Australian Labor Party caucus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:06:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Australian Labor Party caucus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Australian Labor Party caucus  (Read 10014 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2013, 04:42:47 AM »

Not sure about the most recent platform, but here's some info on a Gillard aged care policy from last year:

http://australianpolitics.com/2012/04/20/gillard-announces-aged-care-policy.html

Also, does anyone know where the PM is? He hasn't been here for a while and we need to get into election mode.
Sorry. Have been kinda busy lately and not a lot was going on here.

Liking a lot of ideas so far. Will do a review soon.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »

Having read that through, I think the RL policy is a good one. I'd recommend keeping it.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2013, 05:12:37 AM »

Hey guys, I hope it is not to late to join in on the fun. Now I don't know all the elements and subtleties of Aussie politics but I am willing to give it a go.
Name: George Ryan
Party: Labor
Bio: Eldest of five children born to an Aboriginal father and American mother, father was a farm hand, while mom is an at home seamstress. George grew up in poverty and faced discrimination for most of his childhood. Shortly after coming out as bisexual he was beaten by a mob and left for dead. He survived but was paralyzed from the waist down. George went to college in the States with help from his extended family at Georgia State University, after graduating with a bachelors in Public Policy he returned home he set up a nonprofit for GLBT Territorians as well helped set up a fishing co-op owned and operated by first nations people. A relative newcomer to politics, George ran for the assembly in his family home of Alice Spring only to be defeated in the safe conservative seat.
While socially and economically on the left. George has campaigned for a self-sufficient Australia and encourages all means of achieving it. George Ryan has also made a name for being a champion of First Nations people across the Territory and the rest of Australia.

Address: Tiwi Island, Northern Territory
Electorate: Lingiari
Place of Birth: Alice Springs, NT
Occupation: Nonprofit advocate, activist, Fisherman, small business owner.
Religion: Methodist
Sexuality: Bisexual, Single
Addictions/Medical conditions: Wheelchair bound
GAworth
United States

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2013, 11:23:18 AM »

At least a lot of rumored ones anyway.
With my character, I will be focusing on halting the intervention, equal marriage, supporting farmers, and a national energy self-sufficiency program.

- For 1 year no taxes shall be paid on solar panels, insulation, water recycling systems, energy efficient appliances made in Australia and 1/2 the normal amount of tax on non-Australian made products.
- 30% of all Federal buildings energy come from renewable energy in 5 years.
- Support for transitioning the auto industry and gas stations to accommodate hybrid capacity.
- Continue the current carbon scheme.

I was wondering what everyone thought? Could we include something like this into our energy policy?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »

I oppose half the things your character stands for.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2013, 08:43:34 PM »

Ha!!! Well I respect that. I look forward to the campaign and winning reelecting a Labor Majority.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies