Hoping for a Kerry/McCain ticket!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:31:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Hoping for a Kerry/McCain ticket!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hoping for a Kerry/McCain ticket!  (Read 11462 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2004, 12:51:59 AM »

I'm getting more than a little tired of McCain's ego.  I say "ego" because McCain's voting record is conservative - he's not a liberal Republican.  

Zell Miller is a very conservative Dem, so you kind of understand where he's coming from.  But McCain shares very little in common with the Dems.

So....since McCain loves to shoot off his mouth, I say let him join Kerry and we'll shut him up once and for all.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 12:55:31 AM »

Yeah, if he's so hot for Kerry let him join him.

Actually, it's pretty apparent he's still a very bitter man from 2000.  That and he loves playing to the liberal press.  I'm sick of him also.  What an ego.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 01:40:50 AM »

I like him because he's very indepdant-minded and fights corruption and whatnot.

I see a Bush/McCain ticket more likely than a Kerry one though.  McCain actually is campaigning for Bush.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 02:46:48 AM »

I like him because he's very indepdant-minded and fights corruption and what not.

His fight against corruption stems from a guilty conscience.

---

I see a Bush/McCain ticket more likely than a Kerry one though.  McCain actually is campaigning for Bush.

McCain is two-faced.  He may claim to be campaigning for Bush, but he is attacking him every chance he has, while praising Kerry and the Dem party.

At least Zell is honest in whom he supports.  I would have much more respect for McCain if he simply came out and supported Kerry.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 05:25:40 AM »

I like him because he's very indepdant-minded and fights corruption and what not.

His fight against corruption stems from a guilty conscience.

---

McCain is two-faced.  He may claim to be campaigning for Bush, but he is attacking him every chance he has, while praising Kerry and the Dem party.

At least Zell is honest in whom he supports.  I would have much more respect for McCain if he simply came out and supported Kerry.

After what happened in South Carolina Bush shouldn’t expect anything from McCain…

However McCain is being a little… well… a drama queen really, at the moment…

…but on criticizing Bush for saying Kerry was weak on defence I don’t think he was out of line anymore than that other well known republican liberal (joking) Chuck Hagel who also criticized the ad…

Your right McCain isn’t a liberal he’s just a more responsible and less reckless kinda Republican, he favours the neo-cons on foreign policy and is tight-fisted on spending… seems like a traditional republican to me…

And Zell Miller can’t even be called a conservative Dem, Breaux, Landrieu, Nelson, Lieberman these are conservative Dems, Miller as I have said before is way to the right of GOP “liberals” like Lincoln Chafee, Olympia Snowe and Arlen Specter, there is simply no equivalent to Miller in the republican party if there where you would be looking for a GOP Senator on a par with say Chris Dodd and there isn’t one and proably wont be one… so can we stop with the “Miller a conservative Dem” he’s not… what ever happened to the guy I don’t know but sometime in the late 1990’s something changed… oh well…            
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 09:19:14 AM »

With McCain, it's always about McCain.  That's the botton line.  Never get between McCain and a microphone or a political talk show.  Grandstander...

As far as McCain campaigning for Bush.  Bashing Bush at every opportunity is not campaigning for him.  I'm still waiting for him to say one positive thing about the Bush administration.  Just one thing...

With regard to 2000 - He needs to get over it for crying out loud.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 09:22:40 AM »

You guys actually get a respectable member of your party and tear him to pieces?  I don't understand the GOP.

-----

I don't hate Zell Miller.  Although I diagree with him (and forcefully), I understand where he is coming from.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 09:48:48 AM »

I'm just having trouble understanding how exactly McCain is campaigning for Bush.  He's supposed to be the co-chairman for the Bush campaign in Arizona for crying out loud - still waiting for the Co-chair of Arizonians for Bush to say something half assed positive about the guy he is supposedly campaigning for.  Someone please let me know if that ever happens....I won't hold my breath.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 09:51:32 AM »

In the unlikley senario of Arizona going to Kerry... I get the sense of who'll get blamed.... Smiley
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 09:59:16 AM »

And with good reason...
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 10:15:42 AM »

Yeah.... it would be funny though
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 10:19:39 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2004, 10:20:00 AM by Michael Z »

There are two major reasons McCain's campaigning for Bush has been, well, shall we say lukewarm:

1. Bitterness over the 2000 primaries.
2. McCain and Kerry are buddies.

That and McCain's ego of course. At any rate, it's not like it bothers me. Wink
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 10:47:32 AM »

lukewarm is being very generous.  VERY generous.

With friends like McCain....
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 12:11:32 PM »

mccain is very annoying.

im a very moderate republican.  however, ive always thought of mccain as a phony grandstander.  

i laugh at this talk of mccain being kerry's running mate.  last i checked, mccain is pro-life.  i cant imagine the hard core libs being excited by that.  for heaven's sakes, they wouldnt allow former governor casey to speak to the deomcratic convention.

also, mccain is an ardent supporter of the war in iraq.  while kerry voted for the war, he is hardly supportive of it. i havent heard his position this week, though.
zachman

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 07:19:19 PM »

The hardcore liberals and partisans would be thrilled with McCain. I think Kerry should definitely ask McCain if he'd be interested. I'm not sure what McCain's strategy for the future is. I think he is just playing the referree watching the attack ads.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2004, 08:26:16 PM »

the hardcore liberals would be thrilled with mccain??

explain.
zachman

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2004, 08:32:41 PM »

A McCain pick would generate such positive news for the Democrats, that the partisans and liberals would accept it. He was a hero to the liberals in 2000 for challenging the Republican establishment and that is how we see him.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2004, 08:35:17 PM »

The hard left would not accept McCain.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2004, 08:35:53 PM »

agreed
zachman

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2004, 08:39:54 PM »

The hard left should not support Kerry's views on most issues, I don't, but I and the bulk of the hard left supports him.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 08:43:31 PM »

McCain will not be on the Democratic ticket.  End of story.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2004, 08:44:06 PM »

McCain will not be on the Democratic ticket.  End of story.

Probably right.
zachman

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2004, 08:46:51 PM »

I think McCain wants to become President. His statements this spring have made it nearly impossible for him to win the 2008 Republican primary. If he switches parties or joins Kerry's ticket he has a shot with the democrats in 2008 or 2012.You can never predict what he is going to do.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2004, 08:53:59 PM »

Yeah, his mouth has burned his britches with us.  On the other hand, no pro life, who has voted for all Bush's judicial appointments is going to get nominated by the Democrats in 2008 or any other time.  However, I'd pay to see McCain's ego go against Hillary's for the Dem nomination - which is Hillary's BTW.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2004, 09:14:08 AM »

A Kerry/McCain is NOT going to happen. By the way, I like McCain. He seems to be a person who is not blinded by partisanship.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies