FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 - Official Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:50:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 - Official Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 - Official Discussion Thread  (Read 10109 times)
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« on: June 04, 2013, 12:08:35 AM »

I'll have to reschedule the visits to my parents. Just hope traffic don't get unbearably chaotic.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:07:58 AM »

I'll have to reschedule the visits to my parents. Just hope traffic don't get unbearably chaotic.

Oh, I can't imagine it being that bad.

They live near the stadium. It took me one and a half hour to drive the 6 miles that lead me there, last game.

Anyway, first game here is Nigeria vs. Tahiti. A great rally. Guess it will drive a very huge crowd. Second is Japan vs. Mexico. Yeah, you're right. It won't be that bad. Maybe I can have some sushi with chilli.

batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 06:15:02 PM »

The chance the demonstrations have of sending the cup away from Brazil is zero. Any such discussions should have been made four years ago. The investments were already done, now we've got to work hard to make them pay back. If the tournament is taken to another country, it will be disrespectful to the Brazilian taxpayer.
The strategy to menace it, relating the spending with the ones needed in healthcare and education, was very powerful and efficacious, OTOH, so, expect the demonstrators rallying on every stadium's neighbourhood.

Next game is here, we'll see what happens.

On another note...
What do you folks suggest for dinner, Capeletti or Lasagna? (Pizza can't be voted, once it is a known Brazilian typical food, as Macaroni also is  Grin )

batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 11:51:31 AM »

It`s really joyful to see a fan of the team which settled the boring way as the most efficient way complaining about the dominance of boredom...

Anyway, here are my predictions:

Italy 1 x 1 Uruguay (Italy wins on penalties)

Brazil 0 x 0 Spain (Spain wins on penalties)

Unfortunely, there isn't any Spanish style salumeria in BH, but I've bought some pata negra ham and a tempranillo. Man, I could live feeding only on this.
Hope some country develops an efficacious not-boring style before 2018.

batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »

We'll see, we'll see.
Anyway, it was a very nice game for yellow Argentina.

Back to serious talk: the game was won when everyone gave a crap to the ing FIFA national anthem disfiguring and kept singing the verse 'till its end.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »

Sunday games at 16:00 is the norm. I found really odd this final was scheduled to 19:00. That's unusual for weekends. At least, no game will be played at the usual 21:00 on weekdays, and only a few will be at 19:00.
Anyway, UTC -3 shouldn't be that bad for Europeans - just 1h ahead South Africa. Don't be spoiled folks!
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »

I woke up in the middle of the night so many times in 2002, I can't even remember one good sleeping night, that july. Also, all those games in the middle of the afternoon, on weekdays, are pretty annoying when we have competitions in Europe.
That's the nice thing when you like a world class sport. Sure, baseball or gaelic football fans (not to mention rugby with protections) doesn't have this problem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies