Bush/Cheney v Gore/Kerry (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:17:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bush/Cheney v Gore/Kerry (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush/Cheney v Gore/Kerry  (Read 6662 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: April 04, 2004, 07:14:53 AM »

I'm not sure if it would've made much of a difference. Kerry might have fared better in the debates against Cheney, but that's about it.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 05:19:05 AM »

This is really interesting because in my prediction before the VP selection in 2000 i had Gore/Kerry vs Bush Cheney, I think Gore would have won the election....talk to Gore in private and he is still kicking himself for chosing lieberman. The reason why Flordia was so close in 2000 was not due to the jewish voters, but African-Americans....Lieberman had nothing to do with than.

What Kerry would have brought to the ticket would have been a strong voice to go against Bush. Remember Lieberman was absent from most of the campaign due to "religious reasons" and he even failed to show up for the debate (metaphorically) with Cheney. Picking Lieberman is why Gore is not president, he chose him to "send a message" which is the absolute wrong reason to chose a VP candidate.

Motto of the story kids, running scared is a good strategy for failure, throughout the entire 2000 campaign you could tell that the thing that Gore feared the most was losing and he ran the most uninspired campaign as a result, the net result of which is he lost, now how about that.

Very good analysis. I never looked at it that way before, but it definitely makes sense.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies