Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:43:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 163853 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2013, 04:30:48 PM »

Keep up the comedy routine, folks!

I need to start a thread titled, "Funny Things Phil Reads Station" in honor of the hilarious posts I read while on the train. The above would be one of the greatest entries. People have to be wondering what I'm looking at that causes me to laugh so hard.

Channeling my inner Elvis - "Thank ya, thank ya very much!"
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2013, 04:34:11 PM »

my predictions:

1. bushie will never see the dietician again.
2. he will come back from kenya with the same...enthusiasm...he had last year.
3.  he will not attend cad, or drop out soon after beginning.  he keeps saying it is self paced.  he hasnt shown a great ability to be disciplined.

My predictions:

1.  I will see the dietitian on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 13:00.
2.  I will come back with the same enthusiasm for Kenya like I did last year and I do now.
3.  I will plow through the CAD and be setting things up in Fort Worth a year from now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

I wonder if Our Dear Friend will come back a Muslim. Mohammad Kareem al-Bushie.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #353 on: June 12, 2013, 04:37:12 PM »

What did you eat that was so bad for you the past few days? I thought you told us all you had yesterday was like 1 meal and a few snacks?

Also, it's tough to get things by us. I am, of course, a budding mob lawyer to be, and I can see right through illogical explanations. Wink
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #354 on: June 12, 2013, 04:39:12 PM »

my predictions:

3.  he will not attend cad, or drop out soon after beginning.  he keeps saying it is self paced.  he hasnt shown a great ability to be disciplined.

I will also predict that it'll be hot in Dallas tomorrow and cold in Minneapolis six months from now and that it won't snow in the Sahara.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #355 on: June 12, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »

We need elaboration. Did memphis just happen to visit an atypical Turkish hotdog stand?

Why did I read Turkish bath instead of Turkish hotdog stand??

You need to seek help and medical attention. For a long time. Seriously, seek help.

Inks has already played that card and lost.  Try again.

Have you tried inserting some self-awareness into yourself along with the greasy, fatty food? It would do you a world of good.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #356 on: June 12, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »

We need elaboration. Did memphis just happen to visit an atypical Turkish hotdog stand?

Why did I read Turkish bath instead of Turkish hotdog stand??

You need to seek help and medical attention. For a long time. Seriously, seek help.

Inks has already played that card and lost.  Try again.

I believe you mean Inks tried and you failed yourself.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #357 on: June 12, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »

Bushie, you missed my question. What would you have told the dietician if you had met with her today? Would you have been honest about the lack of change in your diet? What advice that she gave you at the last appointment have you tried to implement?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »

What did you eat that was so bad for you the past few days? I thought you told us all you had yesterday was like 1 meal and a few snacks?

Also, it's tough to get things by us. I am, of course, a budding mob lawyer to be, and I can see right through illogical explanations. Wink

It was that one meal that did me in and the snacks were a little more than what they should have been.  The snacks were enough to be considered a small meal.  I still stayed right around 2300 calories, so it wasn't an exorbatant amount, but the scale has been teasing me.  The problem stemmed from Sunday.  I had a lot to eat at the birthday party and a cheeseburger at the restaurant, likely flying well past 2,500 calories.  That was the key day.  Monday, it was soft tacos for dinner, but I had 5 soft tacos.  Tuesday, it was bacon and eggs for breakfast and 3 cups of taco salad for dinner.  Today, all I've had was a Subway Sandwich like I had a week or so ago, but with a regular Coke.  I've had about 1,000 calories today.  I'll probably have another Subway sandwich for dinner this time with a Diet Coke.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »

Bushie, you missed my question. What would you have told the dietician if you had met with her today? Would you have been honest about the lack of change in your diet? What advice that she gave you at the last appointment have you tried to implement?

I have mostly cut down the number of calories I'm eating (the past three days notwithstanding).  That was one of the goals.  Another goal was eat breakfast and I've done that most mornings.  A third goal was to implement water into the diet.  I haven't done that.  So, I have implemented 2 of the 3 dietary goals.  The exercise goal hasn't been started.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »

It was that one meal that did me in and the snacks were a little more than what they should have been.  The snacks were enough to be considered a small meal.  I still stayed right around 2300 calories, so it wasn't an exorbatant amount, but the scale has been teasing me.  The problem stemmed from Sunday.  I had a lot to eat at the birthday party and a cheeseburger at the restaurant, likely flying well past 2,500 calories.  That was the key day.  Monday, it was soft tacos for dinner, but I had 5 soft tacos.  Tuesday, it was bacon and eggs for breakfast and 3 cups of taco salad for dinner.  Today, all I've had was a Subway Sandwich like I had a week or so ago, but with a regular Coke.  I've had about 1,000 calories today.  I'll probably have another Subway sandwich for dinner this time with a Diet Coke.

Have you ever thought of going to live among Nomadic tribes in the Sahara Desert? While you would be exploited a lot, it would do you a world of good.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »

my predictions:

3.  he will not attend cad, or drop out soon after beginning.  he keeps saying it is self paced.  he hasnt shown a great ability to be disciplined.

My predictions:

2.  I will come back with the same enthusiasm for Kenya like I did last year and I do now.
3.  I will plow through the CAD and be setting things up in Fort Worth a year from now.

Un-shun.  I will give anybody 10:1 odds against all 3 of Jeff's predictions.  Re-shun.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »

Yeah, you're definitely relapsing. 3 taco salads? What did you eat at the cookout before the burger for dinner? Regular coke? Did the drink machine accidentally give you regular again?

Self discipline, man! You have none of it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2013, 05:14:01 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2013, 05:44:58 PM by NSA is just two letters away from NSDAP »

I have mostly cut down the number of calories I'm eating (the past three days notwithstanding).  That was one of the goals.  Another goal was eat breakfast and I've done that most mornings.  A third goal was to implement water into the diet.  I haven't done that.  So, I have implemented 2 of the 3 dietary goals.  The exercise goal hasn't been started.

So, two out of four. And one of those two is basically just adding bacon and eggs to your diet. And the first one seems to be out the window, as you admit, at least for the last few days.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »

Lol. This diet is going nowhere. He'll be back to 275 and beyond. Like a stock, this is a mere pullback before the next leg up.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »

Lol. This diet is going nowhere. He'll be back to 275 and beyond. Like a stock, this is a mere pullback before the next leg up.

Odds on when Bushie's weight and Apple's price per share intersect?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #366 on: June 12, 2013, 07:55:17 PM »

A goal without a plan is just a wish.  Bushie has no goals to get a good job, lose weight, and live in Kenya, but he has no plan to do it because he's not a planner only a wisher.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »

my predictions:

My predictions:

Un-shun.  I will give anybody 10:1 odds against all 3 of Jeff's predictions.  Re-shun.

I had thought I had been joking in the Middle School or High School thread when I posted the following, but now I am I not so sure it wasn't pure truth I posted.

John 7:9  "After he had said this, he stayed in Galilee."

Or we could go with a different beloved disciple who also pays close attention to every word his messiah speaks.

Inks 7:9  "After he had said this, he stayed in Oklahoma."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »

I did better on my calorie goal today.  I stayed under 2,000, so that's not bad.  I should see a little progress in the morning.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: June 12, 2013, 10:09:35 PM »

As of midnight Thursday Morning (2 hours away), I will have exactly one week until my Kenya trip begins.  That morning, I will go to bed at 00:15, wake up at 03:30, pray and meditate until 05:00, eat a normal breakfast at 05:20, leave for the airport at 06:00, arrive at Will Rogers World Airport at 06:30, meet with the group at 07:30, go through security about 08:30, board at 10:10, and depart for Washington, Dulles International Airport at 10:40.  I'm not going to worry about a diet that day, because I won't be eating a whole lot while I am in Kenya.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2013, 11:08:49 PM »

COUCHKID'S AFRAID TO LEAVE HIS COUCH

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2013, 12:04:54 AM »

Good Thursday Morning!  ONE WEEK LEFT!!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #372 on: June 13, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »

Nah, unfortunately McDondalds does NOT deliver, so he is forced to leave it occasionally. Sad
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2013, 12:49:31 AM »

That morning, I will go to bed at 00:15, wake up at 03:30, pray and meditate until 05:00, eat a normal breakfast at 05:20, leave for the airport at 06:00, arrive at Will Rogers World Airport at 06:30, meet with the group at 07:30, go through security about 08:30, board at 10:10, and depart for Washington, Dulles International Airport at 10:40.

Why would you stay up until after midnight that night, and end up with just 3 hours sleep before your travels?  Why not go to bed early so you can get more sleep?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2013, 01:59:18 AM »

That morning, I will go to bed at 00:15, wake up at 03:30, pray and meditate until 05:00, eat a normal breakfast at 05:20, leave for the airport at 06:00, arrive at Will Rogers World Airport at 06:30, meet with the group at 07:30, go through security about 08:30, board at 10:10, and depart for Washington, Dulles International Airport at 10:40.

Why would you stay up until after midnight that night, and end up with just 3 hours sleep before your travels?  Why not go to bed early so you can get more sleep?

I may do that.  The sleep times can be fudged a bit, especially the bed time.  This is a general guideline or goal.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies