Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge born. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:35:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge born. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge born.  (Read 10810 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 22, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

Yes, I am exited.

If it is a girl, how many British tabloids will be calling her Princess of Wails?  Will the number be higher if she is named after her grandmother Diana?

HRH the Prince(ess) ____ of Cambridge.  (Fourth in line to the thrown, heir apparent, to the heir apparent of the heir apparent) 

Wales is a life peerage, in effect, and a new prince(ess) is created.  There has never been a Princess of Wales, as such.

Boy:  Phillip or George (I'd bet George)

Girl:  Victoria, Elizabeth, or Alexandra with Diana as a middle name.  I would expect Diana to be in there. 

There would be no numbers until the baby rules.  Yes, it is possible that this baby will be on the throne is 2101, holding a grandchild.  Smiley

Note that is entirely possible for a sovereign to chose a different regal name, as Edward VII was Albert. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:35:56 PM »

Well as long as they give us more bank holidays; I think the House of Windsor are very secure.

As long as Charles doesn't screw things up too much.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »

The Baby already has a Wkipedia page.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_the_Duke_and_Duchess_of_Cambridge

Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 07:52:33 PM »

Congrats to William and Kate. They seem like a nice young couple. That said, I dislike monarchy, title and the system of celebrity media that creates these spectacles. Despite their wealth, I feel bad for them having to live such an existence and don't envy them at all.

The tradition is nice, as is future focal point of the nation, someone beyond politics.  Prince Rufus (for lack of a better name) will in many ways be a prisoner, a privileged one, but we can start listing what he can't be.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »

Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies