Senatorial Candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:56:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senatorial Candidates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senatorial Candidates  (Read 6133 times)
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2004, 11:06:36 AM »

The choice in question was (emphasis added):

c) Regions plan E and Districts plan D from the Regions Vote thread

If the voter did not care to check the regions vote thread, then its not the fault of the individual setting up the vote.

that is regions, we never voted on the districts and that is what is seriously wrong.
Not true. The distinction between the two came just as the vote was being established. Plan D, which won, was perfectly balanced at the time of the election (nineteen to twenty-one residents in each). We cannot now change it on the basis of a population change. If so, then every time a new voter registers, a change would be necessitated. Plan D, I think, must be used for the midterm elections, since it was valid at the time of creation. The new Senate can then appropriately redraw the boundaries. The map has no basis whatsoever - 10 states per region or anything else - in terms of being a regional map.

Ok, I concede I was wrong there, but the districts are seriously unbalanced, I don't think we should have voted on districts because it should be balanced.
I think that a Senate can get elected and fix the districts based upon an official census.
dunn

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2004, 12:20:06 PM »

If the voter did not care to check the regions vote thread, then its not the fault of the individual setting up the vote.

that is regions, we never voted on the districts and that is what is seriously wrong.
Not true. The distinction between the two came just as the vote was being established. Plan D, which won, was perfectly balanced at the time of the election (nineteen to twenty-one residents in each). We cannot now change it on the basis of a population change. If so, then every time a new voter registers, a change would be necessitated. Plan D, I think, must be used for the midterm elections, since it was valid at the time of creation. The new Senate can then appropriately redraw the boundaries. The map has no basis whatsoever - 10 states per region or anything else - in terms of being a regional map.

Ok, I concede I was wrong there, but the districts are seriously unbalanced, I don't think we should have voted on districts because it should be balanced.
I think that a Senate can get elected and fix the districts based upon an official census.

exectly what i said
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2004, 02:43:43 PM »

exectly what i said

this looks like the right plan Smiley
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2004, 10:01:26 AM »

*bump* for those asking about senatorial candidates.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies