Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:34:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164017 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: July 09, 2013, 08:52:35 AM »

Are you bringing the dog inside during this next week?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1426 on: July 09, 2013, 08:52:56 AM »

Why is everyone insulting me and calling me a bad owner just because she's an outdoor dog?  People all across America have outdoor dogs in worse weather and are not accused of being bad owners.  why am i singled out?  We bring her in when we think is appropriate.  She's happy and healthy with us.  Most of all, she's safe.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1427 on: July 09, 2013, 08:54:04 AM »

Are you bringing the dog inside during this next week?

Yes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1428 on: July 09, 2013, 08:56:36 AM »

Baseless? I told you I didn't care what you all did in the past until you start hurting the lives of others. As long as you all kept your destructive lives to yourselves, that was okay.

You are not taking care of this dog. Instead of following advice of others once again, your hubris and pride are getting the best of you and that poor animal will suffer because of it. 

The only person I actually feel sorry for in your family is your father. I don't mean to insult them, but when I am hearing of a blatant mistreating of an animal just so their 31 year old child can call himself its daddy, I can't help but get upset, you know, because I have a heart.

What heart?  I have seen no heart. All I've seen is an eagerness to insult both a man and his family.  The dog is not going to die just because she's an outdoor dog.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1429 on: July 09, 2013, 08:57:07 AM »

Because you're keeping an 8 week old puppy outside when it's 100+ degrees, that's why. I don't care what "everyone else" is doing. That's no excuse. If everyone else is doing the same thing, then they are also mistreating their dogs. This is your story, you bring it here and everywhere else, so we are allowed to comment on it when we want to.

Of course you won't take any of our advice because, for some warped reason, taking advice is not something you were taught to do, but we will give it anyway, because I think most of us here have the best intentions.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1430 on: July 09, 2013, 08:57:42 AM »

The dog is not going to die just because she's an outdoor dog.

At the temperature range you mentioned earlier, it will.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1431 on: July 09, 2013, 08:59:59 AM »

Because you're keeping an 8 week old puppy outside when it's 100+ degrees, that's why. I don't care what "everyone else" is doing. That's no excuse. If everyone else is doing the same thing, then they are also mistreating their dogs. This is your story, you bring it here and everywhere else, so we are allowed to comment on it when we want to.

Of course you won't take any of our advice because, for some warped reason, taking advice is not something you were taught to do, but we will give it anyway, because I think most of us here have the best intentions.

Do you not hear me? The dog comes in when its in the 90's.  the temps I gave are not hard rules. They do fluctuate.  The dog is fine.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1432 on: July 09, 2013, 09:00:58 AM »

Baseless? I told you I didn't care what you all did in the past until you start hurting the lives of others. As long as you all kept your destructive lives to yourselves, that was okay.

You are not taking care of this dog. Instead of following advice of others once again, your hubris and pride are getting the best of you and that poor animal will suffer because of it. 

The only person I actually feel sorry for in your family is your father. I don't mean to insult them, but when I am hearing of a blatant mistreating of an animal just so their 31 year old child can call himself its daddy, I can't help but get upset, you know, because I have a heart.

What heart?  I have seen no heart. All I've seen is an eagerness to insult both a man and his family.  The dog is not going to die just because she's an outdoor dog.

The problem is, you take advice as "insults" before they spiral into insults. The problem is, you antagonize people to where they want to insult you and then cry foul.

You must be aware, and maybe I am giving you way too much credit, that people are passionate about their dogs. These animals are part of our families and they consider their owners part of their pack. When we hear about someone keeping one outdoors in all of the elements, especially at 6-8 weeks old, alone, it upsets us. I am upset over this.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1433 on: July 09, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »

Did you tell the vet that Blondie J was an "outdoor dog"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1434 on: July 09, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »

I know I'm real sensitive about things, but I just don't like being called a horrible owner just because the dog stays outdoors 85% of the time.  I love this dog and I'm doing the best I know how (which admittedly may not be very good, we haven't had a puppy in 19 years).  If she needs to come in, she comes in.  If it gets too warm, we're not going to let her suffer.  When she's not inside, she stays under the porch where there is a good shade.  Her dog house is on the porch as are her food and water.  During the hot weather, when she's not inside, we change her water every two hours and feed her 3 times a day.  We are taking her in regularly for her shots and we have another appointment on 7/29.  I am listening to the advice given here.  We'll lower our temperature threshold to 85 and raise the winter to at least 40.  She'll be fine.  I appreciate the concern, just don't appreciate the insults.  The phrase "you might try this" would go a long way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1435 on: July 09, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »

Yes, and we were not given a temperature range.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1436 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:50 AM »

I've got errands to run in town, so I will chat later.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1437 on: July 09, 2013, 09:19:09 AM »

He probably figured you weren't insane enough to use the range YOU concocted out of thin air.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1438 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:38 AM »

He probably figured you weren't insane enough to use the range YOU concocted out of thin air.

As I said, those numbers aren't hard and fast rules. We'll probably lower the threshold to around 85 and raise the winter threshold to around 40.  That's not quite what the website recommends, but it is better than 93 and 32.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1439 on: July 09, 2013, 12:13:54 PM »

As I said, those numbers aren't hard and fast rules. We'll probably lower the threshold to around 85 and raise the winter threshold to around 40.  That's not quite what the website recommends, but it is better than 93 and 32.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1440 on: July 09, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »

One thing you have to remember is that with temperatures even at the threshold of 85 and 40, the dog might as well become an indoor dog as at least 300 days each year are above or below those marks.  The more the dog stays indoors, the less exercise she gets by being able to run around outside.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1441 on: July 09, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »

The more the dog stays indoors, the less exercise she gets by being able to run around outside.

The irony mine just collapsed. RIP to all those lost in the rubble.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1442 on: July 09, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »

Someone needs to get bgwah in here...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1443 on: July 09, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »

Today is one of those days where I think Bushie is just some elaborate troll. He's suddenly concerned about fitness?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1444 on: July 09, 2013, 12:31:10 PM »

Dogs have to be kept outside or they won't be in shape? LOL. I don't keep my dog outside all the time and she's perfectly in shape.

Of course, Bushie isn't even disciplined in regard to his own eating habits so I assume he is absolutely unable manage another living creature's eating habits.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1445 on: July 09, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »

On another topic, I got my errands out of the way for the day.  I feel like I could take another nap, but I'm trying to have the discipline to stay awake today and be a little more productive like preparing my Bible Study for tomorrow night and preparing for Vacation Bible School next week.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1446 on: July 09, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »

On another topic, I got my errands out of the way for the day.  I feel like I could take another nap, but I'm trying to have the discipline to stay awake today and be a little more productive like preparing my Bible Study for tomorrow night and preparing for Vacation Bible School next week.

Dude, kids nap when they're 5......you're 31.  Don't nap except on weekends.  We all get by not napping because we have jobs or school......just don't nap.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1447 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »

Someone needs to call the SPCA on him. I'm not usually one to do that, but waiting till its over 93 degrees and below freezing to take the poor dog inside is mistreatment. I really don't care if it doesn't fit in with Bushie's definition of mistreatment.

It doesn't really fit anyone's idea of mistreatment between the coasts and outside the large cities, Duke.  My god, its a dog.  It can live outside.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1448 on: July 09, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »

Someone needs to call the SPCA on him. I'm not usually one to do that, but waiting till its over 93 degrees and below freezing to take the poor dog inside is mistreatment. I really don't care if it doesn't fit in with Bushie's definition of mistreatment.

It doesn't really fit anyone's idea of mistreatment between the coasts and outside the large cities, Duke.  My god, its a dog.  It can live outside.

In the days when dogs lived outside routinely, they simply died young.....very young.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1449 on: July 09, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »

I feel like I could take another nap, but I'm trying to have the discipline to stay awake today

Dude, kids nap when they're 5......you're 31.  Don't nap except on weekends.  We all get by not napping because we have jobs or school......just don't nap.

I nap all the time - on any single day I get up early, I nap.  There's nothing wrong with napping, and lots of older people do it.

In the days when dogs lived outside routinely, they simply died young.....very young.

I'm skeptical.  We had lots of dogs growing up, and every single one of them was an outdoor dog.  It was a farm for chrissakes.  I have no idea how long they lived, but they were after all dogs and not long-lived creatures - what is normal?  10 years?

Anyway, haven't any of you people seen a dog with its tongue hanging out?  That's how they cool themselves.  You'd think the canine race wouldn't have been able to survive till the invention of air-conditioning, the way you all carry on.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies