dear Mr. Dave Leip,
I am E. Harding, a prominent, if recently registered, poster on the Atlas Forum. I am a Republican from Michigan, born in Russia.
I email you to express my concerns regarding the user Kalwejt, a recent mod you appointed. I feel he is abusing his powers of influence in the mod cave.
I have delayed writing this to you for some time due to personal matters, but my recent seven-day ban (for “trolling and spam”, a completely baseless charge in every sense; merely examine my posting history here: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=15172;sa=showPosts ) from 5:20 PM today onward has greatly heightened my concern over his appointment.
Necrobumping is also not a listed offense on this forum, and I did not engage in it at all on the day I was banned.
From the beginning I have had very severe concerns regarding the appointment of Kalwejt as mod. He seems to have long desired me banned for no reason but his personal antipathy to me and my political stances, as well as his bizarre and hypocritical dislike for those who post too much, even before his appointment as mod (http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259261.msg5534015#msg5534015  ).
Yet, as another mod pointed out, there is no crime in your forum in posting numerous times per day ( http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259261.msg5533987#msg5533987 ), and both BRTD and Kalwejt would have been banned a long time ago if this were the case. Can such horrendous and personal abuse of mod powers stand on your forum?
In fact, in the two to three days before my ban, I had reduced my posting rate to under 25 posts per day –extremely low for me.
I also cannot understand why you appointed Kalwejt, despite his history as a past unpunished sockmaster (http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260101.0  ) to be mod, merely so he can lobby to ban me for as long as possible. I also question his ability to write and understand English, which is undeniably important for being a mod on an English-speaking forum. He seems to be unable to give straight answers to straight English-language questions –simply examine my PM correspondence with him.
My criticisms of your picks of Kalwejt and Virginia as mods have been expounded on in far greater detail here:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260171.msg5555706#msg5555706
Please read them, so as to gain an understanding of why Virginia, and especially Kalwejt, who appears to be more readily abusive, are highly undesirable mod picks, and should be swiftly removed.
I congratulate you for your great work on updating the site, especially in your input of local election data. I hope you will consider my advice and immediately remove Kalwejt from his position as mod due to his shocking abuse of power.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:08:58 pm by Vote Eharding for Northern Assembly »Logged

Make America Great Again

Political Matrix Score:
Economic score: +5.29
Social score: -3.13

Declaration of Grievances and Innocence:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=173972.msg5583015#msg5583015

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2wHDOC2pOzA

Stop the Islamofascist Erdog
Cath
Cathcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1362 on: March 25, 2017, 04:33:35 pm »

How do you A) type so much; B) assign any prism of "justice" to an online message board?

FM Scott🦋
Ascott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -6.43

P P
« Reply #1363 on: March 25, 2017, 05:27:25 pm »

You really need a hobby.

Vote January 18-20!
Fmr. Pres. Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

« Reply #1364 on: March 25, 2017, 05:32:31 pm »

Deeply Disturbing™.

This thread went completely off the rails. Exactly as Griffin would have wanted.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
Samoa

« Reply #1365 on: March 25, 2017, 05:41:10 pm »

Somebody needs to grow up, and get a bit of a sense of proportion.

"In fact, in the two to three days before my ban, I had reduced my posting rate to under 25 posts per day –extremely low for me."

The above made me laugh out loud. It's like a guy at an AA meeting sharing the good news that he is down to 25 beers a day.

Here's my best advice. Stop taking yourself so seriously, and learn to laugh at yourself bit more. That more than anything, will help to keep you a bit saner, and a bit happier, on your journey though life.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:45:52 pm by Torie »Logged
Secret Cavern Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1366 on: March 25, 2017, 06:27:14 pm »

Oh, joy...

roflmao

"In the end, the world we live in is in darkness."
"That's why... we seek the light."

Noir, episode 26
Siren
YaBB God
« Reply #1367 on: March 25, 2017, 06:47:43 pm »

Please stop harassing Dave.  He is on a glorious quest in the mythical lands of Mapia, where the sunsets are an exquisite blend of Republican blue and Democratic red.  The lands are full of bloom and bountiful with many maps.  Even the stars light up with constellations of municipal level elections and alternative gerrymanders.  We're all urgently awaiting his return, and each second that you bother him with frivolous codswallop and flapdoodle emails just puts the holy grail of maps further and further out of his reach.

Foucaulf
YaBB God

« Reply #1368 on: March 25, 2017, 07:37:02 pm »

In the interests of transparency, these were the exact and unedited words I sent to Mr. Dave Leip an hour after my ban was instated

[...]

He is not going to read this. You should have either bought an Atlas membership before this ban and then threatened to unsubscribe, or posted on Atlas's Guestbook.

Eharding
YaBB God

« Reply #1369 on: March 25, 2017, 07:42:21 pm »

In the interests of transparency, these were the exact and unedited words I sent to Mr. Dave Leip an hour after my ban was instated

[...]

He is not going to read this. You should have either bought an Atlas membership before this ban and then threatened to unsubscribe, or posted on Atlas's Guestbook.

-I considered doing the latter, but thought it impolite. And if I bought an Atlas membership (so far, I have not, but you'll never know), I doubt I would have threatened to unsubscribe over inappropriate mod behavior.

Make America Great Again

Political Matrix Score:

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1370 on: March 25, 2017, 08:03:00 pm »

If you're looking for sympathy, maybe don't open with "I don't care about victims of terror because I don't feel emotions"
Santander
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 3.54, S: 4.78

« Reply #1371 on: March 25, 2017, 08:23:44 pm »

Welcome back Eharding! Smiley
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1372 on: March 25, 2017, 09:00:45 pm »

Oh, joy...

The fact he has a portraiture of the young John C. Calhoun in his sig should convince the holdouts that he is a white supremacist.  Tongue

Eharding
YaBB God

« Reply #1373 on: March 25, 2017, 09:12:54 pm »

Oh, joy...

The fact he has a portraiture of the young John C. Calhoun in his sig should convince the holdouts that he is a white supremacist.  Tongue

-I decided on Calhoun because, as he was Jackson's VP pick, but fell out with Jackson due to tariff disputes, this sorta fits my strong support for the Trump campaign 2015-this week, followed by a falling out this week over a combination of healthcare, Russia, Syria, and failure to rescind DACA. I also found Calhoun's strong arguments against the Mexican war persuasive, and found his stances on tariffs and states' rights to be more consistent with the promotion of liberty than Jackson's stances on these matters.

Make America Great Again

Political Matrix Score:

Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1374 on: March 25, 2017, 09:17:58 pm »

Oh, joy...

-I decided on Calhoun because, as he was Jackson's VP pick, but fell out with Jackson due to tariff disputes, this sorta fits my strong support for the Trump campaign 2015-this week, followed by a falling out this week over a combination of healthcare, Russia, Syria, and failure to rescind DACA. I also found Calhoun's strong arguments against the Mexican war persuasive, and found his stances on tariffs and states' rights to be more consistent with the promotion of liberty than Jackson's stances on these matters.

I find your tip-toeing around his advocating on behalf of the institute of slavery (which defined him for all time) amusing. 

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 91 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout