West Virginia Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:43:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  West Virginia Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: West Virginia Megathread  (Read 23319 times)
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« on: July 14, 2013, 08:59:07 PM »

We're seeing these types of primary challenges in South Dakota too... why can't these practically perennial candidates realize that they're only causing trouble and just to let the strong candidates win? This is two cycles in a row we've blown opportunities, and even lost seats for the dumbest reasons. These no-compromise candidates need to learn that they either get a moderate Republican or a liberal Democrat in the Senate. It's not that hard.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »

They have a right to run and have their voices heard. It just so happens that the GOP isn't appealing to these groups anymore.

I'm not saying their voices should be stifled, I'm just saying they should know when to run and when they're only hurting the party brand. I suppose they believe in their ideals to such a degree they that will push their ideologies no matter the cost.

There will not be a liberal Democrat freshman elected from WV anytime soon.  Whoever wins will either be moderate or conservative. 

Of course, I wasn't referring to West Virginia specifically, more races like DE and NV in 2010.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies