A Statement on the Unorganized Territories
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:16:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Statement on the Unorganized Territories
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Statement on the Unorganized Territories  (Read 3480 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2013, 11:26:33 AM »
« edited: June 23, 2013, 12:13:29 PM by Governor Spamage »

I have been absent over the last week and upon returning I came back to find my region completely changed after its existence for an extensive period of time by a group of people who have tried continuously to fundamentally change the game. I disagree with "Operation Pacific Rimjob" and cannot express the true disappointment I have in the leftist carpetbaggers here. While the passage of the Constitution seems shady, it is legal. My frustration is with those who would rather sweep a problem under a rug than deal with it.. Its now filled with non locals and those who seem to continuously troll the game with far fetched proposals and bringing up issues no one could seem to care about.
    Before  I go however, I would like to say one thing. If those radical leftists cared about the actual state of the Pacific (yes, I will still call it that) they wouldn't make the Constitution ratified in Perpetuity. Because of this I support other region's efforts to uproot this ridiculousness and must give warning to the Midwest. They wont stop in the Pacific, these people have an agenda and in a few months when the carpetbaggers can move, they will. Your region is probably next.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2013, 11:32:20 AM by Governor Maxwell »

If anyone has a right to be upset about this, its you. And I thank you for your warning, but it will be at least a couple of months before any sort of movement can tackle the Midwest. And it might not even be the Midwest: The Northeast has recently had a huge inactivity problem. Eitherway, it would be a bit easier to detect a movement like this in the future, though it would be obviously be done in a different way.

Where are you planning to move?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:37:56 AM »

If anyone has a right to be upset about this, its you. And I thank you for your warning, but it will be at least a couple of months before any sort of movement can tackle the Midwest. And it might not even be the Midwest: The Northeast has recently had a huge inactivity problem. Eitherway, it would be a bit easier to detect a movement like this in the future, though it would be obviously be done in a different way.

Either the Mideast of the IDS, both actually contain fellow party members.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 12:02:57 PM »

No. They are formenting anarchy and must be dealt with. The laws of Atlasia and the Pacific Region can not be used to forment anarchy and potentially tear asunder the liberties of your region. Seek the senate's aid in putting them down as its rightful leader you must stand against what is being done to your region. You can dissolve the council and call for a new election. Giving up isn't the right way to go about this.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »

Governor, I share your frustration with the recent actions taken by some citizens in your region, but I wish you would not pin the blame on leftists specifically.  Inactivity shouldn't be blamed on liberals or conservatives simply for what they believe, but for what they do.  I think everyone who joins this game has a responsibility to contribute, and I feel you would be doing a disservice to your region by surrendering it to those who are destroying it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 12:27:59 PM »

Either the Mideast of the IDS, both actually contain fellow party members.

We have better weather.

Seriously though, if you'd like to move down here, you're welcome to.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »

I have been absent over the last week and upon returning I came back to find my region completely changed after its existence for an extensive period of time by a group of people who have tried continuously to fundamentally change the game. I disagree with "Operation Pacific Rimjob" and cannot express the true disappointment I have in the leftist carpetbaggers here. While the passage of the Constitution seems shady, it is legal. My frustration is with those who would rather sweep a problem under a rug than deal with it.. Its now filled with non locals and those who seem to continuously troll the game with far fetched proposals and bringing up issues no one could seem to care about.
    Before  I go however, I would like to say one thing. If those radical leftists cared about the actual state of the Pacific (yes, I will still call it that) they wouldn't make the Constitution ratified in Perpetuity. Because of this I support other region's efforts to uproot this ridiculousness and must give warning to the Midwest. They wont stop in the Pacific, these people have an agenda and in a few months when the carpetbaggers can move, they will. Your region is probably next.

You and the others who either abandoned or went inactive should be blamed.

Let's get serious, the Operation Pacific Rimbow suceeded because the "locals" effectively turned the region into a failed state. Instead of blaming the "trolls", maybe you should examin your own miserable records.

So cut the vistim act.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »

You do realize he announced he would be gone for a week?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »

I see no reason why you shouldn't move to the Midwest.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »

That doesn't change the fact Pacific was essentially a failed region not because of the "carpetbaggers", but because of the very locals.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 12:51:40 PM »

You're wrong, Kalwejt. Spamage was a bright spot in the Pacific Region.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »

You're wrong, Kalwejt. Spamage was a bright spot in the Pacific Region.

I apologize then for inaccurate personal remark. But the point, except of a few bright spots, stands.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »

Before  I go however, I would like to say one thing. If those radical leftists cared about the actual state of the Pacific (yes, I will still call it that) they wouldn't make the Constitution ratified in Perpetuity. Because of this I support other region's efforts to uproot this ridiculousness and must give warning to the Midwest. They wont stop in the Pacific, these people have an agenda and in a few months when the carpetbaggers can move, they will. Your region is probably next.

That doesn't change the fact Pacific was essentially a failed region not because of the "carpetbaggers", but because of the very locals.

So why did the region have to be destroyed? Why didn't they use their energy to help the region instead of destroying it? Is it just to make a point? Do you think no one noticed that the Pacific region has been basically inactive until this point? Destroying the Pacific is an idiotic move regardless of whether or not it would have been possible in a more active region or not.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »

"If you dress like a slut, you're asking to get raped."

That's a pretty terrible idea that's received international backlash over the last year and a bit. Kalwejt, your stance here seems awfully similar. Inactives in the Pacific could have been more prudent, but that still doesn't excuse the tyranny that these people are imposing on the region.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »

A good Governor is all it takes to revive a region.

The Pacific Region had no government in 2006. To me, it was an opportunity as a newer player to step up and have a chance.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »

That's a pretty terrible idea that's received international backlash over the last year and a bit. Kalwejt, your stance here seems awfully similar. Inactives in the Pacific could have been more prudent, but that still doesn't excuse the tyranny that these people are imposing on the region.

I find comparing of what I said with rape-justyfing talk personally insulting. I'm not going to engage in any further discussion with the previous poster, whom I actually respected until this moment.

@Sbane, I agree it was extreme, but two things:
1. "Tyranny" is a bit strong word, considering it was all done within the very boundries of Pacific law. I'm pretty sure if Pacific citizens would want to be readmitted in future as organized region, there is a legal way.
2. Extreme? Yes. Idiotic? I'd rather say the system that failed was idiotic. Instead of talking about restoring (broken) status quo, we should take this as an opportunity to think how to really reform Atlasia. So maybe it's for better.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »

I find comparing of what I said with rape-justyfing talk personally insulting. I'm not going to engage in any further discussion with the previous poster, whom I actually respected until this moment.

1. "Tyranny" is a bit strong word, considering it was all done within the very boundries of Pacific law. I'm pretty sure if Pacific citizens would want to be readmitted in future as organized region, there is a legal way.
2. Extreme? Yes. Idiotic? I'd rather say the system that failed was idiotic. Instead of talking about restoring (broken) status quo, we should take this as an opportunity to think how to really reform Atlasia. So maybe it's for better.

Look, they had the opportunity to design the new Pacific government in any manner of their choosing. They chose to destroy it. There is no reason to complicate matters and come up with excuses. The region was destroyed when they had all the power in their hands to fix it in a manner they saw fit. Of course, if they think destroying the region would fix the region or the game, I would say that is idiotic.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 02:08:22 PM »

The prevailing logic still holds, Kalwejt. You're blaming passive individuals for the active crime that was perpetrated against them. If you don't want to engage with me, don't. But you can't blame the inactives for such a massive takeover like this one. That's just naive. In the current situation, people have actively expended energy to destroy the region. That was not necessary or innevitable... at all. "The system" is not the problem. The problem is that people won't step up. Finally we get people who are willing to actually put work into the region, and what do they do? This.

Come on.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »

Okay Nix. Do you support the destruction of the Pacific? Do you blame the people who lost interest in the game for its total victimization by a bunch of carpet baggers? That's what the insinuation is, you know: that people who, for various reasons, got on with their lives, are to blame for a bunch of people coming in and upending the political process just for shts. It's good for the game? There weren't other positive and collaborative ways to do it?

I invoked this comparison because yeah—what we're seeing is disgusting. We're not real politicians. We can debate the logic of an argument on this forum without need for walking on eggshells. If anyone seriously thinks I meant to offend, I'm sorry. I truly didn't. But I don't retract my words unless I make an error. It is the best comparison I can think of: blaming the victims for something unjust that's been done against them.

Debate the merits of what's going on if you must. But don't try to shift the blame and the responsibility onto someone else. Own it or don't.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 02:25:40 PM »

A good Governor is all it takes to revive a region.

Right on
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 02:42:49 PM »

Hagrid didn't compare anyone to a rapist.

The most important question is a different one anyway: Who knew of what was going on in the Pacific beforehand and why didn't they inform the President or other members of the administration?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 02:43:55 PM »

Hagrid didn't compare anyone to a rapist.

The most important question is a different one anyway: Who knew of what was going on in the Pacific beforehand and why didn't they inform the President or other members of the administration?

Nix knew
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »

We can agree or disagree whether dismantling the Pacific government was wise or not, it still wasn't a "crime". Sadly, we allowed this situation to legally happen.

But adopting "crime" metaphor for a moment, when criminals are on rampage, the law enforcement is responsible for failing to ensure public safety. So, when a group of extremists was able to take power and disband the government, political establishment is certainly responsible for allowing this to happen.

I probably wouldn't join the movement, but since it happen, I propose we let it run. It shall be a warning for politicians in other regions what happens if they fail to run a damn government.

I'm sure that regardless of calling the constitution "final", territories can be readmitted if the people would want this. And if they don't, what's the harm in having unorganized territories? Pacific citizens still can vote and participate.

This whole thing may be an interesting experiment and, trurly, Atlasia is really static right now.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 04:54:09 PM »

We can agree or disagree whether dismantling the Pacific government was wise or not, it still wasn't a "crime". Sadly, we allowed this situation to legally happen.

Not really your purview there is it my lad?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »

Rather than leave, I would recommend that Spamage stay in the Region and work with the good people there to restore it, at least short and medium term.

But adopting "crime" metaphor for a moment, when criminals are on rampage, the law enforcement is responsible for failing to ensure public safety. So, when a group of extremists was able to take power and disband the government, political establishment is certainly responsible for allowing this to happen.

I probably wouldn't join the movement, but since it happen, I propose we let it run. It shall be a warning for politicians in other regions what happens if they fail to run a damn government.

I'm sure that regardless of calling the constitution "final", territories can be readmitted if the people would want this. And if they don't, what's the harm in having unorganized territories? Pacific citizens still can vote and participate.

This whole thing may be an interesting experiment and, trurly, Atlasia is really static right now.

It certainly will be static for them. And I think many will leave and if we keep taking steps like that many, many more will leave as well.

I don't think we should stand by and allow the voice of a region to be denied. If the people want to change their gov't they have the right to alter it. The Federal Gov'ts responsbility is thus to channel that through a lawful process so to avoid violence and that is exactly what I hope we are able to do in the near future. It is there right, it is there responsbility to take such actions though.

What we should let stand is the lesson learned and focusing of our attention on what needs to be reformed, what we as Atlasians citizens need to do going forward and finally as players in game, how we respect the game and treat fellow participants.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies