Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:42:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 163872 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: July 09, 2013, 10:07:25 PM »

www.wbcchoctaw.org
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1501 on: July 09, 2013, 10:13:48 PM »

If it is the Target in Midwest City (appears to be closest to you), the phone number is  (405) 455-4000. I can help you write up a transcript on what to say if you'd like. It may seem weird to do, but I can guarantee that the person on the other end will be grateful you took the time to call and show you were serious about the job. Places like that get young thugs and hooligans applying all the time - this is a good way to separate yourself from them.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1502 on: July 10, 2013, 04:44:38 AM »

If it is the Target in Midwest City (appears to be closest to you), the phone number is  (405) 455-4000. I can help you write up a transcript on what to say if you'd like. It may seem weird to do, but I can guarantee that the person on the other end will be grateful you took the time to call and show you were serious about the job. Places like that get young thugs and hooligans applying all the time - this is a good way to separate yourself from them.

It makes sense to call. But does it make Kingdom sense?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1503 on: July 10, 2013, 05:57:41 AM »

It's comforting that Sbane wants Jeff Junior to suffer in the OK heat when there is a cool home 5 feet away.

It has nothing to do with what I want. If I had a dog, I would keep it inside because keeping it outside would defeat the purpose. But it is extremely hilarious to hear that a dog is going to die because it's 85 degrees outside. Talk about sheltered....

No one said OMGZ 85 WILL KILL HIM.  The OK forecast of 95-104 will. Sub-freezing will. Plus you are more responsible than Bushie, though this is the first time I've had my doubts.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1504 on: July 10, 2013, 07:28:30 AM »

If it is the Target in Midwest City (appears to be closest to you), the phone number is  (405) 455-4000. I can help you write up a transcript on what to say if you'd like. It may seem weird to do, but I can guarantee that the person on the other end will be grateful you took the time to call and show you were serious about the job. Places like that get young thugs and hooligans applying all the time - this is a good way to separate yourself from them.

Actually, it does.  So, help me write up something to say Tmth and I'll call after I get back from Shawnee this afternoon.  And, I would rather call than email.  A phone call is more personal than electronic mail.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1505 on: July 10, 2013, 07:31:51 AM »

It's comforting that Sbane wants Jeff Junior to suffer in the OK heat when there is a cool home 5 feet away.

It has nothing to do with what I want. If I had a dog, I would keep it inside because keeping it outside would defeat the purpose. But it is extremely hilarious to hear that a dog is going to die because it's 85 degrees outside. Talk about sheltered....

No one said OMGZ 85 WILL KILL HIM.  The OK forecast of 95-104 will. Sub-freezing will. Plus you are more responsible than Bushie, though this is the first time I've had my doubts.

He's defending me, so you are now attacking him and questioning his judgments?  Classy move.  You seem to gloss over that he comes inside anything in the 90's.  We'll talk about the winter when we get closer.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1506 on: July 10, 2013, 07:43:57 AM »

Actually, it does.  So, help me write up something to say Tmth and I'll call after I get back from Shawnee this afternoon.  And, I would rather call than email.  A phone call is more personal than electronic mail.
Give them a chance to review your application first. Call in a few days.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1507 on: July 10, 2013, 07:46:33 AM »

If it is the Target in Midwest City (appears to be closest to you), the phone number is  (405) 455-4000. I can help you write up a transcript on what to say if you'd like. It may seem weird to do, but I can guarantee that the person on the other end will be grateful you took the time to call and show you were serious about the job. Places like that get young thugs and hooligans applying all the time - this is a good way to separate yourself from them.

Actually, it does.  So, help me write up something to say Tmth and I'll call after I get back from Shawnee this afternoon.  And, I would rather call than email.  A phone call is more personal than electronic mail.
Give them a chance to review your application first. Call in a few days.

Makes sense.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1508 on: July 10, 2013, 07:50:23 AM »

It may not roll over and die but it would certainly suffer if it were left outside day after day in temperatures like that or higher. This isn't really debatable.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1509 on: July 10, 2013, 07:56:35 AM »

He's defending me, so you are now attacking him and questioning his judgments?  Classy move.  You seem to gloss over that he comes inside anything in the 90's.  We'll talk about the winter when we get closer.

See what Eraserhead said. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1510 on: July 10, 2013, 07:58:53 AM »

So is your pastor cousin with the 6 kids going to be out of a job if you church merges, Bushie?  That would be horrible.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1511 on: July 10, 2013, 08:02:53 AM »

So when someone defends you, we're automatically supposed to assume that they're right and we're not allowed to question their position? Mmkay.

I hate to say this but I'm seriously starting to think about abandoning The Update. It' not fun anymore and the whole dog thing is just making me angry.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1512 on: July 10, 2013, 08:10:19 AM »

So is your pastor cousin with the 6 kids going to be out of a job if you church merges, Bushie?  That would be horrible.

He's given back all his salary because of the church finances which aren't real low, but they are in need of any kind of help he can get.  He's still got a full time job as a postal carrier.  They'll be fine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1513 on: July 10, 2013, 08:13:03 AM »

So when someone defends you, we're automatically supposed to assume that they're right and we're not allowed to question their position? Mmkay.

I hate to say this but I'm seriously starting to think about abandoning The Update. It' not fun anymore and the whole dog thing is just making me angry.

They're not necessarily right, but they're not necessarily wrong, either.  Perhaps I don't look hard enough, but I have NEVER seen an instance where someone defends me and the forum relented and realized they and me were right.  Not once.  This forum seems to think that Bushie is ALWAYS wrong.  I know I am right some of the time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1514 on: July 10, 2013, 08:17:10 AM »

Your old church needs an infusion of capital. Have you ever thought of ways to raise revenue besides Sunday donations? The Greek church puts on a festival every year, greek night, own some property in the city we rent out, etc, and of course the mob can finance whatever else is needed.

And Eraser, I am starting to feel the same way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1515 on: July 10, 2013, 08:19:38 AM »

15 pounds everybody!  (Technically 14.8 ) Sitting at 260.2 this morning! That's a drop of 0.6 lbs from yesterday.  Next stop - 250's!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1516 on: July 10, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »

Does anyone understand why he even wants a dog when he's supposedly going to be moving to Kenya in a couple of years? Does he not understand that owning a dog is like a 13 year commitment (give or take a few years)?

Does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that the Bushie clan now has female dog that they've named Jeff Junior? Do Bushie's parents see him as a pet or something? Freud would have had a field day with this family.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1517 on: July 10, 2013, 08:22:30 AM »

And Eraser, I am starting to feel the same way.

Does that mean you'll abandon Atlas altogether?  IIRC, you recently said that this was the only thing keeping you here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1518 on: July 10, 2013, 08:27:33 AM »

They're not necessarily right, but they're not necessarily wrong, either.  Perhaps I don't look hard enough, but I have NEVER seen an instance where someone defends me and the forum relented and realized they and me were right.  Not once.  This forum seems to think that Bushie is ALWAYS wrong.  I know I am right some of the time.

I've defended you more than a few times myself. For instance, I certainly never saw anything wrong with you making the most of your Indian health coverage.

You are in the wrong an awful lot though. I think you should seriously think over this whole dog ownership thing, especially if you're at all serious about moving to Kenya in a couple of years.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1519 on: July 10, 2013, 08:30:14 AM »

Many of us get a bit passionate when it comes to animals......
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1520 on: July 10, 2013, 08:31:07 AM »

What if everyone here went on Update strike for a week, in protest of the treatment of Blondie?  Would Bushie go mad if he suddenly found himself posting about his life without getting any attention from the rest of the forum?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1521 on: July 10, 2013, 08:34:15 AM »

What if everyone here went on Update strike for a week, in protest of the treatment of Blondie?  Would Bushie go mad if he suddenly found himself posting about his life without getting any attention from the rest of the forum?

If even just you, I, Grumps and Duke stopped posting in here that would lower the amount of activity quite a bit. Heh.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1522 on: July 10, 2013, 08:35:59 AM »

If even just you, I, Grumps and Duke stopped posting in here that would lower the amount of activity quite a bit. Heh.

A one week hiatus from posting starting now.

xGrumps
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1523 on: July 10, 2013, 08:36:15 AM »

Does anyone understand why he even wants a dog when he's supposedly going to be moving to Kenya in a couple of years? Does he not understand that owning a dog is like a 13 year commitment (give or take a few years)?

Does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that the Bushie clan now has female dog that they've named Jeff Junior? Do Bushie's parents see him as a pet or something? Freud would have had a field day with this family.

To be honest, we're thinking about scrapping the "Jeff, Jr" long form.  JJ can be a boy's or girl's name.  There is a female contemporary christian singer named JJ Heller, so JJ is a girl's name.

This is going to end up being Mom and Dad's dog, because of Kenya (which I have told Dad the night I got back last Wednesday).  Let's rewind about a month, we didn't choose her (as in we didn't go to the pet store or someone selling/giving away puppies).  She chose us and we adopted her into our family.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1524 on: July 10, 2013, 08:39:11 AM »

I have been mulling over letting this Update sift down through the pages.  I don't want to lock it and keep it open for anyone to post when they want, including myself, but it would be a lot healthier for everybody if we heavily curtailed our posting in this thread.  If I lock it, that's it, no more Update. Ever.  If I leave it unlocked, but somewhat dormant, it would be a lot healthier for everybody.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies