Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:19:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 163978 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: July 03, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »

I know it was me, Inks.  Do you not understand what an "accidental touching" is on a small screen iPhone?  I locked it, but I certainly had no intention of locking it.  I don't see why such a fuss is being made over something that is purely an accident?  I will abide by the rule, though, that the next lock closes the Update book.  That part, I agree with.  I just don't see why a big fuss over an accident.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1251 on: July 03, 2013, 10:14:02 PM »

"accidental touching"

lol.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1252 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:31 PM »

Don't tell me you have NEVER touched a button you didn't intend to touch?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1253 on: July 03, 2013, 10:41:43 PM »

That's not what I'm laughing at. "Accidental touching" is another one to add to our collection of your great phrases including "brief relaxation" and "loving on kids"
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1254 on: July 03, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »

Krista seems nice. I could see her and Bushie together. Then you all could adopt those children!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1255 on: July 03, 2013, 11:21:52 PM »

Krista seems nice. I could see her and Bushie together. Then you all could adopt those children!

She's a great lady, and I love her to death as a Sister-in-Christ, but to put it in a great, elaborate, well thought out answer - "No".  She is definitely not my type and I seriously doubt I am her type.  She also lives 90 minutes away from me.  I cannot see either of us being totally happy with each other.  Plus, I think she's taken anyway.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1256 on: July 03, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »

I thought being strong in Christ was first when finding a lady? I wouldn't discount her! She may be the key to your future, Bushie! I think I speak for us all when I say we'd love to see you meet a nice girl who will unlock the door to adopting your children!

You both seem to love them to death!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1257 on: July 03, 2013, 11:26:11 PM »

That's not what I'm laughing at. "Accidental touching" is another one to add to our collection of your great phrases including "brief relaxation" and "loving on kids"

Ahh, okay. Smiley

Free pass given!

Actually, the term "loving on" is not a Jeff-generated term.  Maybe in terms of the forum it is, but in Christian circles, the term is used frequently to mean ministering to people, showing them how much we care, talking with them, listening to them, praying with them, enjoying their company, giving them something as simple as a cold cup of water on a hot afternoon or evening.  There is a great adage that says "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1258 on: July 03, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »

I thought being strong in Christ was first when finding a lady? I wouldn't discount her! She may be the key to your future, Bushie! I think I speak for us all when I say we'd love to see you meet a nice girl who will unlock the door to adopting your children!

You both seem to love them to death!

One thing you must know.  If we got married and moved to Kenya, we would not only adopt 2 kids, but we would have 3 kids.  She has a new sponsor girl that she calls her "daughter" just like I call my sponsor children my "son" and my "daughter".

The love of God and of others is paramount, but there are other things I'm looking for, such as do they hold employment, can they drive, how far do they live (fairly minor detail).  This is why I am not going to look until I have gainful employment so as not to not practice what I preach.  I can't expect her to hold employment if I don't do it myself.  The list is not all-inclusive.  There are some rules I haven't mentioned.  She has employment and does have a car, but like I said she lives an hour and a half away.  That's a little far for a relationship.  Plus, we butted heads a few times in Kenya.  We did butt heads like a normal husband/wife, though.  Mostly, being the gentleman I try to be, I was on the receiving end and didn't counter with much.  I respect her too much as a lady to let the quarrel last.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1259 on: July 03, 2013, 11:37:36 PM »

OMG!

You guys are prefect, Bushie! Go after this precious girl while she is still available! Don't let her be the one that got away! It's the worst feeling!

Distance isn't that big of a deal if you all love each other as Christ loves his church. Think about it. How badly do you want to give your and her kids a good home? I mean, this is the most logical thing you could ever do. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith (and logic) and go for it. I'll even pay for your first date.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1260 on: July 03, 2013, 11:47:01 PM »

wait hold on you can't accidentally lock something bushie

I just tested on my iPhone and it asks you a confirmation when you click the delete button so your claim that it was an accident is lies

Sad
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1261 on: July 03, 2013, 11:49:11 PM »

I just tested on my iPhone and it asks you a confirmation when you click the delete button so your claim that it was an accident is lies

Is it the same when you try to lock a thread?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1262 on: July 03, 2013, 11:57:27 PM »

Is it the same when you try to lock a thread?

yes thanks morden that's what i meant

sorry, i am drunk Sad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1263 on: July 04, 2013, 12:18:25 AM »

Wait a second who is this Krista lady
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1264 on: July 04, 2013, 12:23:07 AM »

Clearly delusional too... match made in heaven...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1265 on: July 04, 2013, 05:18:47 AM »

I know it was me, Inks.  Do you not understand what an "accidental touching" is on a small screen iPhone?  I locked it, but I certainly had no intention of locking it.  I don't see why such a fuss is being made over something that is purely an accident?  I will abide by the rule, though, that the next lock closes the Update book.  That part, I agree with.  I just don't see why a big fuss over an accident.

Because it's a bit absurd that you didn't even try to unlock it or ask someone for help.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1266 on: July 04, 2013, 05:38:06 AM »

Ahh, okay. Smiley

Free pass given!

Actually, the term "loving on" is not a Jeff-generated term.  Maybe in terms of the forum it is, but in Christian circles, the term is used frequently to mean ministering to people, showing them how much we care, talking with them, listening to them, praying with them, enjoying their company, giving them something as simple as a cold cup of water on a hot afternoon or evening.  There is a great adage that says "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care."

I have never heard the phrase "loving on kids" in a Christian circle.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1267 on: July 04, 2013, 07:19:32 AM »

Because it's a bit absurd that you didn't even try to unlock it or ask someone for help.

I didn't even realize it until later.  I was closing up the forum for the time being and I didn't realize I had locked it until a little later as I wasn't paying attention.  My fat fingers accidentally pressed the wrong button accidentally.  I was trying to enlarge the screen to read it one final time before I closed it up for a while, and I was exhausted so I didn't pay attention to the fact there was no reply or quote button.  And, BK, it didn't ask me for a confirmation when I pressed it.  It was purely an accident.  Nothing more.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1268 on: July 04, 2013, 07:21:59 AM »

Ahh, okay. Smiley

Free pass given!

I have never heard the phrase "loving on kids" in a Christian circle.

Really?  I guess it's more common in Oklahoma and the Bible Belt, I don't know.  All I know is I hear a bunch of people around Oklahoma use that term.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1269 on: July 04, 2013, 07:25:29 AM »

Bushie lied about something? Well, I'm shocked.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1270 on: July 04, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »

Another benefit from the trip is I lost 7.5 pounds while I was gone.  I had resurfaced to 268.5 before I left, but now I'm down to 261.0.  I'm going to start today to keep that weight off and try to lose even more.  I'm going to start by not going hog wild on the grilled hamburgers for dinner.  Instead of having my usual three hamburgers, I will try to hold to just two.  I can eat the "third" hamburger for lunch tomorrow.  They're good for leftovers.  Also, my mother bought me a nice Dallas Cowboy glass to drink water.  I am going to continue my water intake from the trip where I was doing 6-8 glasses a day, easily.  When I'm not drinking water, I am sticking with Diet Dr Pepper.  I may even get out there and walk with J.J. a bit.  I'm not entirely decided on the walking, yet, as I pulled a muscle in my lower back two weeks ago and it is still really hurting.  It made the 5 plane rides between Kisumu and Oklahoma City real fun.  It hurts to even stand with no extra weight in my hands.  It also hurts to walk, so I'm not 100% sure on the walking, yet.  I may be spending most of the day on the heating pad.  I had my mom apply some Aspercreme to my lower back last night, and I'll do that again tonight.  It kind of feels like it's extending down into my hip.  I may call the doctor Monday and make sure it's just a pulled muscle, not a ruptured disc or anything more severe.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1271 on: July 04, 2013, 09:26:18 AM »

Another benefit from the trip is I lost 7.5 pounds while I was gone.  I had resurfaced to 268.5 before I left, but now I'm down to 261.0.  I'm going to start today to keep that weight off and try to lose even more.  I'm going to start by not going hog wild on the grilled hamburgers for dinner.  Instead of having my usual three hamburgers, I will try to hold to just two.  I can eat the "third" hamburger for lunch tomorrow.  They're good for leftovers.  Also, my mother bought me a nice Dallas Cowboy glass to drink water.  I am going to continue my water intake from the trip where I was doing 6-8 glasses a day, easily.  When I'm not drinking water, I am sticking with Diet Dr Pepper.  I may even get out there and walk with J.J. a bit.  I'm not entirely decided on the walking, yet, as I pulled a muscle in my lower back two weeks ago and it is still really hurting.  It made the 5 plane rides between Kisumu and Oklahoma City real fun.  It hurts to even stand with no extra weight in my hands.  It also hurts to walk, so I'm not 100% sure on the walking, yet.  I may be spending most of the day on the heating pad.  I had my mom apply some Aspercreme to my lower back last night, and I'll do that again tonight.  It kind of feels like it's extending down into my hip.  I may call the doctor Monday and make sure it's just a pulled muscle, not a ruptured disc or anything more severe.

While we're on this subject, 'cleaning up the meat' was also pretty great, although I'm not sure it was as memorable as either 'loving on kids' or 'briefly relaxing'.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1272 on: July 04, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »

She's a beautiful lady who also has a daughter who lives at a Kenyan orphanage. Despite living 90 minutes apart, it seems as if God has placed her on this earth for bushie to date and eventually wed so the two of them can adopt their children.

I do hope bushie hooks like lady before its too late!

Happy Independence Day!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1273 on: July 04, 2013, 09:37:22 AM »

I did tell my Dad about my desire to move to Kenya last night.  So, he knows about it now and is okay with it.  He knows it won't be for another 2-3 years, but he's okay with it and he acted like he's known about it, which he has.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1274 on: July 04, 2013, 11:34:02 AM »

Plus, we butted heads a few times in Kenya.  We did butt heads like a normal husband/wife, though.  Mostly, being the gentleman I try to be, I was on the receiving end and didn't counter with much.

Is this a euphemism?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies