The Regional Executives Stimulus Meeting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:21:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Regional Executives Stimulus Meeting  (Read 2517 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »

Well my friends. It’s time to have a say on how we are going to put this Stimulus in place. As I’m a fan of regional rights and as I love having debates, I decided to start this meeting to make things far more productive and transparent for the public. Here is the bill.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

Now...

Let the Meetings BEGIN!

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »

For Sirnick and ZuWo, would you both be okay with splitting the money allocated to the three other regions fairly evenly (9 for the Northeast, 8 for the Mideast, 8 for the Midwest)?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »

Duly noted. An IDS plan is in the works now.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »

I'll be discussing my plans with the Council but do have several ideas.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »

What are the investments that you think that have a balances of quick return and long term benefit?

Mainly Infrastructure. Isn't it?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »

For Sirnick and ZuWo, would you both be okay with splitting the money allocated to the three other regions fairly evenly (9 for the Northeast, 8 for the Mideast, 8 for the Midwest)?

The Mideast is the largest of these three regions but I generally agree with a fair distribution of the $25 billion among the Mideast, Northeast and Midwest. Yet, since the number of citizens should be reflected to a certain extent, I request that $9 billion shall be allocated to the Mideast and $8 billion to the Northeast and Midwest each. Wink
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »

I think that's generally fair, I'll wait for Sirnick to come up with his idea of what's fair.

I am going to get an estimate of how much it would cost to repair the infrastructure system in the states of the Midwest that have the worst roads. I think the stimulus should be focused on road repairs, at least for now.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 03:53:41 PM »

What are the investments that you think that have a balances of quick return and long term benefit?

As far as the Mdieast is concerned, using the money for funding the "Mideast High Speed Rail Act" makes a lot of sense at this point. It's an infrastructure project which affects this and next year's budget with $20 billion each.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »

I would also like to discuss with you guys and the GM about how do we account Federal Money on the Regional Budgets! Currently, all the Regions tend to ignore the millions of dollars that should go probably to your hands. I think that there is at least one bill about Eletricity and there is another bill of Infrastructure that were accounted on the Federal Budget (as an expenditure) but Regions didn't really spend a dollar of it...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2013, 02:55:11 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

I believe so - although a formal statement will have to come for the Legislature, I'll be advocating for focusing on things like port expansions, freeway updates, maybe some of those freeway removals the President discussed, maybe more rail, and so on.

Was making me Ron Paul intentional? Cause if it was, then good show.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »

I think that's generally fair, I'll wait for Sirnick to come up with his idea of what's fair.

I am going to get an estimate of how much it would cost to repair the infrastructure system in the states of the Midwest that have the worst roads. I think the stimulus should be focused on road repairs, at least for now.

I'm a little confused as to why IDS is receiving $25B and the other three regions are receiving a combined $15B. I know the unemployment rate has shot up quite a bit in the IDS, is that why?

I would also like to discuss with you guys and the GM about how do we account Federal Money on the Regional Budgets! Currently, all the Regions tend to ignore the millions of dollars that should go probably to your hands. I think that there is at least one bill about Eletricity and there is another bill of Infrastructure that were accounted on the Federal Budget (as an expenditure) but Regions didn't really spend a dollar of it...

If you sent us a PM with those funds and reminded us of those I'm sure most of us would be happy to implement those bills with the designated funding.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 07:08:55 PM »

May I use about 1.5 Billion of my Stimulus to eliminate the Estate Tax in my region? If you want me to back that, I can, but I think that's where I'm going to start.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »

May I use about 1.5 Billion of my Stimulus to eliminate the Estate Tax in my region? If you want me to back that, I can, but I think that's where I'm going to start.
I would like to call your attention for short and long term benefits. Do you see that as something that will give a bump for Economic Growth in your region? Who is going to benefit for that? It looks like a Tax Cut for the wealthy... I wouldn't have a problem with that if you decide to take other actions as well...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 07:24:13 PM »

I would like to call your attention for short and long term benefits. Do you see that as something that will give a bump for Economic Growth in your region? Who is going to benefit for that? It looks like a Tax Cut for the wealthy... I wouldn't have a problem with that if you decide to take other actions as well...

Well, I think getting rid of the Estate Tax makes it more viable for wealthy people to enter the Midwest. Certainly, any benefit to the rich will be balanced by a ratio of 4.33 to 1 by benefits to the poor.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »

I will remove it then. I was wondering what I could do with the dollars is all.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »

If The North receives stimulus money we will invest it in infrastructure related projects. I don't think we're in dire need of it, but we will use it appropriately as a cautionary measure.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 11:39:50 PM »

We have two proposals on the table to expand High Speed Rail and raise government employee salaries, which would not exceed $40 billion together. The new Council will vote on the issues.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 12:15:08 PM »

We have two proposals on the table to expand High Speed Rail and raise government employee salaries, which would not exceed $40 billion together. The new Council will vote on the issues.

The Secretary of Internal Affairs would be glad to finance the former initiative, while we would prefer not to federally interfere on regional government employee payments.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »

The Secretary of Internal Affairs would be glad to finance the former initiative, while we would prefer not to federally interfere on regional government employee payments.

Theoretically, we could just claim the difference as surplus and then spend it however we want, correct? Or would that be bad form?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 06:08:24 PM »

Theoretically, we could just claim the difference as surplus and then spend it however we want, correct? Or would that be bad form?

That is the strategy that I would suggest you. I'm just telling you that I don't feel confortable about giving Federal Money to regional employees, it creates a web of money dependence that I would not like to see... It's pretty different than an Infrastructure investment.

When you build a bridge, it's fundamentally done, all you have too keep it up is with maintenance costs, but when you increase someone salaries, that costs will resound for a long time.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 03:50:35 PM »

That is the strategy that I would suggest you. I'm just telling you that I don't feel confortable about giving Federal Money to regional employees, it creates a web of money dependence that I would not like to see... It's pretty different than an Infrastructure investment.

When you build a bridge, it's fundamentally done, all you have too keep it up is with maintenance costs, but when you increase someone salaries, that costs will resound for a long time.

Apologies, I missed this post earlier.

Let me see if we can take Nix's advice into account and try to beef up schooling, instead. I'll ask the Council.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »

I would like to call all Governors to show me, if you already have, solid proposals for Stimulus. We will take a look at your projects and see how much money the Department of Internal Affairs will give for them. We would like to see the following things on your proposal presentation: long-term and short-term benefits of your project, costs of it and how much Federal help would you like to have. Smiley
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »

Where's my money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZomwVcGt0LE
sentinel
sirnick