IA-Quinnipiac: Hillary tied with Christie, leads Walker - Biden trails both (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:14:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  IA-Quinnipiac: Hillary tied with Christie, leads Walker - Biden trails both (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-Quinnipiac: Hillary tied with Christie, leads Walker - Biden trails both  (Read 1814 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 24, 2013, 11:28:34 PM »

What is it that's pushing his fall though? Nothing's really even happened. Nobody's talking about those scandals. Yet apparently Democratic approval is falling and Independents hate him now.

Good question. There's the possibility that there is some sort of cultural shift going on to where people just want to go to church and get rich. More likely though is that the base is disenchanted with the Snowden/Manning thing or even more likely, its summer and Obama doesn't do well in the summer because nothing is getting down because congress is out. At least this time, there aren't fundies and fascists bringing guns to town halls and accusing congressmen on being Manchurianesque commienazies.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »

I wouldn't expect Hillary to perform particularly strong in Iowa. However, I don't think this poll is all too favourable to her when you consider Obama's 41% approval rating in the state.

Same as in Colorado. Her husband did quite well here. Why would she botch Iowa but carry Missouri?

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »

I wouldn't expect Hillary to perform particularly strong in Iowa. However, I don't think this poll is all too favourable to her when you consider Obama's 41% approval rating in the state.

Same as in Colorado. Her husband did quite well here. Why would she botch Iowa but carry Missouri?

Are you saying the polls are wrong?

Not necessarily. We still just had the 2012 election. These numbers are very characteristic of where Obama was during 2010-2011 and he still turned out fine. Quinnipiac is the only one consistently polling these places and we do not have any narrative to explain what's going on to believe these numbers except some voters who voted for Obama think that Hillary is a jackass.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies