Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:46:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80]
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164018 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1975 on: July 22, 2013, 09:34:19 PM »

Are they still sick?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1976 on: July 23, 2013, 09:28:53 AM »

No, they have recovered nicely and are playing with their friends like kids should play with their friends - running, jumping, hollering, and all the rest.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1977 on: July 23, 2013, 11:24:11 AM »

No, they have recovered nicely and are playing with their friends like kids should play with their friends - running, jumping, hollering, and all the rest.

"Hollering" seems to be another favorite word of Bushie's. Anyone else notice that?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1978 on: July 23, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »

"Hollering" seems to be another favorite word of Bushie's. Anyone else notice that?

But do they holler while they are being loved on? That's the real question here.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1979 on: July 23, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »

bushie do you holler in church?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1980 on: July 23, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »

Yes, Bushie uses colorful language to get extra attention. Just like a 12 year old who has discovered how cool dropping the f bomb makes him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1981 on: July 23, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »

Yes, Bushie uses colorful language to get extra attention. Just like a 12 year old who has discovered how cool dropping the f bomb makes him.

The word "hollering" is a common, everyday word - if you're over 50.  I have a lot in common with that age group in terms of what type of music I prefer, what movies I prefer, my mindset, so a lot of times I will use their language.  Generally, it is so much cleaner and more respectful than the language of my generation.  Other words from "the greatest generation" that I use are "fooey", or "fiddle sticks", or "wrastling".  Yes, I say wrastling instead of wrestling!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1982 on: July 23, 2013, 01:57:03 PM »

No hollerin' in church for me.  Baptists don't holler in worship.  We usually just sit there quietly and reverently or stand and sing gently and calmly.  The most expressive we'll get is raising our hands or closing our eyes as we sing or as we listen to a song that we like, and that is only as the Holy Spirit moves in our worship.  When the song calls for it, we'll sing louder, but it is still generally calm.  The most we'll say during the sermon is a good ole' fashioned "Amen" or "That's right" when the preacher says a point we agree with.  We might say "Come on" when the preacher is driving home a point that the congregation needs to hear.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1983 on: July 23, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »

But do they holler while they are being loved on? That's the real question here.

No, generally, they just giggle or laugh or "love on" us back.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1984 on: July 23, 2013, 02:01:33 PM »

I am home from my errands of the day.  I had to pay a bill in town and then pick up my medicine and go by the grocery store.  It took 3 hours to do all I needed to do because the pharmacy was 30 miles from where I had to pay the bill in a separate city.  Altogether, I drove about 75 miles today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1985 on: July 23, 2013, 02:02:42 PM »

It's not to garner extra attention, its using language I use quite a bit in real life.
You've got to admit, though, "hollering" and "wrastling" are a lot cleaner and just sounds better than the f bomb every other word.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1986 on: July 23, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »

We have reached the end of Season VIII.  I am now going to lock Season VIII and will open Season IX shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies