pa senate 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:35:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  pa senate 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: how would you have voted?
santorum

casey jr.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: pa senate 2006  (Read 2470 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 12:55:34 PM »

Mitty's only consistent ideological position is elitism. You can't apply labels like 'libertarian', 'democrat', or 'republican' to him. He is a consistent elitist, regardless of the issue in question. So naturally it makes sense that he would support Santorum over Casey and be a big fan of Bloomberg. Mitty is out of place as a Democrat, but he's also out of place in the modern GOP because it's a lot less genteel than it used to be.

Put it this way - if this were 1973 or 1953, Mitty would easily be a Rockefeller Republican.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »

A registered dem who dislikes populism, likes Bush, and is in the lower right corner of the political matrix is not a libertarian?

He is also a big fan of Michael Bloomberg.
Ok here
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Robert Casey Jr., I would rather vote for him over the worst senator in U.S. history.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 04:12:36 PM »

The one who is not Santorum. 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 04:15:17 PM »

I don't feel particular antipathy towards either, and I do like Casey. Assuming I was in PA and a voter at the time I probably would've towed the party line, though Casey's the type of candidate I'd make an exception for.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 06:55:52 PM »

SANTORUM ALL THE WAY BAY-BAY
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Robert Casey Jr., I would rather vote for him over the worst senator in U.S. history.

As much as I hate Santorum...John C. Calhoun? Jesse Helms? Strom Thurmond? Joe McCarthy?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 09:29:54 AM »

As much as I hate Santorum...John C. Calhoun? Jesse Helms? Strom Thurmond? Joe McCarthy?
Rick Santorum is one of the worst Senators who ever served and easily the worst one who served during my lifetime. You are definately right that Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, John Calhoun and Joe McCarthy were more reactionary than Rick Santorum though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 10:04:38 AM »

Wow! How did I not see this earlier?

Anyway, it's kind of funny that Walter posted this. Walter has many horrible beliefs but throws in a pinch of common sense every now and again. I was recently wondering if he'd still support Santorum since Walter's religion hatred has amped up recently. I know he supported Rick in 2006. Glad he still takes the common sense position on this.

By the way, any Republican that votes for a total do nothing waste of a Senator from the other party should be immediately banned from the GOP.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 11:13:31 AM »

Rick Santorum is one of the worst Senators who ever served and easily the worst one who served during my lifetime. You are definately right that Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, John Calhoun and Joe McCarthy were more reactionary than Rick Santorum though.

What makes him specifically stand out as "worst" (which I assume means right-wing or something close to that) as opposed to the rest of the Senate?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 04:29:20 PM »

What makes him specifically stand out as "worst" (which I assume means right-wing or something close to that) as opposed to the rest of the Senate?
His extremely hardline neoconservative foreign policy views, his hate-filled positions on gay marriage and gay rights in general, his support for Earmarks, the No Child Left Behind Act, the Medicare Prescription Drug Act and his opposition to the libertarian elements in the Republican Party are just some of the reasons why I despise Rick Santorum, along with his controversial public comments and extreme partisan, confrontational style of politics.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies