Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:17:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 163923 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: July 04, 2013, 01:38:48 PM »

Plus, we butted heads a few times in Kenya.  We did butt heads like a normal husband/wife, though.  Mostly, being the gentleman I try to be, I was on the receiving end and didn't counter with much.

Is this a euphemism?

Damn, Bushie is a kinky fellow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1276 on: July 04, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »

You had to know a post like this was right around the corner, but...

Fourth of July Dinner is over and I am thoroughly exhausted!  I may not be long for this world tonight!  Tomorrow is July 5 which is the beginning of my Christmas season.  I will be starting the official countdown to Christmas after I wake up tomorrow morning!  Christmas Music has already started in my car, but it will be time for me to start planning.  There's still 5 1/2 months until Christmas Day, but for me, that's not much time. Smiley  I didn't watch Home Alone at all last Christmas, so I will probably go on a Home Alone Marathon in the next couple weeks to kick off Christmas 2013!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1277 on: July 04, 2013, 08:30:41 PM »

Guess looking for a job is off until after Christmas then...
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1278 on: July 04, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »

You had to know a post like this was right around the corner, but...

Fourth of July Dinner is over and I am thoroughly exhausted!  I may not be long for this world tonight!  Tomorrow is July 5 which is the beginning of my Christmas season.  I will be starting the official countdown to Christmas after I wake up tomorrow morning!  Christmas Music has already started in my car, but it will be time for me to start planning.  There's still 5 1/2 months until Christmas Day, but for me, that's not much time. Smiley  I didn't watch Home Alone at all last Christmas, so I will probably go on a Home Alone Marathon in the next couple weeks to kick off Christmas 2013!

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1279 on: July 05, 2013, 02:02:34 AM »

Guess looking for a job is off until after Christmas then...

I'll be looking in the classifieds this afternoon.  Waiting until after Christmas would severely injure my goals for 2015, nearly forcing the plans to happen in 2016.

Lesson learned... Even with severe jet lag, force yourself to stay up to a normal bed time, at least 20:00-21:00.  I went to bed at 18:15 last night and slept well, but I've slept a little more than 7 1/2 solid hours, but it was only 1:50 am when I woke up.  I've got to take a break from sleeping for a bit, and then try to get a few more hours sleep.  Otherwise, this could be another long nap day.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1280 on: July 05, 2013, 03:41:56 AM »

Why not one hamburger and some baked beans and fruit salad?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1281 on: July 05, 2013, 04:01:19 AM »

I know it was me, Inks.  Do you not understand what an "accidental touching" is on a small screen iPhone?  I locked it, but I certainly had no intention of locking it.  I don't see why such a fuss is being made over something that is purely an accident?  I will abide by the rule, though, that the next lock closes the Update book.  That part, I agree with.  I just don't see why a big fuss over an accident.

Because it's a bit absurd that you didn't even try to unlock it or ask someone for help.

I didn't even realize it until later.  I was closing up the forum for the time being and I didn't realize I had locked it until a little later as I wasn't paying attention.  My fat fingers accidentally pressed the wrong button accidentally.  I was trying to enlarge the screen to read it one final time before I closed it up for a while, and I was exhausted so I didn't pay attention to the fact there was no reply or quote button.  And, BK, it didn't ask me for a confirmation when I pressed it.  It was purely an accident.  Nothing more.

If you allegedly didn't know you locked it, how do you know when you locked it?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1282 on: July 05, 2013, 04:04:40 AM »

Why not one hamburger and some baked beans and fruit salad?

Why not salad salad?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1283 on: July 05, 2013, 04:21:56 AM »

I know it was me, Inks.  Do you not understand what an "accidental touching" is on a small screen iPhone?  I locked it, but I certainly had no intention of locking it.  I don't see why such a fuss is being made over something that is purely an accident?  I will abide by the rule, though, that the next lock closes the Update book.  That part, I agree with.  I just don't see why a big fuss over an accident.

Because it's a bit absurd that you didn't even try to unlock it or ask someone for help.

I didn't even realize it until later.  I was closing up the forum for the time being and I didn't realize I had locked it until a little later as I wasn't paying attention.  My fat fingers accidentally pressed the wrong button accidentally.  I was trying to enlarge the screen to read it one final time before I closed it up for a while, and I was exhausted so I didn't pay attention to the fact there was no reply or quote button.  And, BK, it didn't ask me for a confirmation when I pressed it.  It was purely an accident.  Nothing more.

If you allegedly didn't know you locked it, how do you know when you locked it?

I'm making an educated guess.  I know the Update thread was open when I started to close up shop for the last time in Kenya and it was locked when I got to the JFK-Hilton in New York.  I didn't touch the forum or even facebook from the time I left for Maisha for the last time at 10:00 am on July 1, 2013 (2:00 am Oklahoma/3:00 am New York) until I got to the hotel (5:30 pm EDT Tuesday, July 2, 2013).  So, by process of elimination, it had to have happened as I was closing up shop the morning of July 1 and I didn't realize it until I opened the forum back up at the hotel.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1284 on: July 05, 2013, 04:22:48 AM »

Good Friday Morning!  It is after 4:00 am and I've been awake for over 2 hours.  One month from today, on Monday, 5 August 2013, I will be starting the pursuit of my CAD certificate.  This CAD certificate is item 2 on my journey back to The Republic of Kenya.  Item 1 is getting a part time evening job sometime in July or August and start raising the funds to get back to my homeland - Kenya.  Item 3 will be turning that part time job into a full time job next June.  While I am in Oklahoma, I am going to be very busy getting myself back to Africa.  Sunday, I am going to get the classified ads out and start looking.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1285 on: July 05, 2013, 04:25:49 AM »

If he's a good boy he loaded his burger with lettuce, tomato, and onion... and more salad isn't necessary.  Baked beans are sweet, tangy, and not as bad for you as french fries... and fruit salad is also sweet and tasty and filling and goes well with grilled hamburgers.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1286 on: July 05, 2013, 02:09:11 PM »

Yes! He's starting with all of the talk of being a native Kenyan again!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1287 on: July 05, 2013, 02:31:36 PM »

i find roughage to be a waste of a food.  it goes right through me.  my body does not digest lettuce.  is that not a common problem?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1288 on: July 05, 2013, 02:49:52 PM »

I have no idea if I do or not, but the greener the leaf, the better it is for you. Eating iceberg is basically a waste of space.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1289 on: July 05, 2013, 03:42:35 PM »

i find roughage to be a waste of a food.  it goes right through me.  my body does not digest lettuce.  is that not a common problem?

Yeah you're not wrong, but I think it has a lot to do with the terribleness of the vegetables in the Bad Place.  I wasn't a huge vegetable eater back there, though I always ate some every day, and they did tend to promot flatulence.  Here every day I eat enormous amounts of fresh and very colorful and often strong-tasting vegetables (dark green, bitter, etc etc, nothing like the pantywaist veggies in the USA) and I almost never fart.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1290 on: July 06, 2013, 08:59:13 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  The jet lag seems to be dissipating and my voice is not near as hoarse.  I think I'm turning a corner in that regard.  The main issue now is I still have the pain in my back right hip that seems to be wanting to come back north into the lower right back.  It doesn't seem to be quite as intense as it was early and mid week, but it still hurts.

I don't have a whole lot on the agenda today until a birthday party tonight at 1730.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1291 on: July 06, 2013, 09:03:33 AM »

I don't have a whole lot on the agenda today until a birthday party tonight at 1730.
So you have all day to fill out job applications.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1292 on: July 06, 2013, 09:26:44 AM »

So you have all day to fill out job applications.

I'll probably do a few today.  CAD takes priority, so if I find something it is mandatory that it has to be evenings, no Sundays.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1293 on: July 06, 2013, 09:43:04 AM »

Is this another kid's birthday party?  You seem to go to a lot of birthday parties.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1294 on: July 06, 2013, 10:20:19 AM »

Is this another kid's birthday party?  You seem to go to a lot of birthday parties.

Yes, it is.  I do go to a lot of parties.  My Pastor Cousin has six kids (two of which are foster), and his sister-in-law (my cousin) has three.  That's 9 kids I have to keep tabs on, not to mention the parents.  12 birthdays over the course of the year, bare minimum, not counting my grandmother's and my birthdays in late April.  Not to mention, I occasionally go to birthday parties for my friend's kids, of which there are three.  So, in a given year, I get between 20-25 parties with my parents and a couple aunts and uncles included.

Oh, and I also throw a birthday party in Oklahoma for my Kenyan kids in which we usually get together a care package or put together a letter to send to them.  They were both born in March (2 and 24), so I usually just have one combined party.

So, yeah, I do have a lot of birthdays throughout the year.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1295 on: July 06, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »

Why do you have to keep tabs on all the children?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1296 on: July 06, 2013, 12:36:16 PM »

I know that Bushie isn't actually a pedophile, but so, so many of his comments out of context are basically pedophile red flags. Jeez.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1297 on: July 06, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »

I know that Bushie isn't actually a pedophile, but so, so many of his comments out of context are basically pedophile red flags. Jeez.

He's our own Tobias Fünke.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1298 on: July 06, 2013, 12:47:23 PM »

In Oklahoma, do adults typically go to children's bday parties? It would be very odd here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1299 on: July 06, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »

In Oklahoma, do adults typically go to children's bday parties? It would be very odd here.

Well aside from the parents of course, but otherwise yeah, I've never even heard of that. WTF?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies