The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:14:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208597 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2013, 08:45:20 PM »

The latest in the venerable tradition of libertarian 13 year olds posting moronic timelines in the what-if board:

It is 2100, and another presidential election is coming up. There has been some serious tensions between Poland and Swanceany (a mixture of Switzerland, France, and Germany. Switzerland doesn't follow a non-interventionist foreign policy anymore.) Some conspiracy theorist predict a World War 3, but for now things remain slightly calm in America. China and India is getting stronger, and America and Canada are thinking of uniting into one country called The United States of Canerica, but no major move has taken place yet. The economy is mixed right now with a 7.5% unemployment. It's getting worse. After a long wait, here are the results of the 2100 presidential election:

Electoral College:

531 EVs all together

Republicans: 315 EVs

Democrats: 216 EVs

266 EVs to win

Popular Vote:

Republicans: 51% of vote

Democrats: 48% of vote

(Note: We sold Idaho to Canada to pay for a war. Oklahoma has the most electoral votes because people were rapidly moving there because of massive oil discoveries. Oklahoma is also a swing state. The area between Nevada and Massachusetts is called the Minority Belt, that is why the Democrats did so well in this area.)

How does World War 3 and the future elections look like?

You decide!
I do not frequent the What-if board as much due to timelines like this. Users who post timelines similar to this one are definately trolls and should be banned from the site.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2013, 08:15:42 AM »

The media is a problem for Republicans. We have Fox News, talk radio and Drudge, but the bias in most media is overwhelming. You can't go on YouTube and search our politicians versus the Democrats:

george w. bush DID YOU MEAN:

george w. bush bloopers
george w. bush 9/11 speech
george w. bush library
george w. bush fool me once
george w. bush interview
george w. bush shoe attack

barack obama DID YOU MEAN:

barack obama vs. mitt romney
barack obama harlem shake
barack obama speech
barack obama rap
barack obama gangnam style
barack obama singing
barack obama correspondents dinner 2013
barack obama style

Both men were recent two-term U.S. Presidents, but Obama's searches seem in a much more favorable light than George W. Bush's search results.

Look at magazine covers. The weekend that Sarah Palin was selected as John McCain's running mate, before her convention speech or any sitdown interviews or debates, the cover of "Us Weekly" ran a scandalous, clearly negative cover of Palin. But just two months before, they ran a sweet cover of why "Michelle loves Barack" and how she "never misses the girls' recitals".

There could be a Democrat that says (hypothetically) that the Military is unpatriotic, or something like that. You'll never hear about it. Oh sure, FOX News will cover it, but all the liberals including many on this forum will laugh and mock it, "LOL @ FAUX NEWS".

But some stupid State Senator in Nebraska says something about abortion and it's heard by everyone. People who know nothing about politics are discussing it, and it affects their view of the Republican Party. It's like rigging a game, we never had a chance.

Search "Obama" on google image search and it comes up:

FUNNY  OBAMA LOGO  OBAMA SPEECH  OBAMA LOGO 2012

Search "Santorum" on google image search and it comes up:

BUTT  CRYING  ASS  LUBE

My question is, why? Almost 61 million Americans voted for the Republican nominee last fall, but if you go on the internet, you'd never know it.

How do we rise above such media bias? 

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2013, 08:22:27 AM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2013, 08:58:54 AM »

I'm still stuck on the whole "we sold Idaho to Canada to pay for war" thing

uwot
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2013, 12:40:41 PM »

It was more likely intended as a pun; Braves -> Braves, Red Sox -> Redskins

Nevertheless it's pretty clearly offensive nowadays and should probably be changed.

I'm not an expert on Native American history, but was it not racist back then? What if the Patriots changed their name to the New England N*****killers back in 1913?

It would be more like the New England Negroes (also, the Boston Patriots would not be founded for years to come).  It was a word that didn't have especially negative connotations back then, the most offensive would probably have been "Injun."  It's similar to Asians in that all the words used to describe them then would be considered offensive today ("Yellows," "Mongolians," "Chinamen...").
If you were actually talking about "braves" rather than "redskins", you would be making sense here.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2013, 12:54:52 PM »

"Braves" was hardly a neutral name to begin with. Ernest is correct; the name "Redskins" was chosen to appeal to fans of both the Boston Braves and the Boston Red Sox.

It's also a racist slur.

I wouldn't suggest otherwise.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2013, 06:39:03 AM »

I believe that some period of mandatory national service (while not necessarily military service) would do wonders to instill civic virtue in a generation of young men and women that is morally rudderless and lacks a strong work ethic or sense of patriotism.

Emphasis mine.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »

There are 13 items listed, but I've cut out all but my favorites...

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Once again, Dr. Cynic Jr. strikes.  Let's analyze:

1) No tapes of his conversations have been released, so he was being prudent

2) No terrorist has made it to the executive level

3) No bullet holes in his fat body

4) Uh, young muslims flew the planes into buildings.  Let's not forget that.

6) I'm sure some Al Qaeda chatter has been directed at getting the muslim hating Ailes

9) There's lots of lazy f[inks] that are no longer lazy thanks to this.  

10) It has to be true, why else would anyone hate this prince of the media?

Quit nitpicking, people.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »

Thank you, BRTD!!!  It was a lame attempt at humor, I agree. Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2013, 12:44:15 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »

As I believe Cathcon said in my poll on Vito Marcantonio, communist tool.  HP.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2013, 05:19:59 PM »

Any D who would vote R is an HP worse even than an actual GOP.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2013, 07:01:43 AM »

Why does it take more than 20 weeks to decide to have an abortion after being raped? What am I missing here?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2013, 07:15:04 AM »

What, I'm a stickler for party loyalty.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »

I voted for Reagan.  Obviously most of the presidents prior to FDR were good, since the government was small and could do little damage.  The one exception was Wilson - who is the second worst, after FDR.

Is this how one votes?  Just post?  Obviously I vote GOP.

Yes I can see that.....
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »

I voted for Reagan. Obviously most of the presidents prior to FDR were good, since the government was small and could do little damage. The one exception was Wilson - who is the second worst, after FDR.

Is this how one votes? Just post? Obviously I vote GOP.

Yes I can see that.....

That's Irony ore material - if you wanna use it, but plenty of posters change their ideological position, so quoting stuff from 2004 - when he was a Pub - isn't that relevant.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 06:43:10 PM by HockeyDude »

I voted for Reagan. Obviously most of the presidents prior to FDR were good, since the government was small and could do little damage. The one exception was Wilson - who is the second worst, after FDR.

Is this how one votes? Just post? Obviously I vote GOP.

Yes I can see that.....

That's Irony ore material - if you wanna use it, but plenty of posters change their ideological position, so quoting stuff from 2004 - when he was a Pub - isn't that relevant.

It's just funny.  And I'm not even calling it a bad post.  I'm just doing the ol' "reg. post in the Deluge" thing.  
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2013, 12:59:23 AM »

Prescott Bush and George Walker were notorious traders with Nazi Germany. Pretty scummy family altogether.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2013, 06:03:01 PM »

"According to measures of things liberals like in the abstract, Connecticut leads the nation in things liberals like in the abstract."

The so-called "Human Development Index," by the way, is one of the most hilarious bits of pseudo-econometrics ever devised.  Communists, whiny that Soviet Bloc countries were far behind their more-capitalist counterparts even in the liberal-Keynesian GDP measure (which includes any and all government purchases of goods and services, up to and including building stacks of $100 bills and setting them on fire), decided to create their own "alternative" index that would show that the Commies were really doing just as well, with such hilarious innovations as making educational enrollment and years of schooling - not educational outcomes, enrollment and years of schooling, whether it's preschool or college or students repeating a grade or students skipping grades - the main component, also in effect double-counting government spending on education.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2013, 03:42:59 AM »

I believe his African American support is a large part of his job approval. I genuinely believe that Obama could go on stage in front of an NAACP crowd and begin repeating words verbatim that George W. Bush or Ronald Reagan said, and spew conservatism and the audience would applaud. It doesn't matter what he does, it doesn't matter what he says, I think he's "one of them".
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2013, 03:47:13 AM »

What's absurd about that? That's exactly what Obama's been doing every day since his inauguration. Tongue
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »

Another double whammy:

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
I don't opppse him because he's black, I oppose him because he's a Democrat.

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html

Perhaps someone who was a leader of the civil rights movement understands the actual history of the civil rights movement better than some 19 year old kid reading things on the internet.
Believe me, I've read plenty of history in textbooks (even left-wing ones), and I think I have a pretty good grasp of the history of the civil rights movement.
This
So by that logic, since I've read a bunch of books on child soldiers in Africa, I am now an expert. To hell with college then, I'm going to the United Nations. Thanks, Oldiesfreak!

George W. Bush pardoning Scooter Libby ranks near the top of shameless crony pardons. Worse than Ford/Nixon.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »

Another double whammy:

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
I don't opppse him because he's black, I oppose him because he's a Democrat.

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html

Perhaps someone who was a leader of the civil rights movement understands the actual history of the civil rights movement better than some 19 year old kid reading things on the internet.
Believe me, I've read plenty of history in textbooks (even left-wing ones), and I think I have a pretty good grasp of the history of the civil rights movement.
This
So by that logic, since I've read a bunch of books on child soldiers in Africa, I am now an expert. To hell with college then, I'm going to the United Nations. Thanks, Oldiesfreak!

George W. Bush pardoning Scooter Libby ranks near the top of shameless crony pardons. Worse than Ford/Nixon.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »

Oldiesfreak should be banned from posting in the deluges/goldmines/galleries.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2013, 10:59:33 PM by Nhoj »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=175256.msg3771593
HockeyDudes posts in particular
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 86  
« previous next »