MA: Confirmation of Junkie for Superior Court Justice (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:54:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Confirmation of Junkie for Superior Court Justice (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Confirmation of Junkie for Superior Court Justice (Confirmed)  (Read 621 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2013, 01:02:16 AM »
« edited: August 07, 2013, 01:01:05 AM by Inks.LWC Supports Chuck Hagel »

We will now hold a confirmation hearing for Junkie for Superior Court Justice.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »

Is that HoosierPoliticalJunkie?  I'd be happy with him.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 11:13:40 AM »

Is that HoosierPoliticalJunkie?  I'd be happy with him.

No, it isn't. HPJ is banned from the forum. We appointed this citizen, someone who has broad politican and legal experience in Atlasia.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 04:56:54 PM »

Junkie is an absolute expert at Mideast and RL law so this only makes beautiful sense.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

My only concern is the fact that Junkie resigned suddenly from his Senate seat to leave the forum and Atlasia.  Is there any sort of assurance that we won't have a repeat of that in the near future?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 07:53:18 PM »

I don't think assurances of that kind really exist in Atlasia. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »

I'm not saying he has to stick around for 5 years... just more than say, 6 months.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »

I'm not saying he has to stick around for 5 years... just more than say, 6 months.

It is a fair question.  My only answer is that I will stick around as long as this game is fun and does not seem like a second job that I hate (I actually like my real one).   Last time I was here I found the atmosphere to be quite toxic and really took away from the game.

I came back to the Mideast because I can say the best time I had in this game was when I was in the Mideast Assembly.  That was fun.  No personality conflicts, so good old fashioned poltical discourse.

I have no plans to do anything other than stay in the region and work on my history of atlasia.  Almost done with the first couple of pages.

While I am here, I am more than happy to do this job to the best of my ability.  But I will not make any promises about staying.  With a job, a wife and a six month old, if this game becomes toxic again, I will leave.

Also, if sworn in, I plan to stay independent (no political party) and abstain from voting so that there will no question as to any bias.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »

It is a fair question.  My only answer is that I will stick around as long as this game is fun and does not seem like a second job that I hate (I actually like my real one).   Last time I was here I found the atmosphere to be quite toxic and really took away from the game.

I came back to the Mideast because I can say the best time I had in this game was when I was in the Mideast Assembly.  That was fun.  No personality conflicts, so good old fashioned poltical discourse.

I have no plans to do anything other than stay in the region and work on my history of atlasia.  Almost done with the first couple of pages.

While I am here, I am more than happy to do this job to the best of my ability.  But I will not make any promises about staying.  With a job, a wife and a six month old, if this game becomes toxic again, I will leave.

Also, if sworn in, I plan to stay independent (no political party) and abstain from voting so that there will no question as to any bias.

Be careful, RG homelycooking has the nasty habit of purging voters from the rolls when they have missed three consecutive federal elections. Wink
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »

Be careful, RG homelycooking has the nasty habit of purging voters from the rolls when they have missed three consecutive federal elections. Wink

He could just put 'None of the above' Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »

Seeing no further debate, this is brought to a final vote.  Members will vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.  This will be a 48-hour vote.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »

AYE
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »

Aye
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »

Aye!
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:18:45 PM »

Aye
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »

I just realized that this was never closed.  The AYEs are 4, and the NAYs are 0, with 1 Not voting.  Junkie is confirmed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies