Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:34:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 163988 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: July 08, 2013, 02:25:31 PM »

I doubt it, considering the Bushie family aversion to looking for penises.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1376 on: July 08, 2013, 05:19:12 PM »

Guys, calm down.  There are way bigger fish to fry than what sex JJ is.  There is absolutely no need to beat me up over something so trivial.

Gender is something trivial?  Wow... pro-gay marriage Bushie really relaxed a bit. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1377 on: July 08, 2013, 05:20:06 PM »

Bushie. Does the dog or does the dog not have a penis? Does the dog or does the dog not have rows of nipples along the underbelly? There is no reason why you or anybody should need a vet to figure this out unless there is something very odd indeed about this dog.

I have nipples, Nathan.  Could you milk me?

I was under the impression that the nipples were significantly less prominent in male dogs. That might be by false analogy to my cat, though, since it's been a few months since I've actually been around a dog.

In any case the point stands. Bushie, this is not that difficult, and it is not unimportant.

The fact that you didn't get that joke made me very very sad...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1378 on: July 08, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

and bushie...whatever sex jj is...please get it fixed!  no f'ing excuse not to.

and you never answered my question...does jj stand for jeff jr?

Definitely we're going to get her fixed.  We're taking her to the vet for the first time tomorrow at 1630, and we'll ask the vet when we should get her fixed, because we've heard 6 months, but we're going to ask to make sure.  Six months of age would put it sometime around November 1.  It is very crucial especially for being mostly an outdoor dog.

Yes, JJ does stand for Jeff Junior.  Mom, Dad, and I call me the "dad" and them the "grandparents" of JJ.  Jeff Junior sounds like a boy's name, but it could work, and in this instance will work, for the girl.  We refer to her as JJ and hardly ever mention the words Jeff Junior, but that's what it stands for.

We need to work on some kind of safety system for JJ. Maybe an electronic dog collar or something.  Today, she was brought back to our front door by a couple young girls saying she was chasing them down the road.  JJ is harmless and wouldn't bite anyone, but we want to protect her and keep her from getting underneath someone's wheels.  That's another question we're going to ask the vet tomorrow evening is what they recommend for safety.

This dog is going to end up dead within a year, and it's going to be so sad.  You really should just give him/her away to someone who's fit to care for a dog.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1379 on: July 08, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »

Jeff is one of the most cruel and heartless guys I've ever come across. This whole thing with this dog is just heartbreaking. She's going to be dead in a few months, and the saddest part is, Jeff won't care at all. He loves himself far too much to care about anyone else.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1380 on: July 08, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »

Bushie. Does the dog or does the dog not have a penis? Does the dog or does the dog not have rows of nipples along the underbelly? There is no reason why you or anybody should need a vet to figure this out unless there is something very odd indeed about this dog.

I was under the impression that the nipples were significantly less prominent in male dogs. That might be by false analogy to my cat, though, since it's been a few months since I've actually been around a dog.

In any case the point stands. Bushie, this is not that difficult, and it is not unimportant.

Fun fact: I had a cat named Jinx, whose name was derived solely from this movie.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1381 on: July 08, 2013, 06:05:08 PM »

Jeff is one of the most cruel and heartless guys I've ever come across. This whole thing with this dog is just heartbreaking. She's going to be dead in a few months, and the saddest part is, Jeff won't care at all. He loves himself far too much to care about anyone else.

He will see the dog's death as god punishing him for not focusing on kenya.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1382 on: July 08, 2013, 06:10:58 PM »

Fun fact: I had a cat named Jinx, whose name was derived solely from this movie.

You've restored my hope in the forum!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1383 on: July 08, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »

He will see the dog's death as god punishing him for not focusing on kenya.

And that's the saddest part. Nothing is his fault. He takes no responsibility for anything he does.

Normally I am ok with his antics. Yes, I think he needs to hit rock bottom before he will ever live a meaningful life, but I know that will take time.

But now he is messing with another life and it's just sickening to me. And he wants to be a father? He's not even fit to take care of a dog or himself. If he was given those two Kenyan kids, they'd also be dead in a year or so. He'd "love on them" for as long as he could to make himself happy and let them fend for themselves otherwise, like he is doing to his poor puppy.

And seriously, his family needs to stop coddling him. He's now the dog's daddy too? All of this is just too much for me. I can't believe human beings act like this.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1384 on: July 08, 2013, 06:31:02 PM »

Ignoring the nonsense of the past 6 posts save one, we did take little miss JJ to the vet this evening.  She is a yellow lab, possibly with a slight mix.  We got her a vaccination today mainly for heart worms as well as a salve of some kind of flea and tick prevention.  We'll take her in for her puppy shots every 3 weeks through mid-September at which time we'll get her fixed.  The vet recommends getting her fixed at 4 months or under 50 lbs whichever comes first.  She is already 12 lbs and growing rapidly.  She's grown just since I've been home.  We'll get her an electronic collar to keep her safe from getting out on the road.  The package we looked at says we can give her a radius of up to 16 ft to roam where if she ventures outside the specified range, it will deliver a "safe, static correction" (according to the box) and will have her trained within 2 weeks.  I really don't want to do that, but I don't want her to get run over, either.  This dog is safe in our hands.  There is no way we're mistreating her.  To think so is just incorrect.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1385 on: July 08, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »

Wow... 800 square feet.  Y'all sure are being generous with the amount of freedom you're giving the dog.

Of course you're mistreating her.  Heck, you're mistreating yourself.  I'd like to see you prove that you're actually capable of treating a living thing the way it is supposed to be treated.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: July 08, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »

Wow... 800 square feet.  Y'all sure are being generous with the amount of freedom you're giving the dog.

Of course you're mistreating her.  Heck, you're mistreating yourself.  I'd like to see you prove that you're actually capable of treating a living thing the way it is supposed to be treated.

Actually wait.  Take that back.  The box says 1/2-3/4 acre.  It was the other box that said 16 ft.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1387 on: July 08, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »

Changing the subject, but I was just looking at the calendar and my countdown app and I have 675 days until I return to Kenya for the Summer 2015 (15 May 2015) and 875 days until my goal date of moving to Kenya (1 December 2015).  Time will go very fast!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1388 on: July 08, 2013, 07:53:19 PM »

My pursuit of a certificate in Computer Aided Drafting and Design - Mechanical will commence in 27 days on Monday, 5 August 2013.

Over the course of the next four weeks, I am going to taper my naps down to just weekend activities, preferably just Sunday's.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1389 on: July 08, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »

Bushie, all that requires money which you don't have. How much are you stealing from your parents this time with a fake promise to pay it back when you can't get a job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1390 on: July 08, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »

Bushie, all that requires money which you don't have. How much are you stealing from your parents this time with a fake promise to pay it back when you can't get a job?

If you've read my posts since I've gotten back.  I am looking for a part time/evening job right now so I can take over my kids, pay down my bills, and start saving up for the move.  I will go entirely on my own, not with any of Mom and Dad's support unless they choose to chip in without my asking.  That will be on them.  When I finish this certificate in May 2014, I will turn a part time job into a full time CAD job probably here in Oklahoma City while I continue to pay down my bills and get closer to becoming debt-free before the move.  All I need to do for the Summer 2015 is to put back $250 every month between July 2013 and February 2015 and I'll be just about there.  That is impossible without a job, you are absolutely correct about that.  That's why I am looking in the paper right now for a part time/evening job right now while I go to school to help out.  Even if I have to work fast food like Subway, I'm going to get some kind of income.  I hope to be started working before I start school.  As far as the school goes Mom and Dad are going to pay for it since we can split it into two payments.  It's not that much really, just $2,600 for the entire year and we can pay $1,300 in August and $1,300 in January.  I've got things mapped out.  If you recall from previous posts and I think even Season 7 I was going to wait to even get a job until June 2014, but I realize now that I cannot do that and expect to get to Kenya before January 2016.  Inks' prodding had quite a bit to do with that change of heart, as well.  Before I left for Africa, I was planning on waiting until 2017-2018 to move to Kenya.  While in Africa, I was told the volunteer homes will be ready for me as early as Autumn 2015.  They should break ground on them by Autumn 2014 and these structures tend to take a year to go up.  That's why I am now thinking December 1, 2015 or January 1, 2016.  I'm leaning more toward December 1.  That's all I'm waiting on right now are the volunteer homes.  If I were to get a call next month telling me the volunteer homes are ready, I would have a hard time not raising funds immediately to move down there before the end of 2013.  The homes have not broken ground, yet, and it will be late 2014 at the earliest before they do, and probably a year after that before they are inhabitable.  I will also try to use either my CAD certificate or my E-Commerce degree down there to support myself and if the volunteer homes are not ready by December 1, 2015, then I can always get an apartment for about $600-$700 American Dollars a month according to a missionary family who already lives in Kisumu.  Now, if I get closer and find out the volunteer homes won't be ready in Fall 2015, but will in Summer 2016, I will wait here in the States and go down there.  I will only get an apartment if the homes are not ready until 2017 or later.  I feel called to be down there in late 2015 in some capacity.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1391 on: July 08, 2013, 08:56:01 PM »

I might have missed it, but are you planning to live with your parents right up until you move to Kenya?  What happens to Blondie when you move out?  Are your parents up for taking care of a dog by themselves for the next ~15 years, or however long she might live?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1392 on: July 08, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »

I might have missed it, but are you planning to live with your parents right up until you move to Kenya?  What happens to Blondie when you move out?  Are your parents up for taking care of a dog by themselves for the next ~15 years, or however long she might live?

I'll probably get an apartment sometime next Spring.  No, you didn't miss it, because I hadn't talked about it recently.  JJ will stay with Mom and Dad when I move out.  She has more room to roam here, and it would be cheaper than paying a pet deposit at an apartment.  Plus, being a yellow lab she would likely be too big for an apartment.  She'll be safer and happier with my parents.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1393 on: July 08, 2013, 09:06:09 PM »

I might have missed it, but are you planning to live with your parents right up until you move to Kenya?  What happens to Blondie when you move out?  Are your parents up for taking care of a dog by themselves for the next ~15 years, or however long she might live?

I'll probably get an apartment sometime next Spring.  No, you didn't miss it, because I hadn't talked about it recently.  JJ will stay with Mom and Dad when I move out.  She has more room to roam here, and it would be cheaper than paying a pet deposit at an apartment.  Plus, being a yellow lab she would likely be too big for an apartment.  She'll be safer and happier with my parents.

If there isn't "room" for her to stay in the house now, surely there will be once you move out, no?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1394 on: July 08, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »

If there isn't "room" for her to stay in the house now, surely there will be once you move out, no?

She already comes in on the hottest of days (usually over 93 degrees).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1395 on: July 08, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »

And in the winter when it's freezing outside?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1396 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:54 PM »

And in the winter when it's freezing outside?

She'll come in then, too.  We'll wait until winter to determine the temperature cutoff.  It'll probably be subfreezing temperatures.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1397 on: July 08, 2013, 10:13:02 PM »

She isn't able to run free in the street is she?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1398 on: July 08, 2013, 10:25:13 PM »

On the busy street a tenth of a mile away, no, but right now she can get on our neighborhood street which isn't busy, at all.  Still, that's why we will likely get that electronic dog collar that will give her 1/2 to 3/4 acres to roam.  Dad will likely get that tomorrow at lunch.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1399 on: July 08, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »

Okay, I asked several dog owners of my acquaintance, and generally speaking the nipples are significantly less prominent on male dogs, even though they're obviously still present. I thought this was the case but I was less sure than with cats.

I promise I'll drop this subject now.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies