Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 163524 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: July 06, 2013, 12:49:55 PM »
« edited: July 06, 2013, 12:51:40 PM by Duke »

Yeah, I know he isn't either, but his fixation with all these kids coupled with his appearance would make most people think he was a pedophile.

To answer brtd, yeah, sometimes parents get together and socialize during the kids parties. The kids play and the parents drink, talk, etc. But bushie going would be really bizarre since he isn't a parent of any of these kids, nor does he have a wife to go with him. Just a man showing up to these parties alone is a bit strange.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1301 on: July 06, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »

I would imagine that Bushie probably spends more time with the children than the adults at these parties as well.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1302 on: July 06, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »

The only plausible conclusion I can draw is that his fellow Oklahomans understand that he is "special" and invite him out of a desire to be inclusive. It also explains all the supportive comments on facebook and his parents' willingness to tolerate his unhelpfulness. There really is no other explanation.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1303 on: July 06, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »

The only plausible conclusion I can draw is that his fellow Oklahomans understand that he is "special" and invite him out of a desire to be inclusive. It also explains all the supportive comments on facebook and his parents' willingness to tolerate his unhelpfulness. There really is no other explanation.

This has been my theory for some time. It doesn't make sense that he gets away what he does otherwise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1304 on: July 06, 2013, 03:24:36 PM »

Why do you have to keep tabs on all the children?

Maybe because I choose to?  Anything wrong with that?  I only go to birthday parties for family members or very close friends.  For casual friends, I don't go unless I am specifically invited and even then I don't always go.  In fact, the only reason I go at all is because I am specifically invited.  I am not "special" as in special ed.  I am exactly the same as anyone else, so there's no "inclusiveness obligation".  They include me because I have been around these kids since they were babies, so the kids and the parents feel very comfortable with me.  There is nothing odd here.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1305 on: July 06, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »

Bushie, out of curiosity, what is the typical adult to kid ratio at these kids' birthday parties?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1306 on: July 06, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »

Do these parties involve loving on kids?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1307 on: July 06, 2013, 07:12:36 PM »

Maybe because I choose to?  Anything wrong with that?  I only go to birthday parties for family members or very close friends.  For casual friends, I don't go unless I am specifically invited and even then I don't always go.  In fact, the only reason I go at all is because I am specifically invited.  I am not "special" as in special ed.  I am exactly the same as anyone else, so there's no "inclusiveness obligation".  They include me because I have been around these kids since they were babies, so the kids and the parents feel very comfortable with me.  There is nothing odd here.

No, it's okay that you do. I don't think you're a pedophile. But it seems like you do anything you can to make others think you are. Going to a ton of children's birthday parties and playing with the kids is just one of many... Tongue

From the sound of it, yes. Bushie did mention in the past how he would also swim with the kids.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1308 on: July 06, 2013, 08:25:06 PM »

Bushie, out of curiosity, what is the typical adult to kid ratio at these kids' birthday parties?

Usually about 3 kids to 2 adults.  Tonight, we had 9 kids to 6 adults.  Normally, we would have had 8 adults, but two were sick.  The 3:2 is not an exact science, but a general rule.

No, it's okay that you do. I don't think you're a pedophile. But it seems like you do anything you can to make others think you are. Going to a ton of children's birthday parties and playing with the kids is just one of many... Tongue

From the sound of it, yes. Bushie did mention in the past how he would also swim with the kids.

I only swim with the kids every once in a while, maybe once a year or so.  I can't swim, so the best I can do is stay in the shallow end.  Tonight, I didn't swim and was in my regular street clothes, but I was pool side for adult supervision and getting them out of the pool at 1930 so they could get to bed at 2030.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1309 on: July 06, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »

Does anyone else find it odd that Bushie uses military time? Was that brought up in a previous season, and I missed it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1310 on: July 06, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »

Does anyone else find it odd that Bushie uses military time? Was that brought up in a previous season, and I missed it?

Yeah, you're a little late to the party with that question. Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1311 on: July 06, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »

How does one not know how to swim? It's not rocket science. You rhythmically move your arms and legs together to propel yourself through water. Nothing to it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1312 on: July 07, 2013, 05:00:34 AM »

Do you actually pick the children up out of the pool, Bushie?

Also, do you often eat at the children's table at these parties?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1313 on: July 07, 2013, 05:28:01 AM »

Do you actually pick the children up out of the pool, Bushie?

Also, do you often eat at the children's table at these parties?

To the first question.  No, I just watch them and tell them to go inside when appropriate.  The kids usually listen to me.

To the second question.  No, I eat at the adult table.  The adult table is often the kids table after the kids have finished eating.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1314 on: July 07, 2013, 05:31:34 AM »

How does one not know how to swim? It's not rocket science. You rhythmically move your arms and legs together to propel yourself through water. Nothing to it.

I have terrible coordination and rhythm.  I took lessons for two years as a kid, but I never caught on.  As I've mentioned before the best I can do is glide from one side to the other, which doesn't really involve the hands or really even the legs, just momentum.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1315 on: July 07, 2013, 05:34:28 AM »

Anyway, good Sunday Morning!  It is 0530 and I am a little too warm to sleep.  I've gotten six hours sleep so far, so if that's all I get, I should be fine for the day.  My alarm is set for 0740 which is two hours away, but I actually left things unfinished from last night.  Mainly, I need to create the Power Point for this morning's worship.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1316 on: July 07, 2013, 05:51:45 AM »

How's the female dog that you guys have for some reason named Jeff Junior doing?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1317 on: July 07, 2013, 06:57:35 AM »

How's the female dog that you guys have for some reason named Jeff Junior doing?

J.J. is growing like a weed.  He's as active as ever and he does come inside during the hottest of temperatures.  We are taking him to the vet tomorrow at 1630.  They wanted to wait until I got home to help them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1318 on: July 07, 2013, 07:01:54 AM »

Are you going to tell your dad you want to live full time in Kenya within the next year to year and a half?

Is the dog ok?

I'll tell him when I get home.  The old man needs time to get used to the idea, as well.

He just sent me a picture of JJ, so she's okay. We found out she squats instead of lifts a leg, so she's a girl.

J.J. is growing like a weed.  He's as active as ever and he does come inside during the hottest of temperatures.  We are taking him to the vet tomorrow at 1630.  They wanted to wait until I got home to help them.

I am really confused.  Huh

Perhaps the first question to ask the vet: In your expert medical opinion, does this dog have a penis?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1319 on: July 07, 2013, 07:06:57 AM »

It is 0530 and I am a little too warm to sleep.

Is the Air Conditioning not working well at the trailer-home?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1320 on: July 07, 2013, 07:11:51 AM »

Are you going to tell your dad you want to live full time in Kenya within the next year to year and a half?

Is the dog ok?

I'll tell him when I get home.  The old man needs time to get used to the idea, as well.

He just sent me a picture of JJ, so she's okay. We found out she squats instead of lifts a leg, so she's a girl.

Perhaps the first question to ask the vet: In your expert medical opinion, does this dog have a penis?

Whoops, all that should say "she."  We'll find out for sure from the vet tomorrow. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1321 on: July 07, 2013, 07:13:11 AM »

It is 0530 and I am a little too warm to sleep.

Is the Air Conditioning not working well at the trailer-home?

It works well, but it doesn't come on as much at night as it is not quite as hot as during the day.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1322 on: July 07, 2013, 07:29:58 AM »

Is the dog ok?

Whoops, all that should say "she."  We'll find out for sure from the vet tomorrow. Smiley

WTF?  How poor is the sex education education in Oklahoma?

And you say that you guys have actually owned dogs before?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1323 on: July 07, 2013, 07:36:06 AM »

My new theory is that Blondie doesn't actually exist.  Bushie just invented him/her in order to add some spice to Update before his trip to Kenya.  But he keeps forgetting whether this figment of his imagination is supposed to be male or female, sort of like Data's cat Spot on Star Trek: TNG.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1324 on: July 07, 2013, 07:38:50 AM »

Is the dog ok?

WTF?  How poor is the sex education education in Oklahoma?

And you say that you guys have actually owned dogs before?

She's a girl because of the squatting.

Have you heard of this phenomenon called "slip of the tongue"?  That's all this is.  Nothing more.

Seriously, I have no idea why this forum can't seem to take a joke or always has to attack every slip of the tongue.  It seems this forum doesn't recognize that I am a flawed human, not a perfect robot.  Or, they go to the other extreme that I'm a flawed human with no redeemable traits.  Every minor thing gets blown out of proportion.  I'm just as bad at that, too, but why do we have to make mountains out of every mole hill?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies