Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:15:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on here
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on here  (Read 512 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »

There are a few posters that carry the proud title of Dad.  Happy Father's Day to you all.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 12:09:09 PM »

Congrats, Dad!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »

Happy Father's Day, Bushie! I hope your children sent you a card.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 02:40:55 PM »

I didn't get a card from the kids, though I may get one later this week when I am able to hold them in my arms!  I did get recognized among the real fathers by birth at church today and was given a couple tokens of appreciation.  There were only 5 dads there this morning, myself included.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »

I didn't get a card from the kids, though I may get one later this week when I am able to hold them in my arms!  I did get recognized among the real fathers by birth at church today and was given a couple tokens of appreciation.  There were only 5 dads there this morning, myself included.

Speechless.  Roll Eyes
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 03:32:29 PM »

HAHAHA oh my god!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »

Let me get this straight. Your church recognized you as their BIRTH father?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »

wtf? 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »

This is actually the first time I have seriously felt Bushie needed professional help. The scariest thing is, it seems like his whole community thinks the same way, unless they know he is mentally not all there and are humoring him by honoring him as these kids BIRTH FATHER of all things at a church service.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 04:42:19 PM »

This is actually the first time I have seriously felt Bushie needed professional help. The scariest thing is, it seems like his whole community thinks the same way, unless they know he is mentally not all there and are humoring him by honoring him as these kids BIRTH FATHER of all things at a church service.

No, they did not honor me as the kids birth father.  They honored all the fathers whether birth or, in my case, sponsor.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 04:44:12 PM »

No, they did not honor me as the kids birth father.  They honored all the fathers whether birth or, in my case, sponsor.

Oh. So it's common in your church to call people who sponsor African kids their "father"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2013, 04:49:56 PM by BushKenya »

No, they did not honor me as the kids birth father.  They honored all the fathers whether birth or, in my case, sponsor.

Oh. So it's common in your church to call people who sponsor African kids their "father"?

To be honest, I was hesitant to stand up for that very reason, but the Pastor beckoned for me to stand up anyway and be recognized.  I'm not on the same level of father as the rest of the men, but they still chose to honor me as a sponsor father.

If this were a larger, more formal worship service such as where my parents attend, I would not have stood up.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 10:41:07 PM »

Even after 7 bourbons, I can't believe this. It's amazing that y'all think the same way in Oklahoma. Amazing!

Anyway, you precious boy, you go girl! Be a good father! I can't imagine being a dad right now, but my Greek family demands I have a son because I'm the sole male heir to the family name. You know how much pressure I have to have a son? And you already have one!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 10:43:31 PM »

Even after 7 bourbons, I can't believe this. It's amazing that y'all think the same way in Oklahoma. Amazing!

Anyway, you precious boy, you go girl! Be a good father! I can't imagine being a dad right now, but my Greek family demands I have a son because I'm the sole male heir to the family name. You know how much pressure I have to have a son? And you already have one!

I am 6 years your senior, too, so I should have a child before you!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »

Yes. Thank god you waited till 30 to have a child. Do you know how many people in their early 20s and even teens have kids? Insanity, I tell you! Get your education, have an income, and learn how to dress properly is what you need to have before having a kid.

So once I get my law degree and become a mob lawyer, I'll have my son so I can keep it in the family. Wink
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 07:00:10 AM »

Thanks Bushie!

All I got was a card which my mom actually got and had my daughter scribble her "signature" in. My Dad tried to get her to say "Happy Fathers Day" to me by whispering it in her ear, but all she said was "NO!". Ahh, the terrible 2s!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies