Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:37:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164029 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: June 07, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »

" a couple ham sandwiches"

lol
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 12:48:03 PM »

This title fcuking stinks.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:52:31 PM »

"Upd8: The Laughing Headache Continues"

I hate "clever" Bushie.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »

There being "no time" for something while unemployed is pretty offensive.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »

There being "no time" for something while unemployed is pretty offensive.

Even while being unemployed, I still have a life, and I still get busy.  I did nothing wrong today.  I ate before I started a busy evening.

Yea but what about before hand when you were "too busy" and had to go to McDonalds?

If you just want to go to McDonalds, just say that and drop the lame excuses.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 01:38:05 PM »

Inks, read my last post in this thread.  11 lbs is not water weight.

How do you think you lost the weight?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 07:53:43 PM »

We've renamed him J.J. to fit more of a boy personality.  He is most attracted to me as I am the only one he will let hold and pet for an extended period of time (5 minutes).  He still wants to get down and play and explore, but he will let me pick him up, hold him in one arm and pet him with the other. 

Boy could this be awkward out of context...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 08:22:21 PM »

Yea a dog sounds like just the investment Bushie needs...

We're probably feeding him too much, but we're trying to get his strength up. 

A quote from your parents, no doubt.

This dog will undoubtedly end up overweight.

Also, please find out if it has an owner by contacting local animal shelters, vets, and proper authorities. My apologies if you have already done so. 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 08:26:58 PM »

We have looked online for missing dogs and nothing has turned up . . . We will keep looking online and on flyers. 

Using the same know how that you apply to finding jobs online, I'm sure.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 08:54:56 PM »

Call the police over a found dog? You guys have been watching too many 50s sitcoms.

Why not? People routinely call police departments about lost wallets, etc., what would be the harm in giving them a call?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »

Call the police over a found dog? You guys have been watching too many 50s sitcoms.

Why not? People routinely call police departments about lost wallets, etc., what would be the harm in giving them a call?
It's not something they do. They concern themselves with crime. And there's plenty of it to occupy them. Lost wallets carry the threat of ID theft, which is a serious situation. But feel free to call them. It may make them chuckle, and hopefully they won't chew you out for wasting their time.

Sounds like you have the worst police department in the nation.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 09:42:18 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2013, 09:47:21 PM by Paul Kemp »

It's not something they do. They concern themselves with crime. And there's plenty of it to occupy them. Lost wallets carry the threat of ID theft, which is a serious situation. But feel free to call them. It may make them chuckle, and hopefully they won't chew you out for wasting their time.

Sounds like you have the worst police department in the nation.
Because they're focused on crimes instead of dogs? The police have a scary and difficult job. I give them a lot of credit. It's not Barney Fife and Mayberry out there.

Are you familiar with Humane Divisions of Law Enforcement? Also, if they don't have such a thing they could direct you to the proper places to get said information. I'm not sure how a two minute phone call really throws a wrench in crime fighting. I would hope your own Memphis Police would direct you to here: http://www.memphishumane.org/.

Also, being that dog was emaciated and potentially abandoned you don't think that may potentially be a matter that police may be interested in? I'm not saying for this specific situation or there's some massive dog fighting ring going on or something but it could be signs of larger abuse.

Any police department that would simply "chuckle" at the report of a found dog would be irresponsible and unprofessional in regard to animal welfare issues to say the least.

If any one is thinking of the police as Barney Fife's, it's you.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 10:08:30 AM »

I wake up to learn Bushie is keeping some little kid's dog and will not make an effort to find the owner.  Poor kid.

I understand developing a bond with a dog you find on your porch but yea, you gotta make sure you aren't stealing little Sammy's lost pup.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 11:12:33 AM »

So all of this is based off a hunch and what your family "thinks"? Come on man, at least put some effort into it.

If the dog was abandoned then yes, you're doing a great thing but what if you're wrong? What if you're depriving a family of their pet?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 11:58:22 AM »

So all of this is based off a hunch and what your family "thinks"? Come on man, at least put some effort into it.

If the dog was abandoned then yes, you're doing a great thing but what if you're wrong? What if you're depriving a family of their pet?

We have looked online and on the posted flyers at the local grocery store and nothing has turned up.  We just called the local shelter in Oklahoma City less than 30 minutes ago and they have received no reports of a missing 6 week old Labrador Retriever with blonde fur.

Fair enough.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:36 PM »

Dude, maybe you just shouldn't have a dog?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »

Maybe I could change the story line.  It generates 500 posts a week or so, 450 of those at least are diet related.  If my viewers will let me, I could try to change the story line that doesn't generate 90% of the Update.

Stop.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »

Maybe I could change the story line.  It generates 500 posts a week or so, 450 of those at least are diet related.  If my viewers will let me, I could try to change the story line that doesn't generate 90% of the Update.

Stop.

Well, it makes sense. Its a lot easier to change the story line than changing his life.

The fact that he views this all as "seasons" with "story-lines" is slightly disturbing and shows he just doesn't get it but that's not news I suppose.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »

It's pretty disgusting to me to leave domesticated animals outside most of the time in this day and age. I'm not even like an animal freak either; it just seems wrong.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »

It's pretty disgusting to me to leave domesticated animals outside most of the time in this day and age. I'm not even like an animal freak either; it just seems wrong.

I agree. Most dogs who live the majority outside still come inside to sleep at night. I don't know of a person who's dog stays outside 100% of the time barring a major storm. It is disgusting to me. I wish someone would take this poor little puppy and give him a good home.

Shut your mouth.  Do you not understand there is a cat in the house?  If we were to bring the dog inside, nobody would get any sleep and everything would be broken.

Then maybe you shouldn't have a dog?

Like opebo said, that is common practice in the country. If he would just get the doghouse for shelter I dont see anything wrong with that.

(of course it depends what you mean by outside)

I consider a doghouse to still be "outside" and just because something is "common practice" doesn't mean I think it's ok.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »

Like opebo said, that is common practice in the country. If he would just get the doghouse for shelter I dont see anything wrong with that.

Indeed.  The forum just likes to accuse me of everything under the sun, 99% of which is completely untrue.  That is their favorite thing.

No, the problem is that you and your family have shown a history of chronic bad decision making and some don't want a puppy to suffer for your mistakes.

This is something that isn't about YOU for once.

I understand developing a bond with an animal you found and I appreciate that but sometimes you need to do what's in the best interests of the dog. You have already stated that your home is not suitable.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »

Do you realize that puppies shouldn't live outside AT ALL, right? They should be at least a year or two old before they live outside permanently.

So no, you aren't being good owners.

This conversation is pointless.  I win, you lose.

So your re-considering your puppy policy? Good to hear.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:57 AM »

Indeed.  The forum just likes to accuse me of everything under the sun, 99% of which is completely untrue.  That is their favorite thing.

No, the problem is that you and your family have shown a history of chronic bad decision making and some don't want a puppy to suffer for your mistakes.

This is something that isn't about YOU for once.

I understand developing a bond with an animal you found and I appreciate that but sometimes you need to do what's in the best interests of the dog. You have already stated that your home is not suitable.

Bushie 1, Forum 0.

Stop being such a goddamn baby. Seriously, you are a child.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 11:03:40 AM »

Leaving the dog outside is not cruel.  That is common practice.  He has a temporary shelter and we'll get his permanent shelter before the end of the week.  Politicus is providing a voice of reason, yet you are ignoring her because it doesn't accuse me of being a horrible pet owner.  You guys don't provide the voices of reason.  All you do is attack, attack, attack, insult, attack, insult, attack.  That's not the voice of reason.

First of all, it's hilarious for you to chide people for ignoring someone's "voice of reason."

As for it being "common practice" sure that may be true but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the right thing to do. Do a quick Google search for "leaving dogs outside permanently" and you'll get some of these links (which I do recommend reading):

http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/dog-behavior/it-ok-leave-dog-outside-all-time

http://forums.webmd.com/3/pet-health-exchange/forum/1585

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/pets/dogs/environment/livingoutside

http://members.petfinder.com/~NC471/outsidedogs.htm

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_leaving_a_dog_tied_up_outside_all_the_time_animal_abuse

And if you're not OK with our "voices of reason" and think we just "attack" and "insult" then why don't you stop this "Update" charade?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »

Bushie resulting to childlike tactics again when he knows he's wrong but he's afraid to admit it.

Anyway, not surprising. Bushie is about as mature as I was when I was 12 and is even less responsible.

I'm not resorting to childlike tactics.  I'm telling the truth about this forum.

This conversation is pointless.  I win, you lose.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies