Do "nice guys finish last"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:35:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Do "nice guys finish last"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do "nice guys finish last"?  (Read 9380 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: June 09, 2013, 08:26:03 AM »

I read the title and I expect a trainwreck. I've only read the first page though.

On relationships, lots of women like confidence but it's far from as universal as some of you seem to think. There is generally a lot of conflating of different concepts here as well. Confidence, being nice, being shy, being yourself and so on are all different things. They're neither synonyms nor antonyms.

In life, it depends on society. Western society is not typically structured to punish niceness that much. Sure, if you want to be president of the US you may not be able to afford being too nice. But nice people generally do well for themselves in life. They get great partners, careers and so on.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:24:57 PM »

I have an encouraging anecdote on this actually. I was with this girl and we came back late from a museum where there was only the two of us and some old lady left, so we traveled with her back to the city. I made polite conversation all the way with the old lady about her grandchildren and whatnot.

Once me and the girl got inside her door (I was staying at her place), she told me that she was impressed by how nice I had been to this old lady and that it turned her on a lot and she wanted to do me now.

(to be fair, this was not the first time or anything, but still. Being nice does not need be a turn-off. Tongue )
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »

This thread is just lovely. Aside form the last page which seems to be nearly of substance, this thread is largely comprised of people calling each other sexist and so on. God Bless America (and all the other countries these posters hail from). I guess frustration with not getting a job makes you a communist, and being annoyed at one's priest from time to time is indicative of atheism.

Well, any thread concerning women will bring out a lot of sexism, so...

http://femfreq.tumblr.com/post/52673540142/twitter-vs-female-protagonists-in-video-games
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »

Some women like bad boys, most women like men who are 'confident' and some women like insecure guys. Everyone needs to find a way to find romantic partners as well as friends and there is not much use in blaming society for it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies