Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 11:22:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 167268 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: June 18, 2013, 05:12:01 PM »

Changing the subject - again.  Lief, I am still a registered Democrat, but I think the country will be ready for the Republicans to take over January 2017.
Any particular reason? Do you think they have better ideas or that their ideas better fit where the country will be in 2016?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #726 on: June 18, 2013, 05:16:26 PM »

No, we aren't, because this isn't just some bullish*t story right now as usual. This isn't a "season" or an "episode" or a "story arc" or whatever. This is another living creature whose life you are affecting. This is more import then your lame attempts at weight loss or your fake children or your bumming around in Kenya or whatever the  you want us to "change the topic" to.

Please, for the love of whatever God you claim to believe in, if you're not willing to do anything to stop yourself from living a miserable life and dying an early death, at least don't put other creatures through the same.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #727 on: June 18, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »

Changing the subject - again.  Lief, I am still a registered Democrat, but I think the country will be ready for the Republicans to take over January 2017.
Any particular reason? Do you think they have better ideas or that their ideas better fit where the country will be in 2016?

I think its the natural ebb and flow of the country.  After 12 years of Republican leadership (Reagan and Bush), the country was ready for Clinton.  After 8 years of Clinton, the country was ready for Bush.  After 8 years of Bush, the country was ready for Obama.  After 8 years of Obama, the country will be ready for a Republican.  I tend to think of the American electorate like a pendulum.  It swings back and forth from right to left and back again.  Right now, the pendulum in on the left, but I can see it starting to swing back to the right again.  It's not that either party has better ideas than the other, which they don't.  They're just fresh ideas.  The country needs balance and so its good for party control to switch every 8-12 years.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #728 on: June 18, 2013, 05:26:27 PM »

This isn't "Little House on the Prairie." You can't just leave your puppy tied to your porch. You don't own a junkyard dog.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/DogTip_BackyardDogs.php

Comment?

Given your lack of discipline in taking care of yourself, I have strong doubts in your ability to treat this dog adequately. Obviously. Call this a personal attack or whatever. I don't care. I wouldn't care except this is about a well being other than your own.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #729 on: June 18, 2013, 05:35:44 PM »

Guys, Bushie is not a person who would abuse animals he told me on facebook that he is feeding him 2-3 times a day plus changing his water every 2-3 hours during the waking hours, and told me the dog acts very happy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #730 on: June 18, 2013, 05:37:23 PM »

Guys, Bushie is not a person who would abuse animals he told me on facebook that he is feeding him 2-3 times a day plus changing his water every 2-3 hours during the waking hours, and told me the dog acts very happy.

Bushie is also someone who thinks increasing the amount of sloppy joes you eat from three to four counts as a diet. He sometimes has issues with judgment.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #731 on: June 18, 2013, 05:43:54 PM »

Bushie is also someone who thinks increasing the amount of sloppy joes you eat from three to four counts as a diet. He sometimes has issues with judgment.
so are u saying his feeding the puppy 2-3 times a day and  changing his water every 2-3 hours during the waking hours is a poor Judgement, i have a pet Shi Tzu I know what im talking about and bushie is being a good owner
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #732 on: June 18, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2013, 05:55:45 PM by VP Duke »

Read my post above. Simply feeding a dog is not a good way to keep him happy. They are social creatures. They need camaraderie to be happy. Being isolated makes them think they are unloved. There are plenty of bad owners that just feed the dog and leave them alone outdoors in all kinds of elements.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #733 on: June 18, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »

I think its the natural ebb and flow of the country.  After 12 years of Republican leadership (Reagan and Bush), the country was ready for Clinton.  After 8 years of Clinton, the country was ready for Bush.  After 8 years of Bush, the country was ready for Obama.  After 8 years of Obama, the country will be ready for a Republican.  I tend to think of the American electorate like a pendulum.  It swings back and forth from right to left and back again.  Right now, the pendulum in on the left, but I can see it starting to swing back to the right again.  It's not that either party has better ideas than the other, which they don't.  They're just fresh ideas.  The country needs balance and so its good for party control to switch every 8-12 years.
So you changed your avatar because you want to be on the bandwagon when you expect the country to elect a GOP president? Ok.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #734 on: June 18, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »

I really think you guys are going too far.  It does not sound like Bushie is abusing this puppy dog.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #735 on: June 18, 2013, 05:59:37 PM »

So you changed your avatar because you want to be on the bandwagon when you expect the country to elect a GOP president? Ok.

Bushie has no political ideology so it makes sense.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #736 on: June 18, 2013, 06:19:33 PM »

Does anyone know what this soon-to-be-dead puppy looks like? I keep hearing people say he's cute, but I haven't seen any pics of little J.J.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #737 on: June 18, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »

Does anyone know what this soon-to-be-dead puppy looks like? I keep hearing people say he's cute, but I haven't seen any pics of little J.J.

Morbid much?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #738 on: June 18, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »

If you weren't neglecting the puppy you would bring him inside like a normal pet owner.

This. That's why Lief is right as well.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #739 on: June 18, 2013, 06:28:59 PM »

The dog probably ended up on Bushie's porch by escaping from being tied up outside all day and night by his previous owner.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #740 on: June 18, 2013, 06:30:10 PM »

There's a picture on Facebook. The dog is adorable and looks like he's 6 weeks old like Bushie claims. No dog that young should be left outdoors alone for most of the day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #741 on: June 18, 2013, 06:32:19 PM »

The dog probably ended up on Bushie's porch by escaping from being tied up outside all day and night by his previous owner.

The thing is we don't tie him up.  He's free to run around the property all he wants.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: June 18, 2013, 06:46:35 PM »

I seriously hope that you don't live near a busy road.

It's a very quiet, somewhat secluded area.  There are no busy roads within 3/4 mile.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #743 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »

A little hour count as of 19:00. 29 hours until Kenya 2013 begins. 32 hours until Wake Up, 35 hours until Departure for WRWA, 39:40 until Departure for DC, 42:28 until arrive in DC, 45:50 until departure for Brussels, Belgium, 53:15 until arrival in Brussels, 57:35 until departure for Rwanda, 66 until touchdown in Rwanda, 67:15 until departure for Nairobi, and 68:35 until arrival in Nairobi!
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #744 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »

My family got a German Shepherd from a rescue shelter. He was 6 months old and we were already his third home. From what the shelter people said about his first owners was they would keep him outside in an airline kennel all the time. Also, they couldn't prove it but the shelter people suspected he was abused too.

He was a great dog, don't get me wrong. And when we got him we kept him inside all the time. But he was not a sociable animal. Never cared for strangers in the house or going places where there were strangers. He wasn't socially normal, I guess you could say. Except with me and my brother. We were the only people he ever took to.

Puppies need their owners around them constantly. No getting around it, that's just the way it is.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #745 on: June 18, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »

Here's a subject change.  I just changed my avatar to R-OK.  The reason for that is I think the country will be ready for a Republican President by 2016.  As of now, I plan on voting Republican.

lol.

especially funny since he just got through telling us that his family has spent 31 years in a trailer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #746 on: June 18, 2013, 07:07:43 PM »

Here is my schedule for tomorrow, my final full day in Oklahoma until July 3. I will go to bed about 00:30, wake up at 08:30, finish packing at 10:00, visit my grandmother one last time before I leave at 14:30, take my shower at 17:00, leave for church at 17:45, Wednesday Worship at 18:30, Meeting with Pastor Jeremy at Eastwood Bapt Church in Nicoma Park at 19:30, home by 21:00, and bed time by 00:15 Thursday.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #747 on: June 18, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »

http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/reporting-cruelty-faq.aspx#whatiscruel

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #748 on: June 18, 2013, 07:18:50 PM »

We're getting the dog house tomorrow. It will be set up before we go to bed tomorrow night.

As I said before, he is free to roam the property as he wishes.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #749 on: June 18, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies